Afc wildcard vs Patriots on nfl network right now

Steptide

Great game, I had to re-watch the highlights, a real joy.

Two questions on the long punt return by Hyde.  !) did he field that because the ball glance off of Siran Neal's leg, I tried sopping it but coudnt tell.  It would have likely  gone in the end zone and we had a big lead at that point.  2) Great return and he is tripped up by a Bill, did I see that corect.  What Bill was that and Hyde looked miffed, think he was headed for the endzone?

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Great game, I had to re-watch the highlights, a real joy.

Two questions on the long punt return by Hyde.  !) did he field that because the ball glance off of Siran Neal's leg, I tried sopping it but coudnt tell.  It would have likely  gone in the end zone and we had a big lead at that point.  2) Great return and he is tripped up by a Bill, did I see that corect.  What Bill was that and Hyde looked miffed, think he was headed for the endzone?

I think the ball did hit Neal's foot.  It certainly looked like it to me.  I think it may have been Dodson that tripped him up.

Anyone who knows for certain, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I never enjoyed a game as much as this one.

From the 1st drive on. It had none of the periodic nailbiting of most other games - you knew from Hyde's pick that it was over.  And there was literally nothing that the greatest coach ever could come up with to slow us down.

It didn't exorcise 20 years' worth of demons.  But it came close.

• Like (+1) 1

This was the moment where we got over our Patriots hurdle once and for all.

Ironically, it may have been the early Pats games that helped Allen grow the most. Solving those Belichick defensive puzzles pushed Josh to new heights.

Edited by Logic

Got me looking at a highlight video of that game, and I think it might have gotten missed because of all the other awesome things happening in that game, but the shot of the Micah Hyde almost TD return was incredible.

It's at 7:33

The camera follows him perfectly and gets there just in time for several great blocks that helped clear the way.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:43 PM, Steptide said:

If anyone wants to relive the magic... 

just watched the entire game and it was still glorious 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Got me looking at a highlight video of that game, and I think it might have gotten missed because of all the other awesome things happening in that game, but the shot of the Micah Hyde almost TD return was incredible.

It's at 7:33

The camera follows him perfectly and gets there just in time for several great blocks that helped clear the way.

Agree if he doesn’t trip over his own blocker he’s gone for TD !! 

On 3/31/2022 at 12:30 PM, jkeerie said:

I think the ball did hit Neal's foot.  It certainly looked like it to me.  I think it may have been Dodson that tripped him up.

Anyone who knows for certain, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, it was #53, which I believe is Dodson. That said, I don't blame Dodson since he didn't really trip Hyde per se—Dodson was fully extended blocking a Patriot in front of Hyde, and Hyde just couldn't avoid him enough to get around/over him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.