Gabe Davis working

Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, AllenDaBomb said:

First time poster here! Anyone think Gabe Davis has hidden superstar potential? His footwork to stay in bounds is a thing of beauty!

Welcome! 🙂👍

He doesn't look that big on the field. The dude is jacked!

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Pffft.  That's my warmup.  But seriously,  can't wait to see what he has in store for this upcoming year

That was his cool down…

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Most NFL players are working out by now.  I’m hopeful for being the dedicated #2 this year.

When I was a kid they worked in the offseason, but it was as a trucker or at a loading dock. “Farm boy” strong! 

LOVE Gabe and what he has showed. I was shocked to see him out there on the first play as a rookie. Covid kind of kept him as a secret present under the Christmas tree. What a gift! 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Practice?  You talking about practice?

Lets talk about abilities 

Bills’ Gabriel Davis amongst best second-year WRs vs. man coverage

Competition might be good, but Davis has proved he can be relied, and in big moments.

His playoff effort against the Kansas City Chiefs, a record four touchdown catches, proved that–PFF’s statistic only further solidifies it.

I for sure think he proved he can be the number two to Diggs. It seemed like the Bills gave him that opportunity down the stretch and into the playoffs and he did it. 

Gabe has a huge season coming up. He has a big opportunity to make a name and earn that big payday, even if it ends up being a slight hometown discount 😉

2 hours ago, AllenDaBomb said:

First time poster here! Anyone think Gabe Davis has hidden superstar potential? His footwork to stay in bounds is a thing of beauty!

I cross my fingers that he does. He has Allen throwing to him, so he will have all the opportunity in the world. You are absolutely right about his sideline footwork. Can’t believe his level of awareness as a rookie, empirically in the Colts game. But he has always showed good sideline footwork. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

We could also take Jahan Dotson who's healthy and can play in the slot and return punts as a rookie and maybe develop as an eventual Crowder replacement in 2023and Diggs replacement in 2024.

Agree. I feel like with where we sit currently, whoever our first round pick is, they need to be someone who can come in and contribute day 1, even if that’s on special teams and depth at offense or defense. We are primed for a super bowl run and we need all hands on deck. 

10 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Agree. I feel like with where we sit currently, whoever our first round pick is, they need to be someone who can come in and contribute day 1, even if that’s on special teams and depth at offense or defense. We are primed for a super bowl run and we need all hands on deck. 

I prefer a CB since we are 4 deep at WR and arguably just 3 deep at CB with Taron Johnson regulated to slot CB and Tre' injury status in question.

22 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Dohtson wouldn’t be a huge contributor from day 1, he’d be the 4th wide receiver. Not the way a corner would contribute day 1, or even a stud OT/OG or a stud DT like Wyatt or Davis if they drop to the Bills. If you say the Bills are primed for a Super Bowl run shouldn’t they aim for an immediate contributor? 

Edited by Motor26
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Dohtson wouldn’t be a huge contributor from day 1, he’d be the 4th wide receiver. Not the way a corner would contribute day 1, or even a stud OT/OG or a stud DT like Wyatt or Davis if they drop to the Bills. If you say the Bills are primed for a Super Bowl run shouldn’t they aim for an immediate contributor? 

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. Most likely corner, but could be the positions you list or even rb like Hall. It’s going to come down to someone the Bills feel will make an impact day 1.

I was just being generous when I said special teams minimum, because you just never know with rookies and there has to be a floor expectation for a first round pick. 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

When I was a kid they worked in the offseason, but it was as a trucker or at a loading dock. “Farm boy” strong! 

LOVE Gabe and what he has showed. I was shocked to see him out there on the first play as a rookie. Covid kind of kept him as a secret present under the Christmas tree. What a gift! 

Dude you’re old.  Just kidding.  My dad used to say same thing about players in the 60’s and 70’s.  In the 80’s, I don’t think many players had side jobs unless they were fringe players.

I really am just kidding youngin.  I wouldn’t want to upset the Augster.

On 3/30/2022 at 8:30 PM, Limeaid said:

There was good discussion with expert on WRs on One Buffalo show.  Jameson Williams was discussed and due to type of tear (non-contract) he will likely be ready to play sooner.

I heard something about that.  I don't know if it was the same source.  I fully expect Williams to be available from the start of the season.  It may take him a while to build up some confidence however.  He may not have the benefit of getting much work in training camp.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.