2022 Offseason: The Year Of The Crow

Rigotz

Never have we seen so much crow eaten in one offseason. From the “is Beane sleeping?” to “we won’t make a splash” to “oh great, now we can’t get X” …we’ve seen it all.

Thought it might be fun to collectively admit where Beane dunked on each of us this off-season.

I’ll go first. I thought Bates not getting a 2nd round tender was a HUGE mistake and it turned out to possibly be the catalyst to the Bears gifting us a kind deal.

Your turn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

so the Bills won yet another off-season?  cool..

dunked on..

This is unlike any offseason we’ve seen since the 2000s and I think you know that. This is a fine-tuning off-season rather than the overhauls or hope and prayers off season that we’ve become accustomed to. It’s all about plugging the few holes we have to win the Super Bowl, legitimately this time! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

This is unlike any offseason we’ve seen since the 2000s and I think you know that. This is a fine-tuning off-season rather than the overhauls or hope and prayers off season that we’ve become accustomed to. It’s all about plugging the few holes we have to win the Super Bowl, legitimately this time! 

Well the big splash of V Miller was certainly big.   Adding Philips and Lawson (2 guys they let go not long ago not a huge move (drafting their replacements has not quite worked out yet, so they had to get them back I guess), not seismic.  Saffold for a year?  

But only 2 years ago Diggs (in his prime, for 1st round pick) was even more of a splash on all levels. Plus Addison to shore up the D. 

Last year they added Breida and Sanders and it seemed like a thing at the time. 

If they can get to the SB this year as a result of these moves, then it's all golden.....

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well the big splash of V Miller was certainly big.   Adding Philips and Lawson (2 guys they let go not long ago not a huge move (drafting their replacements has not quite worked out yet, so they had to get them back I guess), not seismic.  Saffold for a year?  

But only 2 years ago Diggs (in his prime, for 1st round pick) was even more of a splash on all levels. Plus Addison to shore up the D. 

Last year they added Breida and Sanders and it seemed like a thing at the time. 

If they can get to the SB this year as a result of these moves, then it's all golden.....

You’re proving my point, we have all these pieces already, we are adding pieces to fine-tune and supplement our roster. Then there is Von Miller who is the type of player you pay all that money to because we expect to win it all this year. We’ve not been in the position before. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Let’s hope so as this is the only glaring roster hole. 

Beane claims to not want to go into the draft with any major holes. Either him and McD are extremely confident in Dane and that Tre won’t miss much time, or we see a vet CB signing. I’m hoping for the latter.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Never have we seen so much crow eaten in one offseason. From the “is Beane sleeping?” to “we won’t make a splash” to “oh great, now we can’t get X” …we’ve seen it all.

Thought it might be fun to collectively admit where Beane dunked on each of us this off-season.

I’ll go first. I thought Bates not getting a 2nd round tender was a HUGE mistake and it turned out to possibly be the catalyst to the Bears gifting us a kind deal.

Your turn.

half of those are troll threads 

To Be Ignored

Of those who think they know it all will not admit it so the claim that they don’t have to 

59 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You’re proving my point, we have all these pieces already, we are adding pieces to fine-tune and supplement our roster. Then there is Von Miller who is the type of player you pay all that money to because we expect to win it all this year. We’ve not been in the position before

They were pretty sure they were there in 2021....

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were pretty sure they were there in 2021....

Well “the Bills won another offseason” is a throwback from the drought years. I also don’t think we were where we are now last year, there were more questions last year in my opinion. 

ESPN names Buffalo Bills 'winners' of free agency

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/03/espn-buffalo-bills-winners-free-agency-von-miller/

Between their incomings and outgoings, the Buffalo Bills were busy during free agency. ESPN praised the work Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane put together

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.