Bruce Arians steps down - moves to Front Office

Big Blitz

I was never impressed with Arians but was always impressed with Bowles. Arians had vet QBs all through his HC career so he is no better than say Jon Gruden or Barry Switzer. This feels like a league engineered diversity hire but sometimes good things happen to good people for less than noble reasons

9 minutes ago, CSBill said:

How about "before" this season, again? 🙂

It's possible or maybe Brady cuts a deal with Miami if he's not thrilled with Bowles? Gronk has made no decisions? Who knows....if AB comes back you might as well have hard knocks film crew prepare for Tampa. 

Contrary to the belief of some, Bowles is a very good coach.  The JESTS were/are a dumpster fire of a front office and did little to provide a competitive roster for Bowles and his staff.  He was fired but the problem in New York was not related to coaching.  Bowles transformed the TB defense to be one of the best units in the league (even with a bunch of injuries in 2021).  Players like him and they will play hard for him.  Tampa should easily win their division this year.

13 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Contrary to the belief of some, Bowles is a very good coach.  The JESTS were/are a dumpster fire of a front office and did little to provide a competitive roster for Bowles and his staff.  He was fired but the problem in New York was not related to coaching.  Bowles transformed the TB defense to be one of the best units in the league (even with a bunch of injuries in 2021).  Players like him and they will play hard for him.  Tampa should easily win their division this year.

To date, I'd argue that Bowles is definitely an ELITE COORDINATOR. 

He's got another chance now to make it work as the head coach. As long as the QB is who it is, of course, I hope they fail spectacularly. 

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hot take.

Arians knows they're trading Brady and wants nothing to do with coaching Jimmy G or Tua.

Should be done by the draft.  

There's no way the Dolphins would pay Tyreek qb money if they knew Tua was throwing to him. Something is in the air. I smell a dil do......

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's no way the Dolphins would pay Tyreek qb money if they knew Tua was throwing to him. Something is in the air. I smell a *****.

I'm sure Goodell and the NFLPA will have something to say about this. 

sweep-sweep-under-rug.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.