Bills jersey number changes and new player jersey numbers thread

Logic

There are probably going to be a bunch of changes like this coming. When they changed the number rules, guys had to buy back unsold jerseys or something for the first year or two. I believe that it is now a free for all. 

Johnson wore 1 at Weber State...Sanders is gone so maybe Diggs took 1? 

Poyer wore 14 in college

I could see Tre going to 18. Hyde also wore 18 at Iowa. 

Maybe Milano going to 28, his BC number. 

Ed Oliver could take 10. 

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I saw that Taron Johnson has changed his jersey number (I hate it) and Jamison Crowder will wear # 80. I figured this could serve as the official jersey changes and new player jersey numbers thread.

I hate it too!  I know, ultimately it doesn't mean that much, but I really don't like the "anything goes" policy with the jerseys now.  It may just be an aesthetic thing, but growing up, learning the game, the jersey #'s have some kind of uniformity made it easier to understand what you were watching at times.  It isn't as big an issue if you are watching your team, but when you are just watching a random game, and you are not as familiar with the players, it can take a little longer to kind of diagnose what happened on a play. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Speaking of jerseys I wonder if the Bills will get around to retiring Andre's #83. I always thought of him as a part of the "core of 4" from those 90's teams as Bruce, Jim, Thurman, and Andre. If the Bills do decide to do this I hope its within the next 4 years. In the stadium where Andre had so many memorable moments.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tim Settle definitely looks like a #99.

Von Miller definitely doesn’t look like a 40.  He was a good 58 but of course that’s Milano.

I’ll have to get used to 7 for Taron.  

I'll have to get used to a Tight End wearing 8.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tim Settle definitely looks like a #99.

Von Miller definitely doesn’t look like a 40.  He was a good 58 but of course that’s Milano.

I’ll have to get used to 7 for Taron.  

Miller 40oz

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.