Rumor: Bills want to move up in draft, may move a veteran or two to accomplish it

Logic

The two key questions here:

Who would the Bills be moving up for?

What veterans have trade value?

The logical answers to the first question would seem to be a corner or WR. Maybe they really like Derek Stingley or Jameson Williams.

The only answers I could come up with to the second question are Tremaine Edmunds and Zack Moss. 

Interesting report. I can’t see them moving up TOO high, as it would cost a ton to get from 25th into the top 10. Maybe they just want to get inside the top 20 to ensure they get one of these WRs or CBS before the talent level drops off.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Doesn't shock me, we're in no-man's land... Us meeting with Kyle Hamilton is really interesting in this regard...

Hamilton is awesome, but it would be a bizarre “spinning our wheels” move to trade up for a safety. I also don’t think it would play well in the locker room to move on from Po or Hyde, not to mention both guys are coming off career years.

I get planning for the future, but it would be downright weird and illogical of me to move up for a safety.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The logical answers to the first question would seem to be a corner or WR. Maybe they really like Derek Stingley or Jameson Williams.

The only answers I could come up with to the second question are Tremaine Edmunds and Zack Moss. 

Interesting report. I can’t see them moving up TOO high, as it would cost a ton to get from 25th into the top 10. Maybe they just want to get inside the top 20 to ensure they get one of these WRs or CBS before the talent level drops off.

Moss was the name that came to mind for me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Zach Moss may be a decent answer from the Bills' perspective, but I don't know that his value is going to move the needle much with another team.

In this scenario, I could see Jameson Williams being the target. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

Hamilton is awesome, but it would be a bizarre “spinning our wheels” move to trade up for a safety. I also don’t think it would play well in the locker room to move on from Po or Hyde, not to mention both guys are coming off career years.

I get planning for the future, but it would be downright weird and illogical of me to move up for a safety.

I don't think you'd trade either. I'd see him as a 3rd safety/hybrid LB and move Taron Johnson out to the edge -- he showed he can hold his own out there. Just spitballing, but if he really is sliding he'd be an awesome piece to add to this defense.

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

A top corner and an LB

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Zig is good. I’m not saying this is a lead pipe lock, but it’s also not nothing.

Don’t be surprised if it happens. And for the love of God, let’s not turn this into a Tremaine Edmunds thread!

Rumor is the Giants want to move back. I don’t think we get all the way up to 7… but maybe they decide to move back twice to try an accumulated ammo for a QB in 2023. 

Say 7 to 15 and then 15 to 25? 

Completely spitballing. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

All signs would point to DB because can't see them moving up for oline or WR.

Also Edmunds is the only guy worth anything in a trade to move up and still makes sense in a separate individual trade scenario. Throwing in useless roster space like Moss or Ford wouldn't move the needle considering we'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rounder for either of them right now straight up.

Either way this is an interesting rumor to monitor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I don't think you'd trade either. I'd see him as a 3rd safety/hybrid LB and move Taron Johnson out to the edge -- he showed he can hold his own out there. Just spitballing, but if he really is sliding he'd be an awesome piece to add to this defense.

If Edmunds were moved out and Hamilton is the target in a trade up then Taron Johnson wouldn’t be affected. Hamilton would slide into Edmunds role in nickel package.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Rumor is the Giants want to move back. I don’t think we get all the way up to 7… but maybe they decide to move back twice to try an accumulated ammo for a QB in 2023. 

Say 7 to 15 and then 15 to 25? 

Completely spitballing. 

Yep. You win 🏆.

Bills move to the top of 15, Giants move back multiple times and up with 3-4 1st round picks in 2023.

bills move up twice. Top 15 then top 10.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.