2022 WR List…who do you like?

Magnum Force

Here’ are 15 Wide Receivers and I tried to put them in general categories.  You can decide how they would fit in to our current lineup.  I just generalized the categories so they aren’t totally accurate.

Average Size, Good Route Runners with good to great speed
Garrett Wilson 4.38 6’ 183
Chris Olave 4.39 6’ 187
Jahan Dotson 4.43 5’11” 178
Jalen Tolbert 4.49 6’1” 194
John Metchie 4.51 6’0” 191
Skyy Moore 4.41 5’10” 196

Bigger, more physical with so so speed
Drake London 4.53 6’4” 219
Traylon Burks 4.55 6’2” 225

Taller, Lankier with good to great speed
Jameson Williams 4.48 6’2” 179
Christian Watson 4.36 6’4” 208
George Pickens 4.47 6’3” 195 
Alex Pierce 4.41 6’3” 211

Great speed

Tyquan Thornton 4.28 6’2” 181
Calvin Austin 4.34 5’7”” 173
Velus Jones 4.31 6’ 204
Danny Gray 4.33 6’ 186

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

If Olave or Wilson or Williams are there in the 1st you take them (doubtful) if not, take BPA in rd 1 (hopefully a cb) and take Pickens or Austin in rd 2 (pickens prob won’t be there). I also really like Kyle Phillips (UCLA) as a 4th rd pick. He looks like a faster Cole Beasley to me

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Watson, please.  I think he’s going to shoot up teams’ boards and might not be available at 25…

I don’t think so. Not enough production at North Dakota state, though they are the Bisons

20 minutes ago, mannc said:

Watson, please.  I think he’s going to shoot up teams’ boards and might not be available at 25…

Watson has gone from a 5th round wr to early 2nd. I've even seen a few mocks with him late 1st.  Still I like Dotson and Williams the most if available. Phillips in the 4th would be a steal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Watson has gone from a 5th round wr to early 2nd. I've even seen a few mocks with him late 1st.  Still I like Dotson and Williams the most if available. Phillips in the 4th would be a steal.

I think there's going to be a major run on WRs in the bottom half of the first round...there are a lot of of good prospects and lots of teams that need WR, including NE, KC, GB, NO, etc.  I would not be shocked if 5 or 6 are already gone by the time the Bills pick.  The good news is there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus on who the top guys are so there's a decent chance that the guy the Bills like the most will still be there...  

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

Same reason teams passed on DK Metcalf.

Not really. His agility scores at the combine were terrible, and quite frankly odd given how well he tested otherwise. 

There was also the question of his ability to run the full route tree. 

Many of us around here were enamoured by his size speed combo and would have been happy to get him at 9, and were elated he was available in the 2nd. Then we traded up for Cody Ford. Ugh. 

36 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You forgot the fastest wr in the draft. At 6' 2" 181lbs he ran a 4.28 40 at the combine (faster than Tyreek Hill).

John Ross, Jerome Mathis, Marquise Goodwin, Tyrone Calicone, JJ Nelson, and Jacoby Ford also ran 4.28 or quicker. Not exactly a stellar list.

If you slapped a USC jersey on Khalil Shakir, people would call him Robert Woods.

Pierce was held back by Ridder all year and was getting wide open vs Alabama without getting the ball. Christian Watson is a first round pick this year, would love him on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think there's going to be a major run on WRs in the bottom half of the first round...there are a lot of of good prospects and lots of teams that need WR, including NE, KC, GB, NO, etc.  I would not be shocked if 5 or 6 are already gone by the time the Bills pick.  The good news is there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus on who the top guys are so there's a decent chance that the guy the Bills like the most will still be there...  

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a ton of WRs go by early second. Way too many teams need one. 

57 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I really want Dotson. His hands are unbelievable. Runs good routes. Has good speed. He honestly reminds me of Diggs.

I like Dotson too and apparently the Bills spent lots of time with him at the combine. Wouldn't surprise me if he's the guy at 25. I'd rather Treylon Burks there but Bills haven't had any contact with him, I think he'd be scary in the Bills offense.

Alec Pierce looks like he'll be a good value if they wait on WR.

Danny Gray also seems undervalued, love the speed and it shows up on tape unlike some of these other guys in the 4.3s.

I also like Mike Woods II very late but would rather they draft a guy earlier, hard to see a late round WR making this roster when guys like Hodgins can't make it.

Edited by CapeBreton
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.