I don't think WR is a need. We got a breakout star on our roster already

JerseyBills

20 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He was sitting behind great WRs. He was a late rd rookie, what did you expect? And he made the active roster late in the year. 

He has freakish speed. 

I can only find a 4.45 for his 40.  Am I missing something?  Diggs ran a 4.46, and I would not call him freakish in the speed department.  Fast, can run from most corners, but not Tyreek Hill fast.

49 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

His name is Marquez Stevenson. With the Crowder acquisition, re signing McKenzie and Davis being as good as I believe he is, I think we're good at WR. Also the beauty of having a Stefon Diggs is he'll bring great intensity and leadership to the WR room and bring out the best from the younger guys.

Stevenson was 1st team all ACC in 18 and 19 and has freakish speed. He seemed to gain confidence in the coaching staff with his late season return duties.

Dude, Stevenson "gained so much confidence" with his late-season return duties that he was literally inactive for the final game of the season and both playoff games, while McKenzie got back into the return game.

He took a total of 6 offensive snaps.  He had 2 fumbles (and I believe 1 or 2 muffs, in addition)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Marquez Stevenson turn into a player we could count on, but until he shows a little bit more, we'd better not count.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

I can only find a 4.45 for his 40.  Am I missing something?  Diggs ran a 4.46, and I would not call him freakish in the speed department.  Fast, can run from most corners, but not Tyreek Hill fast.

4.37 according to this source. 

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Marquez-Stevenson-WR-Houston

So far I have to say he plays slower than his 40 time (IMO)

If this is a team where we are expected to be 7-10, then 5th and 6th rounders from the previous year are expected to contribute. We are super bowl contenders, he'll be lucky to make the team..

Edited by qwksilver

42 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I had hopes for him. But we needed speed last season and the coaches didn't use him, which speaks volumes. And when he got his shot at being the return man, he showed a proclivity for putting the ball on the ground. Both he and Hodgins were end of the draft picks that have shown nothing. They aren't people you count on.

It's kinda hard to throw deep against teams playing a two high safety shell on defense. Once the Bills get a RB that defenses fear (wink)😉, then maybe they can utilize Stevenson speed

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

His name is Marquez Stevenson. With the Crowder acquisition, re signing McKenzie and Davis being as good as I believe he is, I think we're good at WR. Also the beauty of having a Stefon Diggs is he'll bring great intensity and leadership to the WR room and bring out the best from the younger guys.

Stevenson was 1st team all ACC in 18 and 19 and has freakish speed. He seemed to gain confidence in the coaching staff with his late season return duties. 

Davis takes Sanders role. Crowder takes Beasleys role. McKenzie can play in or out and Stevenson can be what McKenzie was last year.

I could totally see a Diggs , McKenzie and Stevenson 3 WR set. I think he could at least be a Hardman type of WR WR because his pure speed is super elite and will always gain attention for his deep threat ability.  

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR in rd 5 or later but we quietly built a really good WR room even with 2 veteran losses. Hodgins is also sitting there as a total wildcard. He might not cut it in the NFL but he's only going on year 3

What yall think? 

His college tape is insane! 

Sir,

What in his first year led you to believe this?

I mean as a bills fan I WANT this to happen.......but he literally couldnt even handle special teams duties.

Hell.....Lil Dirty was BETTER at returns even with the botched one that ended up in a turnover.......Lil Dirty ran some back for touchdowns only to get called back.

As a actual on the field on offense receiver?   What did Stevenson show in his first year to make you even believe this?

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's kinda hard to throw deep against teams playing a two high safety shell on defense. Once the Bills get a RB that defenses fear (wink)😉, then maybe they can utilize Stevenson speed

They didn't utilize him at WR all season long. Not even when they had injuries. Two high safeties had nothing to do with it. They obviously didn't like what they saw in practice.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Davis takes Sanders role. Crowder takes Beasleys role. McKenzie can play in or out and Stevenson can be what McKenzie was last year.

I could totally see a Diggs , McKenzie and Stevenson 3 WR set. I think he could at least be a Hardman type of WR WR because his pure speed is super elite and will always gain attention for his deep threat ability.  

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR in rd 5 or later but we quietly built a really good WR room even with 2 veteran losses. Hodgins is also sitting there as a total wildcard. He might not cut it in the NFL but he's only going on year 3

What yall think? 

Da’Rick Roger’s tape was insane.  I heard he also led the SEC back in receiving back in the day.  He’s available too.

Edited by prissythecat
Fix response

What yall think? 

I made this joke in the Tua thread last week, and I think it applies here:

I’d like to welcome Marquez Stevenson’s Mom to the board!

I don't remember any game off the top of my head that Hodgins was active for. 

Like I said, the coaching staff seemed to gain alot of trust in Stevenson as the season went on. 

Which coaching staff are you referring to and can you give any examples of this trust?  I thought he was one of the least impressive players I've seen in some time. Maybe he'll show something this season, but I have no expectations.

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

I made this joke in the Tua thread last week, and I think it applies here:

I’d like to welcome Marquez Stevenson’s Mom to the board!

Haha. I'll take that.. 

I'm surprised at the negative vibes in here. 

I understand he's unproven but just the fact he was on the active roster , after being on IR is a sign to me that the staff does like him. McD and Hall are some very intense, detail oriented coaches. They're obviously intrigued by something in his game. 

Hodgins hasn't touched an active roster in 2 years for example.  

We're a legit SB contender, of course he's going to be on a short leash his rookie year but I'm just saying, i wouldn't be surprised to see him with a role on next year's offense. 

Edited by JerseyBills

All I remember about Stevenson is he had the worst instincts as a return man I have ever seen and I held my breath every time he had one because he literally ran into his own players and ended up in some interesting situations.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Which coaching staff are you referring to and can you give any examples of this trust?  I thought he was one of the least impressive players I've seen in some time. Maybe he'll show something this season, but I have no expectations.

Just the fact he was active after a stint on ir in his rookie year gives me hope that the coaches feel he can be an X factor on this O. 

This is a legit SB roster after all.

• Eyeroll 1

What yall think? 

I would be SHOCKED if Stevenson ever becomes a meaningful contributor to this team, for all the reasons many other posters are pointing out.  But if somehow you actually call this shot, I will consider you a prophet.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I would be SHOCKED if Stevenson ever becomes a meaningful contributor to this team, for all the reasons many other posters are pointing out.  But if somehow you actually call this shot, I will consider you a prophet.

This is what I dont understand.  He was a late rd rookie on a stacked WR corps and was activated immediately after coming off ir. 

I don't think it's a stretch at all that he could develop into a Mecole Hardman type of WR

Especially with Chad Hall coaching him up. 

You can teach and coach up alot of things but raw speed isn't one of em.

🤷‍♂️ We'll see. I'll definitely be re posting this around week 10.  I truly believe that

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Just the fact he was active after a stint on ir in his rookie year gives me hope that the coaches feel he can be an X factor on this O. 

This is a legit SB roster after all.

Didn't they take him off kick returns late in the season?  I would love to be wrong about him, but I saw nothing from him last season, not one thing to make me feel good about his future.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.