Wordle....What are your starting words??

Special K

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ouija

Fetch

Doesn't work here:

https://wordle-play.com/

I know, insane, right?  

Audio is a word. I’ve even heard it said before.

Our 8 year old grandson spends most Sundays with us and he played this a lot. I’ve resisted him getting me hooked so far, barely helping. I’m embarrassed by my current level on Wordscapes and don’t need another obsession…..but you sucked me in! I just finished a couple games, and I have to decide between walking away or getting sucked in…..

BRB

:)

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Special K said:

I start with:

LIONS and TAMER

You get vowels A E I and O plus consonants L N S T M and R.

Anyone have anything better that that?

I go random each day.  I look around and choose the first 5-letter object I see.  Sometimes it works well; sometimes not.  

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I go random each day.  I look around and choose the first 5-letter object I see.  Sometimes it works well; sometimes not.  

Do you play at work? Do you end up going all DC Tom and starting with I-D-I-O-T a lot? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you play at work? Do you end up going all DC Tom and starting with I-D-I-O-T a lot? 

Work is in my home office and my cat, Lazy, is usually the only one down here with me!  

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

he is 7 years old and came up with the idea to google: “what is the best word in wordle?” and “adieu” popped up! The other best words that popped up were “about” and “sweet.” 

Clever! Knock out most of your vowels. I just did Wordless for the first time after brushing off the grandson for the most part the last couple weekends. I’ll play along more going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

I begin with ARISE, and if that doesn't work I use a CHO** word. T's are rather easy to identify later on. It's not the best strategy, but my current streak is 53. I got lucky and didn't lose anything in the transfer to the NYT.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Audio is a word. I’ve even heard it said before.

Our 8 year old grandson spends most Sundays with us and he played this a lot. I’ve resisted him getting me hooked so far, barely helping. I’m embarrassed by my current level on Wordscapes and don’t need another obsession…..but you sucked me in! I just finished a couple games, and I have to decide between walking away or getting sucked in…..

BRB

:)

I know.  Not sure why audio isn't on that game's Wordle list.  Crazy!

8 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

My first two words, usually try to knock out AEIOU, assuming that my first guess is fruitless.

RAISE is a favorite starting word.

Whatya do when the Wordle is:

NYMPH

😉😜 

(Which it was a few days ago)

Anyway... Don't know what the fuss is. According to rules, if you get it under 6, you win... Why do humans have to always ramp up the competition.   This is PASS-FAIL. 😏 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I know.  Not sure why audio isn't on that game's Wordle list.  Crazy!

Whatya do when the Wordle is:

NYMPH

Elementary, my dear EII.  Once you've eliminated all of the vowels, that means there's gotta by a 'Y'.  I solved CYNIC from a few weeks ago on try 3 (my second guess had an N in it).  🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.