Favorite and least favorite draft analysts

From an entertainment standpoint I think Kiper is still the best.

As for content, I'm leaning towards Daniel Jeremiah these days.  Perhaps Bucky Brooks as a close second.

My least respected will always be Mike Mayock. That guy to me was all soundbite and no substance. And I thought that before he was a total failure as a GM.

What do you all think?

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Might be a squirrel and nut situation but Kiper will always get the nod from me for nailing the take on Allen.

Not only nailing it, but saying it with authority.  Loved it.

• Like (+1) 7

I think Mike Mayock benefited greatly from a talented research team that supported him when he was a draft analyst.  Since that team didn't follow him to the Raiders, he was more or less exposed for the sports broadcaster he is.  

My favorite draft analyst is Bob McGinn.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not only nailing it, but saying it with authority.  Loved it.

That captured it, Gugny!  McShay was trying to defend his lame ass take and Kiper would have none of it.  That sealed Kiper's place in my heart.

• Agree 1

Kiper was smart enough to start it so he gets credit for that. As right as he was about Allen, he totally wiffed on Clausen. I prefer people that actually did it for a living as a scout or front office. Daniel Jeremiah is tops for me. McShay should send 1/2 his check to Kiper.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

McShay is by far the worst. That guy doesn't know anything & just parrots the "draft experts" consensus analysis. I'm honestly surprised he's still relevant.

I actually used to really like Mayock. He wasn't afraid to have his own takes, right or wrong. His insistence that Khalil Mack would be better than Clowney got him mocked, but he stuck with it. He's been a terrible GM, aside from the money, I bet he wishes he'd stuck with his old job.

Man…surprised by all the Mayock hate. I thought he was best in the biz when he was doing it. I think his failure as GM (both in picks and job security) had far more to do with Gruden than it did with him. 

Behind Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah and Buck Brooks are great too (although Bucky’s voice drives me crazy. Sounds like he always needs a lozenge). I like Curtis Conway on Path to the Draft too (not sure if he’s still doing it though). Also, Gil Brandt was/is no slouch. 

Kiper is a classic and in many ways made the draft the commercial success that it is. I have a lot of respect for him standing on the table for Josh when everyone was laughing and snickering at the pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think Mike Mayock benefited greatly from a talented research team that supported him when he was a draft analyst.  Since that team didn't follow him to the Raiders, he was more or less exposed for the sports broadcaster he is.  

My favorite draft analyst is Bob McGinn.  

There are so many subtleties that become involved in reality that talking heads don’t have to deal with. Coaching and systems being the most obvious. Personal motivation being another. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.