Beasley had three broken ribs last season?

Jerry Jabber

26 minutes ago, KHAN said:

On the field: Warrior.

Off the field: Keyboard warrior....

The guy is gone because he's a nozzle.

The vax is a personal choice. I disagree with his choice, but I respect it.

What I do not respect is his knack for being a distraction. The twitter bombs and multiple fines for breaking the collectively agreed protocols. McD seems like a guy who is not fond of distractions.

Here's my hot Covid (vax) take.

Take it. Don't take it. But shut the **** up.

hey Khan tell me how u really feel buddy lol. Im not sure he is a nozzle he's a family man and all. He did cause distraction towards the team and the bolded I agree with 100%. IMO McDermott mentality and mantra is NOT in sync with discord that affects his teammates/team..namely HIS availability ...... Cole is a man of his convictions I'll give him that. I have no ill will towards the guy at all. Be well. NOT OUR PROBLEM anymore.

12 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

How so?    His YPC was down, but I can't think of any stretch of games where he was inneffective. 

Can't you? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeasCo00/gamelog/2021/

From week 1 to week 8, Beasley averaged 59 yards/game.  Week 8 was the Mia game where he got speared.

From week 9 to week 13, Beasley averaged 25.6 yards per game - less than half his yardage from the first half of the season.  Kinda implies either he couldn't get open downfield or couldn't get downfield fast enough.

When my friend cracked a rib falling on a rock, his orthopedist told him 4-6 weeks to heal.  That's for the bone to knit, not for everything to be back to normal and pain free.

You can't look at aggregate numbers from a season to see a pattern like that.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can't you? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeasCo00/gamelog/2021/

From week 1 to week 8, Beasley averaged 59 yards/game.  Week 8 was the Mia game where he got speared.

From week 9 to week 13, Beasley averaged 25.6 yards per game - less than half his yardage from the first half of the season.  Kinda implies either he couldn't get open downfield or couldn't get downfield fast enough.

When my friend cracked a rib falling on a rock, his orthopedist told him 4-6 weeks to heal.  That's for the bone to knit, not for everything to be back to normal and pain free.

You can't look at aggregate numbers from a season to see a pattern like that.

And how do we know what the game plans were in those weeks?    Like I said, opposing teams were adjusting to what the Bills were doing, and Daboll / Josh had to re-adjust from that.     

You can look at 2020 gamelogs and see equivalent stretchs where he was involved less.    And in others, more.     That's just the way it goes, based on the matchups and game situations.

28 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Hill, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, Lamb, Godwin, Schuster, etc. He had one season in his entire career that he belonged in the conversation, and last year sure as hell wasn't it.

Don't let that stop you though.

Er.....did you literally just respond to a post which asserted that Beasley was a top-10, maybe top-5, slot receiver in the league (not JAG) by naming 7 guys that you think are better - and then (so it appears to me) "claiming victory" with a "don't let that stop you though"?????

[Hapless looks at hands to confirm that 7 is less than 10.  SMH.]

And that's not even getting into a football discussion as to whether all those guys on your list are primarily slot receivers.

As for the 1 or 2 seasons in that conversation - Beasley has 6 professional seasons with >10 yards per target and a career catch % north of 70%.   He averaged 5 receptions a game and >50 ypg in his 3 years in Buffalo (52,66,43)

As a football player, when he's been targeted, he's produced.

It's highly disingenuous (and flying in the face of football facts) to imply he's a 1 year flash in the pan.

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

You can look at 2020 gamelogs and see equivalent stretchs where he was involved less.  

Actually, I can't. 

If something quacks, I'll call it a Duck.

But You do You.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Er.....did you literally just respond to a post which asserted that Beasley was a top-10, maybe top-5, slot receiver in the league (not JAG) by naming 7 guys that you think are better - and then (so it appears to me) "claiming victory" with a "don't let that stop you though"?????

[Hapless looks at hands to confirm that 7 is less than 10.  SMH.]

And that's not even getting into a football discussion as to whether all those guys on your list are primarily slot receivers.

As for the 1 or 2 seasons in that conversation - Beasley has 6 professional seasons with >10 yards per target and a career catch % north of 70%.   He averaged 5 receptions a game and >50 ypg in his 3 years in Buffalo (52,66,43)

As a football player, when he's been targeted, he's produced.

It's highly disingenuous (and flying in the face of football facts) to imply he's a 1 year flash in the pan.

Actually, I can't. 

If something quacks, I'll call it a Duck.

But You do You.

I really dislike our conversations. I listed 7 players that should be considered better than Beasley was at his very absolute best, and that's not enough. The deeper down the list I go, the more pedantic I expect your responses to become. For the record, I'd add Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry, and Adam Theilen as better out of the slot. And yes, the receivers I listed above have historically played mostly out of the slot. I'm not claiming Beasley is garbage - JAG is only a slight if you feel he's elite, and he's not that. There isn't any part of his game that's special.

He's is (or was) a solid player who's mouth outruns his legs. He has run of the mill 1rst down numbers, weak yardage totals, weak TD totals, awful YAC. He catches balls most of the time and goes down afterwards. He's a fine player, but he's not in the 150 best all time. He's never been to a pro bowl or been an AP1.

Edited by BullBuchanan

It more than other concerns, seems that Cole is getting a bit brittle as he is aging, broken leg two seasons ago, three cracked ribs this past season… he’s not getting younger and more flexible, Cole was a very important part of the offensive output while he was part of the team, but as is said, all things must pass…, 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I really dislike our conversations. I listed 7 players that should be considered better than Beasley was at his very absolute best, and that's not enough. The deeper down the list I go, the more pedantic I expect your responses to become. For the record, I'd add Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry, and Adam Theilen as better out of the slot. And yes, the receivers I listed above have historically played mostly out of the slot. I'm not claiming Beasley is garbage - JAG is only a slight if you feel he's elite, and he's not that. There isn't any part of his game that's special.

He's is (or was) a solid player who's mouth outruns his legs. He has run of the mill 1rst down numbers, weak yardage totals, weak TD totals, awful YAC. He catches balls most of the time and goes down afterwards. He's a fine player, but he's not in the 150 best all time. He's never been to a pro bowl or been an AP1.

If you remove Beasley's worst season and his best he averages 576 yards, 3.75tds and 32 First Downs. That first down total would rank him 54th in the league this year, and I shouldn't need to point out where his other stats would rank him. This is with him playing with Romo, Prescott, and Allen. H'es never had to play with poor QBs for extended periods

For fans that insist Bease production was starting to slip this would be a valid reason as to why.

But it's not all that shocking since he is such a small dude taking a beating amongst beasts out there. Same reason guys like Edelmen were constantly banged up and on the patriots injury report seemingly every week.

Still think we are going to miss him this year and hope Dorsey figures out a way to compensate for it.

3 hours ago, muppy said:

hey Khan tell me how u really feel buddy lol. Im not sure he is a nozzle he's a family man and all. He did cause distraction towards the team and the bolded I agree with 100%. IMO McDermott mentality and mantra is NOT in sync with discord that affects his teammates/team..namely HIS availability ...... Cole is a man of his convictions I'll give him that. I have no ill will towards the guy at all. Be well. NOT OUR PROBLEM anymore.

We need more problems like Cole Beasley. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

It more than other concerns, seems that Cole is getting a bit brittle as he is aging, broken leg two seasons ago, three cracked ribs this past season… he’s not getting younger and more flexible, Cole was a very important part of the offensive output while he was part of the team, but as is said, all things must pass…, 

dont forget…broken pride

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.