I don't think WR is a need. We got a breakout star on our roster already

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, nucci said:

except near the end when was inactive 

Yeah might have been the fumbles on returns and just not being good.

I mean of course I sincerely hope he suddenly develops and becomes the next Tyreek Hill, but he has done literally nothing to warrant OP's praise of him other than considering 4.45 speed to be "freakish" and incorrectly thinking he came from the ACC.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Sure but wonder if instead they sign Davis and let Diggs go?  But agree either way, they need a top WR.

Will admit now that signed Bates and Bottenger, drafting a RB maybe in the 2nd doesn't sound as bad as less holes.  Especially true if they sign/trade for a CB before the draft.

You know…I thought of that too. Could be a possibility depending on how things go. 

The passing game is the strength of this team.  Have to keep it strong.  Draft a WR early in the draft who'll be on a cheap rookie deal.  Stevenson is an unproven guy at this point who was a 6th rd pick.  Hope he pans out but as others have said hope is not a plan.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You've got OL way too high after signing Rodger Saffold, retaining Ryan Bates long term, re-signing Ike Boettger, and also signing Greg Mancz. Starting Line is set for this season and 4/5 of them are on long term contracts.

Maybe a mid round pick or two for development. But none of Dawkins, Saffold, Morse, Bates, or Brown are being benched and you don't spend your first rounder on a rotational Lineman who won't see much playing time in Year 1.

Bates contract is in between starter and high end backup $s.

Boettger likely will not be ready until mid to late season.  Mancz isn't guaranteed anything, he's been "meh".  Cody Ford doesn't fit the mold of what our new line coach typically looks for, so he might be on his way out 

Not to mention, we have Tommy Doyle slotted as our only T backup as of now. 

Anytime you bring in a new oline coach, and a new O coordinator, anything is on the table and they will likely look to fill with players that fit their desired skillets.  

I agree with @GreggTX, we need OL, and could see us drafting 2 guys.

• Agree 1

It’s  premature to ascend Stevenson to some next breakout star.

I still think we will pick a WR in round 2.  I’m guessing this rumor of trading up is for a CB.  In September Tre has a good chance won’t be ready in September with his rehab, which means a 1st RD, 1st day starter along with Dr Poyer and Mr Hyde, and Taron is what is needed.  Makes it more palatable for Dane on the other side.

Once Tre is back in full force we will have run stopping DT’s, penetrating DE’s and a penetrating DT in Oliver, and sideline to sideline LB’s.  Match that with a top notch secondary against a more competitive couple of divisions this year and we have a first rate defense.

Couple that with an already explosive offense with one of the top 3 QB’s in the league, and there is room for excitement.  2022 draft should be fun.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't remember any game off the top of my head that Hodgins was active for. 

Like I said, the coaching staff seemed to gain alot of trust in Stevenson as the season went on. 

Trust? Seriously? He did nothing . Don't forget that he had a number of  injuries in college so let's see if he can stand up to the NFL game

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're right. He has freakish speed. And he lasted until the 6th Round. What does that tell you? We needed speed and someone to stretch the field last season and they didn't use him. Even when we had injuries at WR. What does that tell you?

Maybe he'll stay on as the 6th or 7th WR. MAYBE. But it's insane to think he's going to be a contributor.

Do you trust this coaching staff to play the best players? Took 10+ weeks and multiple injuries to get Bates in the lineup. Davis was getting minimal targets for much of the season.  Moss and Singletary were getting equal reps. Gilliam is allowed to play. McKenzie disappeared for large stitches of the season. Basham is inactive most of the season while we watch Epenesa suck all year.

Not saying I think Stevenson will break out this year. But I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. 

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Boettger likely will not be ready until mid to late season.  Mancz isn't guaranteed anything, he's been "meh".  Cody Ford doesn't fit the mold of what our new line coach typically looks for, so he might be on his way out 

Anytime you bring in a new oline coach, and a new O coordinator, anything is on the table and they will likely look to fill with players that fit their desired skillets.  

I'd be fine with an OT in round 1-3 and a C/G in round 5.  Boettger was never good. He will probably miss the entire season anyways. Ford looks like a bust and at this point seems more likely to get cut than be a significant contributor. But I suspect they will give Ford all kinds of opportunities with a new OL coach to get better.

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

His name is Marquez Stevenson. With the Crowder acquisition, re signing McKenzie and Davis being as good as I believe he is, I think we're good at WR. Also the beauty of having a Stefon Diggs is he'll bring great intensity and leadership to the WR room and bring out the best from the younger guys.

Stevenson was 1st team all ACC in 18 and 19 and has freakish speed. He seemed to gain confidence in the coaching staff with his late season return duties. 

Davis takes Sanders role. Crowder takes Beasleys role. McKenzie can play in or out and Stevenson can be what McKenzie was last year.

I could totally see a Diggs , McKenzie and Stevenson 3 WR set. I think he could at least be a Hardman type of WR WR because his pure speed is super elite and will always gain attention for his deep threat ability.  

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR in rd 5 or later but we quietly built a really good WR room even with 2 veteran losses. Hodgins is also sitting there as a total wildcard. He might not cut it in the NFL but he's only going on year 3

What yall think? 

His college tape is insane! 

I had high hopes for him last season and it would be great for him to take a step forward. But honestly, at this point we can’t value him any more than Hodgins, both of them haven’t done anything in the NFL. This years camp will be huge for Stevenson, he’ll be fighting to make the team though. 

Who knows where the Bills draft a wr this season, but with our offense it feels like we should probably snag at least 1 wr every draft and keep a nice healthy pipeline in place. WR’s are being paid crazy money and Josh is going to make a lot of guys some money, so we need guys waiting in the wings. 

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agreed.  While not a need, I could certainly see us bringing in two OL, especially with Saffold, Mancz, Boettger and Ford all with 1 year on their deals. 

As it stands, my hope..(assuming this is close in value to Beane’s BPA)

RD1 WR

RD2 CB

RD3 OL

RD4 OL

Then do whatever they want with their RD5, RD6, RD6 and RD7 picks… RB, Punter, depth etc..

2 hours ago, Georgie said:

Beasley and Sanders are gone and Crowder, hopefully, more or less replaces Beasley. We are also "hoping" that Davis,McKenzie,Hodgins and Stevenson can replace Sanders'  production.

What if somebody gets hurt? If Diggs goes down do you really think Stevenson can pick up the slack?

I think Bills  need to draft a WR in 1st or 2nd round; add another weapon so Bills can impose their offensive will on opponents.

Davis should have been playing in place of Sanders for most of the year...basically whenever he was on the field he made things happen.  That was a real head scratcher after the first month of the season when Sanders declined pretty badly.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.