Rumor: Bills want to move up in draft, may move a veteran or two to accomplish it

Logic

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

A cornerback depth chart of:

Dane Jackson

Joe Haden or Steven Nelson

Taron Johnson
Mid round draftee (Cam Taylor-Britt or Josh Williams type)

Cam Lewis

...until Tre White comes back...would not shock me.

Really hope they bring in either Nelson or Haden.  Bradberry would be even better.  Without Bradberry, I'd go with one of those two and still invest a 1st or 2nd in CB.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I really hope that the Bills do NOT trade their first round pick in 2023. This draft sucks. It is the worst that I have seen in many years. I cannot imagine the 2023 draft not being better than this one. 

Trading away picks from 2023 would be a move that would be reminiscent to the Whaley type of lack of discipline and sheer incompetence.

I'm hoping that we are finally above this.

Why not? It’s basically a 2nd rd pick seeing that the Bills will be picking in the late 20/30s. The Bills are on the verge of winning a SB and if they need to flip the pick then cool. It’s not like they need a QB!! There aren’t any game changing pass rushers either. I want the Bills to go for it if they think they need to 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Although this draft at a surface level lacks a ton of high end elite talent, it is very deep due to the extra Covid year players got. Bills could get multiple starters if they play their cards right out of this draft. The OL class in particular is one I’ve been looking into extensively and it is very deep with players who project as solid starters at minimum. 

2 hours ago, Special K said:

If they do trade Edmunds to move up, it might actually be for his replacement.

IMO, that would be Devin Lloyd LB Utah.

A beast of a LB, and definitely a McBeane type of player.

I watched his highlights the other day and was really impressed. He Is going to be a star. Can’t believe more people aren’t talking about him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this rumor is nothing but smoke. This draft is weak by most experts. There are no benifide super star stud coming out of this draft. Sure there could be a few that turn into something special. Which ones is anyone's guess. This draft class doesn't fit the bill for the Bills to move up. The WR class is pretty deep so moving up for one seems to be premature. I'm sure the Bills can get a WR without moving up that may be even better than the previous drafted wide out. Look at Sammy Watson for an example. In short, I just don't see the Bills moving up in the first round. 

This, I can’t think of who might be the one player at a position of need who is so clearly the best available option that for sure won’t be there at 25 and for sure will be there in the range Buffalo can get to at the draft - and only the draft - between now and September that Beane would open other roster holes or neglect addressing others.

• Agree 1

This fella on Twitter that some seem to think has Bills connections (I have no idea if he does or not, but some swear by him) has this to say:

A reference to the Tweet by Zig Fracassi, I assume.

and…

Maybe the Bills just don’t want to pay Edmunds the type of money he’s gonna be looking for. Can’t re-sign EVERYBODY, and getting cheap off-ball linebacker labor to replace Edmunds (whether he’s traded or we just let his contract expire) seems pretty Beane-y.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

This fella on Twitter that some seem to think has Bills connections (I have no idea if he does or not, but some swear by him) has this to say:

A reference to the Tweet by Zig Fracassi, I assume.

and…

Maybe the Bills just don’t want to pay Edmunds the type of money he’s gonna be looking for. Can’t re-sign EVERYBODY, and getting cheap off-ball linebacker labor to replace Edmunds (whether he’s traded or we just let his contract expire) seems pretty Beane-y.

I think he ends up a Billl.   Possibly 3rd Round

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Is Hamilton really better than Dax Hill, who will probably be available at 25?

Yes, Hamilton is better and it’s not even close. Hill running faster doesn’t change the fact that Hamilton has arguably the best film of any safety in the past decade. I like Hill a lot though so this isn’t meant as a slight towards him.

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

I watched his highlights the other day and was really impressed. He Is going to be a star. Can’t believe more people aren’t talking about him. 

Two reasons people not talking about him:

1) Plays a devalued position as an off-ball LB

2) Is considered at top 30-40 talent.

He's not a logical fit for Buffalo.

A first team All Pro LB just signed for $10M per year coming off a 170 tackle season..........it's unwise to invest picks that are for players at positions that would command $20M+ aav deals in UFA if they panned out into devalued positions like LB.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.