Rumor: Bills want to move up in draft, may move a veteran or two to accomplish it

Logic

Diggs would be a blockbuster trade, not a “move a veteran to move up in the draft”. 

Moss might have 5th round pick value, at the most.  

Edmunds & Singletary are the only ones with “move up” value that make any sense to me. 

Our Safeties & Milano being the wild cards.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Rumor is the Giants want to move back. I don’t think we get all the way up to 7… but maybe they decide to move back twice to try an accumulated ammo for a QB in 2023. 

Say 7 to 15 and then 15 to 25? 

Completely spitballing. 

Yeah I’ve heard the Giants want to turn one of their 1sts into a 2023 1st.

I wonder if the Bills would trade #25 and next year’s first for Sauce Gardner or Derek Stingley. They certainly seem to be in an aggressive “win now” mindset, and while it would suck to give up next year’s 1st, corner IS a high value position, and a White/Stingley or White/Gardner pairing could take this defense to the next level.

The presence of close Beane buddy Joe Schoen in the top ten — twice, no less — and wanting to trade down is certainly interesting…

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I don't typically participate in rumor threads but I will say that Zig Fracassi is not a guy I've seen tweeting out baseless crap.  That said, it's not as if he actually predicted anything.  I think GMs are talking to each other a lot during the month leading up to the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Seems like a really bad draft to move up in the first round…

Not if you are looking for a stud DB who could be even better than Tre White, but other than that I would tend to agree the Bills should (and ultimately probably will) stay put.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Seems like a really bad draft to move up in the first round…

Agreed, but if there’s a guy we love, it should also be one of the cheaper drafts to move up in.  No big time QB, no consensus #1 WR etc. 

• Agree 1

Just now, eball said:

I don't typically participate in rumor threads but I will say that Zig Fracassi is not a guy I've seen tweeting out baseless crap.  That said, it's not as if he actually predicted anything.  I think GMs are talking to each other a lot during the month leading up to the draft.

I;m not putting much stock in the rumor, but it makes for good offseason discussion. :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

With all of the defensive lineman brought in, I wonder if boogie basham or aj epenesa have enough value to move up in the draft. 

We don’t think of them as “veterans” but they are not rookies. Both are recent second round picks. 

Moving one of them with the teams first round pick to move up some spots would feel an awful lot like that Cordy Glenn trade.Moving one of them with the teams first round pick to move up some spots would feel an awful lot like that cordy glenn trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.