Rumor: Bills want to move up in draft, may move a veteran or two to accomplish it

Logic

I would still rather trade a pick or picks for an established player

The Rams method.

If only there was a team still in cap trouble, with a starting caliber CB and a relationship with the Bills FO.

Edited by RocCityRoller

29 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If Bills could ship Diggs, to where they could get Williams, and a first next year.... is that something we consider? Seriously asking. I dont think it's a hard no... but interesting 

Seriously?? We're on the verge of a SB victory and you want to trade an All Pro WR for an unknown WR on a patched up wheel + a 1st next year? It is a hard NO, just ask Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Seriously?? We're on the verge of a SB victory and you want to trade an All Pro WR for an unknown WR on a patched up wheel + a 1st next year? It is a hard NO, just ask Josh Allen

I don't want to trade Diggs at all but I think these are realities we have to start considering. 2 weeks ago I couldn't see a scenario where Diggs doesn't retire here.... thanks to MIA JAX LVR, there's a chance we might not be able to re-sign him. If Diggs wants top 3 money... what do we do? Ugly thought to consider

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Zero chance

I agree with "zero chance" as it pertains to trading up for a safety.

Of all the things the Bills could do with their draft capital this year, trading a bunch of it and/or veteran players away in order to move up for a player at a position where our two current starters were 1st and 2nd team All-Pros last season (and are respected leaders) has to rank dead last in likelihood. And that's not to even MENTION the lack of comparative value of the safety position in the 1st round of the draft.

Now moving up to get a cost-controlled 5 year deal on an elite corner? THAT makes sense. THAT's a position where we have a huge hole, where selecting one high in the 1st round makes sense, and where cheap labor for five years would pay big dividends.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Logic said:

I agree with "zero chance" as it pertains to trading up for a safety.

Of all the things the Bills could do with their draft capital this year, trading a bunch of it and/or veteran players away in order to move up for a player at a position where our two current starters were 1st and 2nd team All-Pros last season (and are respected leaders) has to rank dead last in likelihood.

Trading up for a QB in round 1?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.