TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cowboys (Just Joshin’) are on the clock
7 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Besides being a stud OLB…one of the best athletes in the draft.. ex QB, can play FB or TE.. has 4.42 Speed for a LB which is fast WR speed

Has similarities to a former Panthers Beane-era first round draft pick, Shaq Thompson. I don’t think there is any way he makes it this long in the real draft. And despite our need at CB and WR, would not be surprised if the Bills are interested in him as early as our first pick.

They were tied to another small school linebacker Kyle Dugger before the Pats scooped him early second. And Troy Anderson is a much better prospect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Has similarities to a former Panthers Beane-era first round draft pick, Shaq Thompson. I don’t think there is any way he makes it this long in the real draft. And despite our need at CB and WR, would not be surprised if the Bills are interested in him as early as our first pick.

They were tied to another small school linebacker Kyle Dugger before the Pats scooped him early second. And Troy Anderson is a much better prospect.

I think he has a chance to go higher. Not sure if he makes it to our pick. But the off ball linebacker need around the league isn’t crazy and it is a bit of an undervalued position, so it’s feasible that he drops mid to late 2. And there is depth at that position. 

Lloyd, Dean, Muma, Asamoah and Harris are probably all ahead of him in most pecking orders and some coaches and schemes will prefer Brandon Smith, Darrian Beavers, Damone Clark, Leo Chenal. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he has a chance to go higher. Not sure if he makes it to our pick. But the off ball linebacker need around the league isn’t crazy and it is a bit of an undervalued position, so it’s feasible that he drops mid to late 2. And there is depth at that position. 

Lloyd, Dean, Muma, Asamoah and Harris are probably all ahead of him in most pecking orders and some coaches and schemes will prefer Brandon Smith, Darrian Beavers, Damone Clark, Leo Chenal. 

I think he could drop to early 3rd round. My expectation of round 2 is a lot of tackles, a lot of receivers and a lot of edge rushers. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Short yardage, him and Josh back in an RPO set? That would be interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

His inexperience at the position and competition level might keep him out of the 2nd round, but his athletic ability and intelligence probably won’t let him fall much further than that.

I don’t think that teams know how much he will be able to play on D as a rookie, but he should be good on special teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Dallas Cowboys with the 24th  pick in round 2 select Lewis Cine, S Georgia.

We were targeting Leal but got poached.  He was also the highest player on the board.

Cine is a sure tackler and will clean-up any misses from the LBs.

The  Bills are on the clock @Virgil

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Poll is up:

I have to say, the value at LB and S is incredible.  So much that, if that rumor about the Bills being willing to make trades of Vets in the draft are true, they could find some solid starters at OLB, MLB, and S with multiple 2nd round picks.  The cap savings would be tremendous for years.

If they can get a shutdown corner in the first, decide they want to part ways with Tremaine or Poyer, I could respect the moves.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, wppete said:

First 2 picks would be dream scenario for us. 

Take BPA at pick 89…. If close go best OL.  

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Man, if we got Trent McDuffie in Round 1 and Kenneth Walker in Round 2 just standing pat at 25 and 57 - I would absolutely be doing backflips!

Unreal… time for Beane to hire Virgil to the staff

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 48th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons run to the podium and select:  Tyler Smith, OL Tulsa

Having selected a new offensive weapon and a new QB to groom, its time to address the trenches.  Tyler Smith is a terrific athlete and very powerful.  Expecting him to go in the second half of round 1 or early round 2, we are thrilled to have the opportunity to add him to our roster with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round.  Rumor has it that it was down to the wire with the Bills the previous pick, and we are happy he fell to us.  We love his versatility where he started at Left Tackle all through college but could be an even better fit in the NFL at Guard.  Needing help badly across our line, especially on the interior, we see him as a day 1 starter.  

@glazeduckand the Green Bay Packers are now on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (Glazeduck) are on the clock

I wish there were a way to tag everyone all at once, so here's hoping you all read this.

Tomorrow, 4/3/22, I have Jury Duty.  I don't know what my availability will be during the day, but please continue to make your picks and follow the 4 hour rule.  The picks start again at 8a. 

Hopefully, the courthouse will have Wi-Fi and I don't get selected

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I originally had been eying either DT or OL for the Falcons with this pick, but several of the DT and even Edge guys I thought might be there were gone.  So then it came down to Walker, Spiller, Smith, or Woolen.  But given CB is the one area we are not a total mess right now, that ruled him out.  I liked Walker more than Spiller, so Spiller came into consideration after Walker was picked, but just didn't have him graded as high as Smith and stuck to BPA.  I don't think Smith will last this deep in the real draft, but if he did I think the Falcons would be stoked to add a mauler to their OL with their second pick in the 2nd round.  

With the 49th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State.

OT or DL could be considerations here, but we'll instead opt for the best player at TE, adding another weapon in both the run game and the passing game for A-Arodg.

The Bucs (Sherlock Holmes) are now on the clock...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.