Kraft upset at not winning a playoff game in 3 years **Updated** Kraft upset at poor drafts - Belichek/Kraft rift?

Jerry Jabber

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

What about Belichick's 2 SB titles with the Giants? 

I, like many sports fans, sat there at the end of this year's NE/TB game wide eyed as Nick Folk's kick sailed wide of the upright and said almost in awe "so it was all Brady..."

Without Belichick, Brady wins 2-3 Super Bowls his entire career. Now every player in the league will take league minimum to play with Grandpa so he can have a Pro Bowl roster playing for peanuts, but that doesn't happen without all the NE success. 

Belichick was the Giants defensive coordinator, Parcells was the head coach.

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

Belichick was the Giants defensive coordinator, Parcells was the head coach.

So they don't count? 

3 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

you're saying like 2-3 super bowls is a bad thing. That would still put you in GOAT convos. I hope Josh gets that many. 

Really?

Peyton went to 4, won 2 with 2 different teams and it's "yeah but he couldn't win big games" 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

So they don't count? 

Really?

Peyton went to 4, won 2 with 2 different teams and it's "yeah but he couldn't win big games" 

What are you talking about, Peyton is in the GOAT conversation. 3 super bowls is absolutely hard to get. Ask Rodgers

Edited by MafiaMio

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Just listen to a series of Bellicheat press conferences …. That will put you to sleep…

I have been known to do this…. Roll a doobie. Lay in bed. Fall asleep to the smooth monotonous apathy of Belichick. “Yeah. He’s a good player. No. We didn’t. 96 played a good game. Yeah, he’s hard to defend. We game planned for that.” 

He just isn’t good at evaluating talent. Never has been. He got lucky with Brady in more ways than just Brady’s talent. Brady buying into Belichick’s “my way or the highway” mentality is what made the other players fall in line. Brady’s talent and leadership are what won all those rings. Not Bill. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He just isn’t good at evaluating talent. Never has been. He got lucky with Brady in more ways than just Brady’s talent. Brady buying into Belichick’s “my way or the highway mentality” is what made the other players fall in line. Brady’s talent and leadership are what won all those rings. Not Bill. 

And also Brady taking a hometown discount so the Patriots could sign other players. Rodgers and other QB’s would never do that to win more championships.

• Agree 1

Belichick's defenses won 3-4 Super Bowls between the Giants and Patriots, if not more. 

So I would pump the brakes on "it was all Brady"  or even mostly Brady. 

The first couple NE SB wins were mostly defense, as was the last Rams/Ne SB that was unwatchably awful.

3-0 going into the 4th quarter. That was all Brady too I guess? The first pass he threw in that SB was intercepted and he did practically nothing the entire game.

Meanwhile, over-rated Bill pitched a near shutout of the Rams high flying offense. But again, all Brady!

Brady has as many rings as he does BECAUSE he had a coach that treated him like any other player and forced him to toe the line and buy in.

Edited by TheFunPolice

What did he expect? Bellichick is a great coach. He has proven himself. Of course it's going to be a lot harder without Brady. BB is now having to deal with QB issues like so many other great coaches who got fired basically for not having one. The fact that he was able to get back to the playoffs so soon when he had such a weak roster is a testament to his skill IMO. I will never take the Pats lightly while he is running that franchise.

13 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Patriots came close to the #1 seed in the AFC this season with Mac freaking Jones at QB.

We're the better team, but they are not a joke. 

Pats caught a lot of breaks with that 7 win streak.

Look, Belichick is good enough to win you regular season games but without a good roster and in today's game, an elite qb, he ain't pushing the Pats through the playoffs. The league has changed. The 2010s dynasty was because he had that elite qb to help him out. Pats are in limbo unless he goes on a deep playoff run without that elite qb.

Edited by MafiaMio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.