Soak it all in

TFBillsfan

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not sure what you mean. The Bills also get to tell us what he’s worth. They aren’t force to keep him. Every single player that leaves, leaves because the Bills didn’t think they were worth it. 

I'm talking this season, highly doubt the Bills cut him and eat $12 mil salary.  Only way he's gone this year would be if traded.  Will they re-sign him long term, not sure if they don't then know the Bills weren't as happy with him as they let on. If they draft a LB high, handwriting may be on the wall.

I guess I'm one who doesn't think he's as worthless as many feel, but also do agree that he hasn't lived up to 1st round draft status.  So will be interesting to see what they decide to do.  Best thing would be not to sign him next year, and let him go out and gauge his worth then potentially sign him at lower numbers.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

its rare in all sports when a team is likeable to NFL fans, there are always haters.  And winning brings more haters.  But for this brief moment in time, I think most of the country cheers for the Bills and likes Bills Mafia.  How can a football fan not love the way Josh Allen plays?

This.  I work with people from all over the country, all different teams- but they all love the bills

2 hours ago, Pete said:

its rare in all sports when a team is likeable to NFL fans, there are always haters.  And winning brings more haters.  But for this brief moment in time, I think most of the country cheers for the Bills and likes Bills Mafia.  How can a football fan not love the way Josh Allen plays?

I remember in 1992 that sentiment changed very quickly against the Bills. After losing two straight SB's, Jay Leno on NBC's Tonight Show said at the beginning of the season something like: "Now is the time the other 27 teams compete to see who gets to beat Buffalo in the Super Bowl".

Then in 1994, the country was sick and tired of the Bills in the SB every year. So, after defeating Kansas City in the AFC Championship Game, two things stick out to me:

1. There was a fan sign in Rich Stadium which said something to the effect of: "We are headed to the Super Bowl America...Deal with it!".

2. In the post-game interview, Jim Kelly said on live TV: "Weeeee'rrrreeee Baaaaack!!!" in a sarcastic tone to all the haters

Yes, so cherish it while it lasts..

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I hope many are stepping back and realizing what an amazing time we are experiencing as Bill’s fans!

*Franchise, electric, superstar QB

*Stadium announcement securing the Bills in Buffalo for decades.
*Free Agents destination 

*A respected front office

*Super Bowl favorites

*Expectations to win not just compete 

*A well rounded roster 

*One of the highest paid rosters in the NFL

*Mega press coverage

*Drafting later in the 1st round

I could go on and on but for those of us who have been Bill’s fans forever I hope everyone is enjoying the ride we are on.

The ONLY thing left on this list is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

The off-season used to be my "Super Bowl" - obsessing over free agency, the draft and of course finding a QB.   I just wanted The Bills to be above average/relevant again for 2 decades.  Now they are a true SB contender....is this real life?!  

I hope many are stepping back and realizing what an amazing time we are experiencing as Bill’s fans!

*Free Agents destination 

*Super Bowl favorites

*A well rounded roster 

*Mega press coverage

I could go on and on but for those of us who have been Bill’s fans forever I hope everyone is enjoying the ride we are on.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

The off-season used to be my "Super Bowl" - obsessing over free agency, the draft and of course finding a QB.   I just wanted The Bills to be above average/relevant again for 2 decades.  Now they are a true SB contender....is this real life?!  

*Free Agents destination 

*Super Bowl favorites

*A well rounded roster 

*Mega press coverage

LETS GO BUFFALO!

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If I could've inserted Wagner at 10M this season over TE @ 12.7, I would've been on "soak it in" cloud 9. Still think there's a chance we find a sucker to take him and that salary off our hands. Gotta agree we have alot to be excited about. 

Way to make this a Tremaine Edmunds bashing thread, guys. And it's the same guys. We heard you already. Holy 💩!

4 hours ago, Pete said:

im guessing he gets traded.  We can't afford him, he has value to some team, there are lots of quality LBers in this draft that will be a lot more affordable, and good chance more instincts

Vegas has us as the SB favorites 

Bean opened up the checkbook and spend a ton in free agency , we are basically all in to go get that SB , and at the same time we are going to hit a reset button on the most important position in McD’s defense and put our hopes on a rookie ? Got it !!!

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It amazes me how majority of the people think he's terrible, and we should trade him, he has value I hear and we're going to maybe get a 2nd rounder for him or more some think!   It's just the scheme here doesn't fit him, but he's worth alot!

Highly disagree. He's asked to be a glorified DB here. Play center field. Use those long arms to obstruct passing lanes.

Barely does/asked to do typical linebacker stuff. Could you imagine him being asked to play normal ILB stuff, HAH!

For the record I value those things he does here, and I think the strategy of our defense runs through him.... but he'd be terrible in most every scheme outside of here.

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Way to make this a Tremaine Edmunds bashing thread, guys. And it's the same guys. We heard you already. Holy 💩!

Hey dopey, why don't you read the thread real carefully.  Do your homework.  And maybe,  just maybe you'll see I didn't bring it up.  

My two sons grew up rooting for two other teams. Older likes the Dolphins and the younger likes Pittsburgh.  

I know. I know.  

My older won’t change but he really isn’t a big football fan. Likes Buffalo too because I do and we visit often.

My younger is now all in on Buffalo.  Helped that I dragged him to Bills games and “the creature” plays in Buffalo.  

The day Buffalo snagged VM40, I texted him he picked a great time to come around on the Bills. 

He still likes Pitt second, but he roots for Sabres too.  

The last two years have been deliriously fun.  

Edited by wjag

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hey dopey, why don't you read the thread real carefully.  Do your homework.  And maybe,  just maybe you'll see I didn't bring it up.  

I did and noted it's the same guys, not just you.

10 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

This is such a great point. I live in Atlanta and it’s such a great feeling seeing the elementary kids wearing Josh Allen jerseys because it’s cool or when I’m out wearing Bills gear how many non Bills fans say we are rooting for you to win the SB. Step back in time and the vast majority of the comments were how can you be a Bills fan.

Yup! Always the butt of the joke but not anymore! 

45 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I did and noted it's the same guys, not just you.

Yup, they will jump in with both feet at any opportunity, its gotten to the point of being comical, 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Pete said:

im guessing he gets traded.  We can't afford him, he has value to some team, there are lots of quality LBers in this draft that will be a lot more affordable, and good chance more instincts

Lets say for the sake of conversation the Bills trade Edmonds to move up in the draft seeing as this is his 5th year option year & he's getting a pretty good pay check being a first rounder what if anything could the Bills save if they trade him & get another rookie LB in the draft ?? 

You know, I've found myself have these feelings over the past month too, the pinch-me-this-can't-be-real feeling.  It's so much fun.  (Stop here if you don't want a serious dose of reality.)

As with everything else, however, there are alternate realities than can play out from here, and they aren't all joyous.  In some ways, all we're doing is having a different kind of we-won-the-off-season moment.  The feeling is real, but it will be permanent only if this team seals the deal, and that is very far from a certainty. 

So, yeah, it feels great - it really does, but that's the fan in us that makes us feel that way.   Beane, McDermott, and the players aren't feeling it.  They're focusing on ten months of hard work to achieve a better result than they've had in the past two seasons.  As far as they're concerned, they haven't won anything yet. 

I feel bad for guys like Beasley and Hughes and Addison, guys who gave everything they had to win a Super Bowl, guys who could see this team becoming a team that had a shot, and now their opportunity is gone.   

The Bills need to get it done.  I'm sure that's the feeling the in clubhouse, not the euphoria we feel watching highlights and conveniently ignoring the final scores.   

Edited by Shaw66

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.