Kraft upset at not winning a playoff game in 3 years **Updated** Kraft upset at poor drafts - Belichek/Kraft rift?

Jerry Jabber

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If he wants to get rid of his coach. I would welcome him here in a NY minute. Bill coaching this Bills team would be a guaranteed Super Bowl championship assuming injuries don't play a part.

As long as Belichek is not the GM as he’s done a bad job of drafting for years now.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

As long as Belichek is not the GM as he’s done a bad job of drafting for years now.

Beane stays as the GM with Bill as the HC would be a dream scenario. I know it won't happen but if Kraft decides a change is needed then I would love to bring Bill here. I know one thing is for sure and that is 13 seconds would never happen.

Edited by Greg S
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

They are gonna have a hard time making the playoffs this year. I always felt they would miss them in 2020 and make them in 2021. They are gonna have a hard time this season and the team is too good to tank. 

Really? To me they look like the ideal candidate.

“Get used to disappoint”

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If he wants to get rid of his coach. I would welcome him here in a NY minute. Bill coaching this Bills team would be a guaranteed Super Bowl championship assuming injuries don't play a part.

We keep taking about Belichick without Brady. How about Belichick without Ernie Adams, his behind-the-scenes tactician?  Either way, it's a big NO from me on the Billster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Really? To me they look like the ideal candidate.

I should re-phrase... that team with Bill coaching them is too good to tank. Put a bad coach in charge and they could be a 3 or 4 win team. With Bill they will win 7 games again I reckon. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I should re-phrase... that team with Bill coaching them is too good to tank. Put a bad coach in charge and they could be a 3 or 4 win team. With Bill they will win 7 games again I reckon. 

Methinks you overvalue the old curmudgeon. Much of his success was due to others and some dubious tactics.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We keep taking about Belichick without Brady. How about Belichick without Ernie Adams, his behind-the-scenes tactician?  Either way, it's a big NO from me on the Billster.

With this team Bill would win it all. I have no doubt. You can tell in the postgame handshakes that he really respects Allen. I know he has been the enemy for a long time but if Kraft ever got rid of him ( I doubt this happens) I would hope the Bills would be all over this. McDermott has been a good coach but those 13 seconds soured me on him. I think his seat will get warm if the Bills at least don't make the Super Bowl this year. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough now. It wasn't good enough last year either TBH>.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

With this team Bill would win it all. I have no doubt. You can tell in the postgame handshakes that he really respects Allen. I know he has been the enemy for a long time but if Kraft ever got rid of him ( I doubt this happens) I would hope the Bills would be all over this. McDermott has been a good coach but those 13 seconds soured me on him. I think his seat will get warm if the Bills at least don't make the Super Bowl this year. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough now. It wasn't good enough last year either TBH>.

While the 13 seconds was definitely on McDermott, the Bills slightly underachieving last year was more on Beane IMO. His decisions to run it back on the oline and bring in a garbage punter because he could hold for FGs were major mistakes that cost us wins. 

As for McDermott he is here at minimum another 3 years. Absolute minimum. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While the 13 seconds was definitely on McDermott, the Bills slightly underachieving last year was more on Beane IMO. His decisions to run it back on the oline and bring in a garbage punter because he could hold for FGs were major mistakes that cost us wins. 

As for McDermott he is here at minimum another 3 years. Absolute minimum. 

He is a good coach so if he was here 3 years minimum I wouldn't be surprised but at some point the Bills have to win. You don't go out and get Von Miller because you want to make the playoffs. The bar is Super Bowl or bust. Again I wouldn't be surprised if you are right but I can also see his seat getting warm if they don't make the Super Bowl. You know the expectations from the media (both local and national) as well as the fans in WNY will be intense. The pressure is on him now to win a Super Bowl. There can't be anymore "F" ups like 13 seconds either.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

He is a good coach so if he was here 3 years minimum I wouldn't be surprised but at some point the Bills have to win. You don't go out and get Von Miller because you want to make the playoffs. The bar is Super Bowl or bust. Again I wouldn't be surprised if you are right but I can also see his seat getting warm if they don't make the Super Bowl. You know the expectations from the media (both local and national) as well as the fans in WNY will be intense. The pressure is on him now to win a Super Bowl. There can't be anymore "F" ups like 13 seconds either.

I agree with you but I think the Pegulas are utterly committed to this regime. It is the only regime they have got right in multiple tries across two franchises. I gotta think they are not going to fire them while they are still in the mix for a Championship every year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.