Rumor: Bills want to move up in draft, may move a veteran or two to accomplish it

Logic

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I agree he might make a move or two, particularly using 6ths or 7ths to move up, something he does very often.

But you don't need 8 rookies to make the team. Making the practice squad can be just as useful. Might we lose a guy that way? Sure, it's possible. Also very possible we would not.

True and I'm sure it's being discussed at OBD.  The downside is a 6th rounded when cut gets his rookie contract signing bonus.

Bills first 6th rounder is $218K.  Not a lot but then like you said he may also get "poached".

I for one am interested in how Beane uses the Day #3 picks this year with the roster as well filled out as it already is.

26 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I agree he might make a move or two, particularly using 6ths or 7ths to move up, something he does very often.

But you don't need 8 rookies to make the team. Making the practice squad can be just as useful. Might we lose a guy that way? Sure, it's possible. Also very possible we would not.

No, your right. But as a fan,  its a lot funner to dream. At the end of the day no one knows what will happen, but anything is possible.

28 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

True and I'm sure it's being discussed at OBD.  The downside is a 6th rounded when cut gets his rookie contract signing bonus.

Bills first 6th rounder is $218K.  Not a lot but then like you said he may also get "poached".

I for one am interested in how Beane uses the Day #3 picks this year with the roster as well filled out as it already is.

Is $218K the signing bonus or the full salary of a 6th rounder?

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Off the wall thought…not going to happen …just for fun.  Diggs to Giants for Bradberry plus swap of 1sts… who says no… Bills or Giants?  Do the Giants add and if so how much? 

That would be a "Magnum NO" from the Bills.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

There's the impression that the Giants want to acquire a 1st in 2023.   Since they want to ammo up for a QB next year if necessary.  I dont think they'd be happy to acquire our 2023 first, since it should project to being fairly low, which wouldnt be much of a move-up chip for NYG.

Considering that we are pretty much in "Superbowl or bust" mode, we simply cannot afford to trade away Diggs at any price as we don't have enough talent behind him at WR.

A top WR prospect may not necessarily turn out to be as good, or it may take time to reach the same level of production.

Wanna trade up? See if someone is crazy enough to give you a first rounder for Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Beane wants to assure our pass rush is an absolute nightmare…moving up to NYG at 5 or 7 for Thibodeaux would do that.  

Stingley and Sauce also appeal to me

Moving up into 14-19 range for Jameson Williams I’d also like

Before you just mentioned it, I hadn't even allowed myself the opportunity to envision Thibodeaux coming to the Bills, as I figured he'd be a top 5 pick.  But good God, talk about a pass rush...Miller, Rousseau, Thibodeaux, Oliver...someone said it in a different thread, we could be the first D line to actually kill a quarterback....

5 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Before you just mentioned it, I hadn't even allowed myself the opportunity to envision Thibodeaux coming to the Bills, as I figured he'd be a top 5 pick.  But good God, talk about a pass rush...Miller, Rousseau, Thibodeaux, Oliver...someone said it in a different thread, we could be the first D line to actually kill a quarterback....

...without a flag.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Off the wall thought…not going to happen …just for fun.  Diggs to Giants for Bradberry plus swap of 1sts… who says no… Bills or Giants?  Do the Giants add and if so how much? 

I think Giants say no, because they are trying to get rid of salary- so Bradbury and Diggs are a wash with regards to that... Plus, I’m not sure the difference in talent equates to a jump from 25 to 7....But still an interesting thought, none the less...

Edited by JaCrispy

I think Cody Ford is one name who is very possible in terms of being shopped. He's buried on the depth chart, and other teams may see him as a player who could benefit from a change of scenery. While all it takes is one team to want him, I doubt his value is very high and I think he will get cut.

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I don’t know if this has already been posted but I found it to be a fair assessment.

https://buffalowdown.com/2022/04/03/3-veterans-buffalo-bills-trade-2022-nfl-draft/amp/4/

If two were to go I wouldn’t be upset if it were Edmunds and Ford. 

As much hate as Edmunds gets if he was traded that would leave a big hole in the middle of the defense that they would just have to address using a draft pick on a roster that is set up for a super bowl run. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

As much hate as Edmunds gets if he was traded that would leave a big hole in the middle of the defense that they would just have to address using a draft pick on a roster that is set up for a super bowl run. 

We'd likely find out very quickly if the Edmunds criticism was warranted. My guess, from the small sample size of games and snaps withOUT Edmunds in the lineup, is that we wouldn't miss him as much as we'd benefit from NOT paying him upper-echelon money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I was listening to Sirius XM NFL radio this weekend and Zig Fracassi one of the hosts of this particular show seemed pretty certain that the Bills were going to try to trade up to get a player.  He stated that his source hasn't let him down before.   When the other co host pressed him on who it could be, he implied that it could even come from a position that is not viewed as a need such as a LB.

Just thought that I'd share.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.