Kraft upset at not winning a playoff game in 3 years **Updated** Kraft upset at poor drafts - Belichek/Kraft rift?

Jerry Jabber

Life without the GOAT.

So far, so good.  It will take a long time & a lot of Patriots losses before that team makes the kind of transition that the Cowboys made over the past 25 or so (from supreme hate, to dislike, to indifference & then even to some pity), but we're off to a good start, especially taking 4 out of 5 including a playoff beatdown for the ages.

I hope Kraft is looking up at the Bills it the standings for as long as Allen is our QB, and a good 10-year playoff drought for that team would be healing as well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Belichick is celebrated as the greatest coach ever by many. He is showing he is an average coach who benefited from a great QB. 

But again isn't this true with just about every NFL head coach? How many SB's has Tomlin been to every since Big Ben began steadily declining the last 5 years?

Where was Andy Reid before Mahomes? Do you think McDermott would have nearly the success he's had in Buffalo without Josh Allen?

Also still disagree about Belichik being just average considering he took a very poor roster with Cam Newton starting to 7-9 the first year post Brady, and then 10-7 last year with a rookie QB. But as for getting too/winning another SB anytime soon that window is likely slammed shut unless Mac Jones morphs into Brady this year.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

But again isn't this true with just about every NFL head coach? How many SB's has Tomlin been to every since Big Ben began steadily declining the last 5 years?

Where was Andy Reid before Mahomes? Do you think McDermott would have nearly the success he's had in Buffalo without Josh Allen?

Also still disagree about Belichik being just average considering he took a very poor roster with Cam Newton starting to 7-9 the first year post Brady, and then 10-7 last year with a rookie QB. But as for getting too/winning another SB anytime soon that window is likely slammed shut unless Mac Jones morphs into Brady this year.

Never gonna happen regarding Jones. 
McDermott getting the Bills to the playoffs in 2017 is way more impressive than Belichick spending the most money in FA last year and not being competitive once in the playoffs. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

I can see why Kraft is concerned. That all time defensive genius also happens to own the worst defensive performance in NFL history in his playoff loss to the Bills. That defensive genius watched his defense give up EVERY potential available yard in the game to the Bills offense (victory formation kneel downs excepted). Every. Available. Yard.

We’ve seen really bad defensive performances over the years, but that one will never be topped. Ever. 

Because it's literally not possible the best/worst a team could do is tie it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Never gonna happen regarding Jones. 
McDermott getting the Bills to the playoffs in 2017 is way more impressive than Belichick spending the most money in FA last year and not being competitive once in the playoffs. 

Ha ha..I would of love to give McDermott the Pats Cam Newton covid roster team and see what he could of done with that..

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

21 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Patriots 100% aren't making the playoffs this year.  I'd say they are the 10th best team...in the AFC.  So then what?  Does Belichick get fired?  Hate to see it 🙂

I doubt they do as well, and its mostly due to the losses on the defensive side of the ball.  

My playoff picks:

Divisions-

Buffalo

KC

Indy

Baltimore

Wildcard-

Tennessee

Chargers

Browns

Tennessee in because 4 games against trash afc opponents - and the NFC east.  Chargers because their offense was already strong, and the defense added some strong pieces.  Browns because assuming they didn't get so injured i think they were playoff bound last year. 

Denver i have missing because i don't trust the coach.  Same with Vegas.  Bengals went to the super bowl last year but i think baltimore healthy, and cleveland healthy (with new QB) are capable of surpassing them.  Tried not to base this off of - what happened in the playoffs and offseason but more on the entire body of work.  

12 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Denver i have missing because i don't trust the coach.  Same with Vegas.  Bengals went to the super bowl last year but i think baltimore healthy, and cleveland healthy (with new QB) are capable of surpassing them.  Tried not to base this off of - what happened in the playoffs and offseason but more on the entire body of work.  

Cleveland's new QB may not be available for part of year or entire year depending how NFL rules which does not always agree with civil authorities.

The reason why he agreed to play for Browns is because they agreed to be his toilet paper and cover his ass if NFL chooses to penalize him on way they set up contract.  Clearly they are prepared to play without him this year but I think they are misjudging impact on former starting QB's performance.

51 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Maybe next game against the Bills he could force a punt and do something even the Jets did

just wanted to note, none of this has anything to do with my original statement or even your first statement, but i will play along. Yup. I am very glad after 20 years the bills didn't have to punt against the Pats.

8 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ha ha..I would of love to give McDermott the Pats Cam Newton covid roster team and see what he could of done with that..

Look at the bills 2017 roster to see. Unless you think Tyrod taylor is that much better than cam. Cause I think O line and WR last year for the pats were better.  I would have to check how similar the defenses were but I think McDermott could have gotten quite a lot done. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Look at the bills 2017 roster to see. Unless you think Tyrod taylor is that much better than cam. Cause I think O line and WR last year for the pats were better.  I would have to check how similar the defenses were but I think McDermott could have gotten quite a lot done. 

He could have done better unless the owner insisted that McDermott had to work with GM post draft which owner of Bills did not.

McDermott did however had a better GM prior to draft than Cheats did in 2017.

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yup, OL, WR and running game were better for Cheaters, TE (Charles Clay) was better for Bills.

10 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

You mean like winning seven games…, oh so impressive, a sure sign of greatness, 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup, OL, WR and running game were better for Cheaters, TE (Charles Clay) was better for Bills.

We had shady that year so was gonna call it a tie if not in our favor.  However, looking back that 2017 defense was not as good as last years pats D

Edited by YattaOkasan

9 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

just wanted to note, none of this has anything to do with my original statement or even your first statement, but i will play along. Yup. I am very glad after 20 years the bills didn't have to punt against the Pats.

Living in the past gets worse every year.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

We had shady that year so was gonna call it a tie if not in our favor.  However, looking back that 2017 defense was not as good as last years pats D

They had a RBBC that gained over 1,600 yards and averaged over 4.8 YPC, not including Newton's rushing numbers (which actually brought down the average).

12 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

I put my money on the Jets having a better record then the cheatriots 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.