2022 WR List…who do you like?

Magnum Force

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that Dotson would be a fine pick, but he is probably only going to play out of the slot in the NFL with his smaller stature.  

He might, but I’m not so sure. Even if that’s true, it might not be a bad idea since crowder is on a one year deal and McKenzie is basically on a one year deal too. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I like Dotson too and apparently the Bills spent lots of time with him at the combine. Wouldn't surprise me if he's the guy at 25. I'd rather Treylon Burks there but Bills haven't had any contact with him, I think he'd be scary in the Bills offense.

Alec Pierce looks like he'll be a good value if they wait on WR.

Danny Gray also seems undervalued, love the speed and it shows up on tape unlike some of these other guys in the 4.3s.

I also like Mike Woods II very late but would rather they draft a guy earlier, hard to see a late round WR making this roster when guys like Hodgins can't make it.

Part of me wants them to take 2 wr's, one early and one late. Focus early on a guy who could eventually be a 1a/1b wr as Diggs rounds 30. And then take a flyer on a speed demon, possible with return skills. 

Velus Jones might be the best returner in the draft. And Tyquan Thornton just leaves people in a cloud of dust. I like Danny Gray in that group too. He reminds me a bit of a younger Manny Sands,  sans the big drops...

13 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

If Olave or Wilson or Williams are there in the 1st you take them (doubtful) if not, take BPA in rd 1 (hopefully a cb) and take Pickens or Austin in rd 2 (pickens prob won’t be there). I also really like Kyle Phillips (UCLA) as a 4th rd pick. He looks like a faster Cole Beasley to me

I don’t think so. Not enough production at North Dakota state, though they are the Bisons

Watson is on Jeremiah's top 50, I think in the top 25.  But he has issues with drops according to PFF.  We may be able to trade-up in Rd. 2 and grab him.  That's what I'd do.  BPA Rd. 1 (my pref from what looks available is Zion Williamson or Lindenblum, or one of the WA CBs), and then trade up for WR in Rd. 2 (unless one of the day-one stud WR falls to 25, I like Dotson)

Dotson is my fav in Rd. 1 of the ones that may be available.  

I'd pass on the Alabama guy due to only one year (albeit amazing) college production.  

Dotson catches the ball anywhere near him and has RAC ability.  Can play outside or inside.   Seems like the type of player we could move around for a mismatch.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

I really like the attached analysis. Seems Burks is the guy to grab if he is available. Burks accomplished a lot in the best conference with so/so quarterbacks. The comments on the other wrs are pretty good. 

Bucs Briefing: 2022 NFL Draft WR Rankings & Grades (pewterreport.com)

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-briefing-2022-nfl-draft-wr-rankings-grades/

Edited by Lofton80
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Part of me wants them to take 2 wr's, one early and one late. Focus early on a guy who could eventually be a 1a/1b wr as Diggs rounds 30. And then take a flyer on a speed demon, possible with return skills. 

Velus Jones might be the best returner in the draft. And Tyquan Thornton just leaves people in a cloud of dust. I like Danny Gray in that group too. He reminds me a bit of a younger Manny Sands,  sans the big drops...

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Velus Jones 4.31 6’ 204

I know nothing about this guy but if those are his measurables and speed I think he is worth a flyer. Guy is built solidly and instantly one of the fastest players in the league. But can he play?

Velus Jones is an interesting prospect, he'll be 25 in May so might be the oldest player that gets drafted. I'd love him as a return guy, we have to do something there and should be able to get him later in the draft (could drop because of his age is what I've heard).

• Like (+1) 1

If we go WR in the 1st or 2nd round, I fully expect us to put a big emphasis on speed 1st, and size second. I don't believe Beane will get a blazing small guy in the 1st. No one under 6ft in my opinion. 

That's why I'm thinking 

Watson

Pierce

Williams

Pickens

Williams is the least likely because of where he's projected to go, and his injury.

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

I really like the attached analysis. Seems Burks is the guy to grab if he is available. Burks accomplished a lot in the best conference with so/so quarterbacks. The comments on the other wrs are pretty good. 

Bucs Briefing: 2022 NFL Draft WR Rankings & Grades (pewterreport.com)

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-briefing-2022-nfl-draft-wr-rankings-grades/

That guy is a tough marker.  And his rounds seem out of touch.  If a WR is a good starter, that is not round 2 in my book - or in real life.  It may be hard to get any of his top 5 - Burks/Wilson/Olave/London/Williams at the Bills pick at 25.

I would feel great if the Bills were able to get any of those 5, and I also include G Pickens (though the author didn't like him as much).  For me the hard decisions come if those WRs are all off the board - which happened in the TSW mock draft.

9 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I want Burks but I have a feeling the Bills don’t.

There's other guys with more speed and agility that make you say "wow", but there's something about the combination of Burks' strength, hands, deceptive speed and highpoint ability that screams AJ Brown or Eric Moulds to me.  I feel like we haven't had a real big physical receiver in forever.  The guy just looks like a football player to me and he's the one I want if we go the receiver route in round 1.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

There's other guys with more speed and agility that make you say "wow", but there's something about the combination of Burks' strength, hands, deceptive speed and highpoint ability that screams AJ Brown or Eric Moulds to me.  I feel like we haven't had a real big physical receiver in forever.  The guy just looks like a football player to me and he's the one I want if we go the receiver route in round 1.

Except that Moulds was a big, fast, physical freak.

37 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

That guy is a tough marker.  And his rounds seem out of touch.  If a WR is a good starter, that is not round 2 in my book - or in real life.  It may be hard to get any of his top 5 - Burks/Wilson/Olave/London/Williams at the Bills pick at 25.

I would feel great if the Bills were able to get any of those 5, and I also include G Pickens (though the author didn't like him as much).  For me the hard decisions come if those WRs are all off the board - which happened in the TSW mock draft.

Diggs was, I believe, a 5th rounder and Cooper Kupp was 3rd round.  Lots of good starting WR have come beyond to me 1.  Doesn’t mean to stay away from ok WR in round 1, but very good receivers have been found after round round as well.

14 hours ago, Process said:

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a ton of WRs go by early second. Way too many teams need one. 

Yep.  Also with the WR market blowing up, teams will be reaching early to get starting WRs that will be on the roster with rookie contracts. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Diggs was, I believe, a 5th rounder and Cooper Kupp was 3rd round.  Lots of good starting WR have come beyond to me 1.  Doesn’t mean to stay away from ok WR in round 1, but very good receivers have been found after round round as well.

Of course, there are good players taken at any round.  But the earlier you take a player/position, the better the odds are the player will be good.

I'm hoping the Bills take a WR in round 1.  That a WR will be the BPA at a premium position of need.  And for that to happen it needs to be in the top tier of their board.  For me, the top tier are the top 6 that were taken in the TSW draft.  And that scenario is one that I don't like because all the top WRs seemed gone and then I wouldn't blame the FO for going with a CB, just like what happened in the TSW draft.

If things did happen like in the TSW draft where the top 6 WRs are gone and the BPA looks to be a CB, then there seems more pressure on round 2 for a WR.  Hoping a Watson/Dotson or Moore are available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.