Beasley had three broken ribs last season?

Jerry Jabber

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Very close to the same number of targets in 2019, 2020, and 2021.  106, 107, 112.  For 778, 967, 693 yards

I'm confused by "didn't say 2019", thought it was your post about Beasley "declining since 2019"  I responded to asking: how, if he's been declining since 2019, he had his best year as a pro by almost any WR metric in 2020.

Beasley made strong contributions and was important to the team the last 3 years, and I agree that it was sadly, time for the team to move on.

😢 BG starting in 20.  Bottom line for me is I think Beane made the right choices of how to allocate his cap space.

Google is your friend 

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley was limited in practice for the second consecutive day on Tuesday with a rib injury. Beasley reportedly suffered the injury in the first week of November.

Here are the first full injury reports for the Buffalo Bills and New York jets ahead of their Week 10 meeting at MetLife Stadium:

Buffalo Bills (5-3)

Did not practice

WR Cole Beasley (ribs)

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I can't recall the game but I remember him taking a hard shot to the chest last year.  Wasn't the same the rest of the year.  Again, as someone else posted, it doesn't matter.  They needed to save money to fix the defense and it was time to move on from him.  Now if Davis was a bust, it would have been a different story perhaps. But with Davis looking like a very good WR (I know he does not play in the slot), Diggs being amazing, and playing more two TE sets, it made total sense to move on from Beasley.  I'm not even convinced McKenzie will fill his role.  My hunch is they will add another WR in the draft.  They need cheap talent on the offensive side of the ball.  

For 2022 I would still like to see Sanders back on a one year deal.  

Don't forget Crowder was added too!

And I am all for drafting a WR somewhere rounds 1-3

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Most likely his agent releasing stuff to gain more attention and some offers. He played his cards by not accepting a pay cut and found out there was no interest for a player on the wrong side of 30.  I would not be surprised to see him sign with the Pats so Bill can steal offensive information. He still can make plays at his age and I can only wish him well except when he plays against us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It really doesn’t matter.  He’s been declining since 2019, and wasn’t worth $.  He was hurt a good portion of 2020 and 2021.

He was worth it 2019, and I’m glad he was on our team, when we really needed it.

Disagree.  He had a tremendous 2020.  And still made some big plays last year at times.  Beasley has had a really good career.  Got the most out of his game.  Everyone isn't going to the Hall of Fame.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It really doesn’t matter.  He’s been declining since 2019, and wasn’t worth $.  He was hurt a good portion of 2020 and 2021.

He was worth it 2019, and I’m glad he was on our team, when we really needed it.

He had over 80 catches on was Josh’s pretty much goto guy on 3rd down Josh is a great qb bit don’t think he’s not going to miss Beas

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Beasley was declining since 2019, how come 2020 was his best year as a pro by like, IDK, every metric?

Beasley was still a very useful player, I believe he still would be on the team if he agreed to a pay cut.  He did a lot to help Josh Allen in his first few seasons,  I am not going to crap a guy who played with a broken leg against KC in that ACF title game.

• Like (+1) 3

Yes his rib injury was common knowledge.

It's likely why he was constantly turtling up short of the first down most of the season.

I think he clearly lost a step but he didn't lose so much that he would have fallen off from 11.8 yards per reception to a running-back-like 8.5 and his 1st downs decreased by 21 on almost the same amount of grabs.

56 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Beasley was still a very useful player, I believe he still would be on the team if he agreed to a pay cut.  He did a lot to help Josh Allen in his first few seasons,  I am not going to crap a guy who played with a broken leg against KC in that ACF title game.

From what Beane has said, it sounds as though Beasley (and/or his camp) approached HIM and said, "I'm not really comfortable here, are you open to seeking a trade to somewhere I could have a fresh start?"  Who knows what all is behind that, could be a lot of stuff in the community and in the locker room.

Now it's possible that the Bills would have asked him to take a pay cut to say if he still wanted to be here, but from what Beane said it didn't sound as though the conversation got that far. 

Of course, Beane is under no obligation to give us the "whole truth" either and I'm pretty sure he doesn't 😈

59 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes his rib injury was common knowledge.

It's likely why he was constantly turtling up short of the first down most of the season.

I think he clearly lost a step but he didn't lose so much that he would have fallen off from 11.8 yards per reception to a running-back-like 8.5 and his 1st downs decreased by 21 on almost the same amount of grabs.

I dunno.  We all saw the "turtling up" and can look upt the decrease in 1st downs, so I'm sure you're correct that the ribs had some effect.

OTOH, the big decrease for Beasley was in YBC - from 7.5 to 4.7 YBC/R while the YAC decreased also, but only from 4.3 to 3.7 YAC/R.  That accounts for a decrease from 11.8 to 9 y/reception.

So I think it's probable Something Else was going on.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Beasley was declining since 2019, how come 2020 was his best year as a pro by like, IDK, every metric?

I don't understand the hate that one of our star players got. We all know people who refused the jab and don't treat them like that.

Coles a stud. He will keep being one for a few years. Dude constantly helped us move the chains. Amd 2021  All 22 does not confirm him losing a step. Some kinda weird Daboll game plan. I really hope Dorsey is better and not so stubborn. Daboll had to gameplan like it's a who's the smartest contest.

We're loaded with talent. Defenses know what's coming alot more than we think and still can't stop certain players. Daboll refused to let players execute in favor of being cute

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I don't understand the hate that one of our star players got. We all know people who refused the jab and don't treat them like that.

Coles a stud. He will keep being one for a few years. Dude constantly helped us move the chains. Amd 2021  All 22 does not confirm him losing a step. Some kinda weird Daboll game plan. I really hope Dorsey is better and not so stubborn. Daboll had to gameplan like it's a who's the smartest contest.

We're loaded with talent. Defenses know what's coming alot more than we think and still can't stop certain players. Daboll refused to let players execute in favor of being cute

There were multiple threads at the time explaining just why Beasley became a focus of attention and drew "hate" but most other unvaccinated players - Gabe Davis, Spencer Brown, AJ Klein - did not. [Star Lotulelei is another 'special case'].  If you honestly "don't understand", perhaps you weren't paying attention at the time, or you confuse "I don't agree with that viewpoint" with "I don't understand that viewpoint".

Let's not reprise here and now, 'k?  Search function is your friend, or you can PM me and I'll give you a synopsis.

I'm not sure I agree with "all 22 does not confirm him losing a step" and putting it all on "some weird Daboll game plan" or "Daboll being stubborn".  I think it was pretty clear that Beasley was slower to run those longer intermediate routes and coverage would converge when he got there.  Were there changes that Daboll could have made earlier which would likely have helped, Sure. 

And I'm sure battling a rib injury interferes with more than diving for first downs.  So who knows how much that affected all aspects of his play the 2nd half of the season.

But you know what else?  Maybe Beasley should consider sitting for a week or two and letting his injuries heal without 200 lb linebackers smashing him into the turf. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He's an extremely toxic person. Toxic people tend to attract more adoration than they deserve and sometimes more criticism. In Cole's case, he got out on the winning side of it. He's been this way since Dallas.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From what Beane has said, it sounds as though Beasley (and/or his camp) approached HIM and said, "I'm not really comfortable here, are you open to seeking a trade to somewhere I could have a fresh start?"  Who knows what all is behind that, could be a lot of stuff in the community and in the locker room.

Now it's possible that the Bills would have asked him to take a pay cut to say if he still wanted to be here, but from what Beane said it didn't sound as though the conversation got that far. 

Of course, Beane is under no obligation to give us the "whole truth" either and I'm pretty sure he doesn't 😈

You can look at two players that were cut this offseason,  you have Star who seemed to always be missing when the team really needed him and you have Beasley who played with a broken leg. Beasley will be missed by both the team & fans while a player like Star not so much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.