2022 WR List…who do you like?

Magnum Force

58 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I really want Dotson. His hands are unbelievable. Runs good routes. Has good speed. He honestly reminds me of Diggs.

I like Dotson as well but he is pretty small. Michigan really beat him up in their game and he got thrown off his routes frequently. Though to his credit he still had a productive day as he is a tough son of a gun.

Probably will need to be schemed a free release at least at the beginning of his career so likely more of a slot guy. Though when he got free he is crafty, good routes and great hands. 

16 minutes ago, Process said:

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a ton of WRs go by early second. Way too many teams need one. 

I have a bad feeling that the Bills won’t take one until 4th round or later, if at all.

• Eyeroll 1

Good work putting this data together.  I think Williams would be a great pick.  Unfortunately, it may be more relevant to look at who will be available at pick 57.  The Bills really need a WR with the speed to stretch the field to create space for Diggs, Knox, and Davis.  There are some guys on your list that can fill that need and should be available when the Bills pick on day two.

• Like (+1) 2

Dotson really does make a lot of sense if we can sign a vet corner. Speed with tremendous hands.  Josh’s passes aren’t like the others. Gotta have guys with glue for mitts 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Huge fan of George Pickens, WR, Georgia

I think he will go earlier than he is projected.

I love players who dominate immediately upon entering college like Pickens.

He had an ACL tear and didn't return from injury until later in the season last year.

If it wasn't for the injury he would easily be in the first round. 

He is an elite WR, watch his tape, he looks like AJ Green.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I really want Dotson. His hands are unbelievable. Runs good routes. Has good speed. He honestly reminds me of Diggs.

I think that Dotson would be a fine pick, but he is probably only going to play out of the slot in the NFL with his smaller stature.  

I think too many of us are letting Tyreek Hill live rent free in our heads.  Maybe the fastest player we ever had, Marquise Goodwin, never panned out.  Seems like most smallish speed guys not having Mahomes and Reid on their side end up like Tavon Austin, over-drafted.  

There are some pretty fast guys with size out there but likely gone before 25. The best alternative is a big target, contested catch guy which is a type we currently do not have on the roster, unless Hodgins somehow rises from the depths of the practice squad.  

If Jameson Williams is there you sprint to the podium but after that, Burks, Watson, Pickens , London and Tolbert would be the guys I'm most interested in.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

The BOARD MODERATORS HAVE TOLD MANY POSTERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN that this is "worn out thread".  They've deleted them all.  Why not this one???  The draft is just too far away and who knows what free agency may bring???  Stick to the process mods!

I’d say the difference is that this thread is well thought out with some unique details on each WR prospect’s measurables.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Here’ are 15 Wide Receivers and I tried to put them in general categories.  You can decide how they would fit in to our current lineup.  I just generalized the categories so they aren’t totally accurate.

Average Size, Good Route Runners with good to great speed
Garrett Wilson 4.38 6’ 183
Chris Olave 4.39 6’ 187
Jahan Dotson 4.43 5’11” 178
Jalen Tolbert 4.49 6’1” 194
John Metchie 4.51 6’0” 191
Skyy Moore 4.41 5’10” 196

Bigger, more physical with so so speed
Drake London 4.53 6’4” 219
Traylon Burks 4.55 6’2” 225

Taller, Lankier with good to great speed
Jameson Williams 4.48 6’2” 179
Christian Watson 4.36 6’4” 208
George Pickens 4.47 6’3” 195 
Alex Pierce 4.41 6’3” 211

Great speed
Calvin Austin 4.34 5’7”” 173
Velus Jones 4.31 6’ 204
Danny Gray 4.33 6’ 186

Jameson Williams, a HEALTHY Jameson Williams is not a 4.48 40yd guy. I'd bet the house he's more 4.30-4.35. Watch the tape. He pretty much flies past anyone trying to cover him. Cornerback's, Safety's, double coverage, it doesn't matter. This is even though they know he's probably running a deep route. This is even though they start backing off and flipping their hips 2 seconds before the ball is snapped. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jameson Williams, a HEALTHY Jameson Williams is not a 4.48 40yd guy. I'd bet the house he's more 4.30-4.35. Watch the tape. He pretty much flies past anyone trying to cover him. Cornerback's, Safety's, double coverage, it doesn't matter. This is even though they know he's probably running a deep route. This is even though they start backing off and flipping their hips 2 seconds before the ball is snapped. 

I couldn’t find a time for him… some say low 4.4 range.. some say faster … How much… I don’t know… This is assumption for this year coming off injury.  But totally healthy I am guessing 4.35 to 4.39 range… just a guess

10 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

The BOARD MODERATORS HAVE TOLD MANY POSTERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN that this is "worn out thread".  They've deleted them all.  Why not this one???  The draft is just too far away and who knows what free agency may bring???  Stick to the process mods!

Well there is a reason why you are on your way to setting the record for most closed threads.

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

I think too many of us are letting Tyreek Hill live rent free in our heads.  Maybe the fastest player we ever had, Marquise Goodwin, never panned out.  Seems like most smallish speed guys not having Mahomes and Reid on their side end up like Tavon Austin, over-drafted.  

There are some pretty fast guys with size out there but likely gone before 25. The best alternative is a big target, contested catch guy which is a type we currently do not have on the roster, unless Hodgins somehow rises from the depths of the practice squad.  

If Jameson Williams is there you sprint to the podium but after that, Burks, Watson, Pickens , London and Tolbert would be the guys I'm most interested in.

Lets not forget John Ross. Always draft the best football player, not the track star. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.