TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

The Colts select Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan  

Indianapolis has a strong roster but will need an OT and a developmental QB.  This FO was looking at Corral but would have taken the OT here even if Corral remained on the Board.  Matty Ice has two years left while Eric Fischer is aging out fast and the Colts love the value with Raimann still on the board here.  High Fives all around.     

The Atlanta Falcons with @Alphadawg7are on the clock for the next selection.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The Seahawks select, Matt Corral, Qb, Ole Miss and Kyler Gordon cb, Washington 

Corral- they have no viable QB.  Why not?

Gordon-  he’s a great ball player and everyone needs corners.  

@CNYfan is on the clock

Man, here I was hoping Gordon would make it a few more pics and the Commanders D would've been complete!

• Sad 1

With the 43rd pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:  Sam Howell, QB North Carolina.

While QB was a consideration for us at the 8th pick, we didn't feel we could pass up on an elite talent like Garett Wilson at that spot.  But here with the 11th pick in the 2nd round, we are excited to select what we feel is one of the best QB prospects in this draft to come in and learn behind our veteran leader Mariota.  

We feel people are sleeping on Howell over what was for some reason a perceived down year.  This down year still saw him throw for over 3000 yards, 24 TDs while rushing for over 800 yards and another 11 TDs.  He is a strong armed and accurate QB who can extend and make plays with his legs.  We feel there is a lot top end traits in him and watched him remain accurate and productive even as he continued to lose weapons each year to the draft.  We look forward to seeing him come in and compete with and learn from Mariota.  

@frostbitmicand the Cleveland Browns are now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 43rd pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:  Sam Howell, QB North Carolina.

While QB was a consideration for us at the 8th pick, we didn't feel we could pass up on an elite talent like Garett Wilson at that spot.  But here with the 11th pick in the 2nd round, we are excited to select what we feel is one of the best QB prospects in this draft to come in and learn behind our veteran leader Mariota.  

We feel people are sleeping on Howell over what was for some reason a perceived down year.  This down year still saw him throw for over 3000 yards, 24 TDs while rushing for over 800 yards and another 11 TDs.  He is a strong armed and accurate QB who can extend and make plays with his legs.  We feel there is a lot top end traits in him and watched him remain accurate and productive even as he continued to lose weapons each year to the draft.  We look forward to seeing him come in and compete with and learn from Mariota.  

@frostbitmicand the Cleveland Browns are now on the clock.

I like Howell. I dont’t know if any QB really comes through this year, but I think Howell will be around the longest, even if he stays a backup. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Howell. I dont’t know if any QB really comes through this year, but I think Howell will be around the longest, even if he stays a backup. 

Honestly, I think the draft class is weak in terms of top tier QB talent...but actually very strong in that next tier of QB prospects.  Guys who are going to go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds dont really grade a lot lower than guys likely going in the first.  Its a good year to take a stab at one here where the investment into them is minimal (a single non-first round pick) but have the potential to emerge as a good starter still in the NFL.  

Guys like Howell, Corral, Ridder, Strong all guys that still have some legit upside.  Personally I have Corral and Howell very close, and I was previously leaning Corral, but honestly I think Howell is being slept on and is better built to have a longer career.  

If I am the Falcons, I am eyeing a QB in the 2nd and taking a top tier prospect at 8 in the first.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Browns (frostbitmic) are on the clock

With the 44th pick in the 2022 NFL draft and the last time we'll be picking this high for years, the Cleveland Browns select Daniel Fa'alele - OT - Minnesota.

We wanted to go WR with this pick but just thought it would be a reach for any of them at this point so we might as well protect the "franchise". Daniel has trimmed down nicely during his time at Minnesota to drop from a playing weight of 420 down to a svelte 380 on his 6'8" frame. He also has a wingspan of 85 1/8" so he might be blocking FGs for us too. The weakest part of his game will be in pass pro but we figure it might take a minute to run around him. When it comes to blocking for the run, Fa'alele will be pushing defenders into Lake Erie and we like to run the ball. He is now the biggest player in the history of the NFL and he can move for a mountain of a man.

@Virgil and the Ravens are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Vikings (Doc Brown) are on the clock

With the 45th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina

The Ravens are looking to generate more pass rush, as well as protect Lamar.  The value at 45 was overwhelming with Enagbare, making this pick a no brainer for the Ravens. 

The Minnesota Vikings are on the clock @Doc Brown

• Like (+1) 1

With the 46th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Cameron Thomas, Edge, San Diego State

The Vikings need to get younger on the defensive line with the uncertainty surrounding Danielle Hunter's future.  Thomas was dominant in rushing the passer in the Mountain West Conference. 

The Washington Commanders @Hermesare on the clock...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Hermes) are on the clock
2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 46th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Cameron Thomas, Edge, San Diego State

The Vikings need to get younger on the defensive line with the uncertainty surrounding Danielle Hunter's future.  Thomas was dominant in rushing the passer in the Mountain West Conference. 

The Washington Commanders @Hermesare on the clock...

Awesome pick. He was the other guy I referenced in my Mafe pick. I think he is getting seriously overlooked. Very high floor and still a fair ceiling for additional development. He just doesn't have that explosion you look for which is why I went for the 'toolsy' Mafe. 

Edited by GunnerBill

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Awesome pick. He was the other guy I referenced in my Mafe pick. I think he is getting seriously overlooked. Very high floor and still a fair ceiling for additional development. He just doesn't have that explosion you look for which is why I went for the 'toolsy' Mafe. 

I was actually hoping for Mafe to fall to this spot so thanks for that.  I've seen Johnson mocked from the end of the first all the way to the third.  I see some Aaron Schobel in him who was also the 46th pick.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I was actually hoping for Mafe to fall to this spot so thanks for that.  I've seen Johnson mocked from the end of the first all the way to the third.  I see some Aaron Schobel in him who was also the 46th pick.

Like the Schobel comp 👍🏻

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 47th pick in 2022 TSW mock draft, the Washington Commanders select, Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan.  

Adding options to the WR room to take some heat off Scary Terry is a high priority after adding Carson Wentz. While we don't believe he's an elite QB, Wentz is better than what we've trotted out since Cousins left and surrounding him with playmakers is imperative to our offensive vision. Skyy Moore adds a weapon in the passing game, he may not have the elite upside as others in the class but he's a solid player who can take advantage of the attention defenses give to McLaurin.

The Chicago Bears @Philo are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

With the 48th pick of the 2022 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Chicago Bears select Cole Strange, OG, Chattanooga.

After missing out on Ryan "Rick" Bates, the Bears are happy to land an extremely athletic interior linemen with some positional flexibility. Strange has over 40 starts in his collegiate career, most coming at left guard, but has starts at left tackle and center as well. His RAS score is a phenomenal 9.95, which will excite new offensive line coach, Chris Morgan. Morgan was with the Atlanta Falcons when they selected Chris Lindstrom (9.85 RAS) and Kaleb McGary (9.83 RAS) in the first round of the 2019 draft. Under Morgan's tutelage, we are confident that Strange will quickly secure a starting spot on a needy offensive line here in Chicago.  

The New Orleans Saints @H2o are on the clock.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Philo said:

With the 48th pick of the 2022 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Chicago Bears select Cole Strange, OG, Chattanooga.

After missing out on Ryan "Rick" Bates, the Bears are happy to land an extremely athletic interior linemen with some positional flexibility. Strange has over 40 starts in his collegiate career, most coming at left guard, but has starts at left tackle and center as well. His RAS score is a phenomenal 9.95, which will excite new offensive line coach, Chris Morgan. Morgan was with the Atlanta Falcons when they selected Chris Lindstrom (9.85 RAS) and Kaleb McGary (9.83 RAS) in the first round of the 2019 draft. Under Morgan's tutelage, we are confident that Strange will quickly secure a starting spot on a needy offensive line here in Chicago.  

The New Orleans Saints @H2o are on the clock.

Agree that he definitely fits that "type" with Lindstrom and McGary. Comes down to what type of blocking scheme they wanna run.

• Sad 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Saints (H2o) are on the clock

I'm about to go out of the house for a few hours, and it's about to be my pick after H20. Rather than hold everyone up, I sent my pick to @Virgil.

(side note: How does it seem like after waiting around for forever, it always seems to be your pick right when you're about to go out or go to work or go to bed? Like clockwork).

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm about to go out of the house for a few hours, and it's about to be my pick after H20. Rather than hold everyone up, I sent my pick to @Virgil.

(side note: How does it seem like after waiting around for forever, it always seems to be your pick right when you're about to go out or go to work or go to bed? Like clockwork).

Yeah, I made a pick from the golf course last year!

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel you. I spend all day in front of a computer for work and when it's time for my first pick, I am on my way to a business lunch that was going to take hours. Luckily, I had time to send my pick to Virgil on mobile.

Sorry everyone.

With the 49th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select, Travis Jones, DT, UConn.

With needs all over the place we go for a man to wreak havoc between Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport. We love the upside he brings in this defensive system. 

@Logic and the Chiefs are on the clock.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.