TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the holes we need to fill, there's no way we take a Safety who will barely see the field with our first pick. Especially not with a Trent McDuffie on the board.

I agree. CB is a SCREAMING need but if they want to talk themselves out of a CB that is still on the board then he is in play. I don't think they should pick him either. 

I'm voting for McDuffie in the poll.

Edited by qwksilver

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the holes we need to fill, there's no way we take a Safety who will barely see the field with our first pick. Especially not with a Trent McDuffie on the board.

I would not be surprised at all to see the Bills go Safety at some point in this draft

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

McDuffie sure doesn’t fit the body type they typically like. His arm length is concerning. I could see him, Gordon, Hall, Zion Johnson, or a trade-down.

Funny thing is that the two best players available might be Devonte Wyatt and George Karlaftis, but would they really take a DT or edge ?

I’d be sprinting to the podium for McDuffie, but I think they would take Karlaftis as well. Wyatt maybe not, but outside of Von Miller, there is no proven guy. I like Rousseau and Basham but I could see them spending another pick on an edge guy. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d be sprinting to the podium for McDuffie, but I think they would take Karlaftis as well. Wyatt maybe not, but outside of Von Miller, there is no proven guy. I like Rousseau and Basham but I could see them spending another pick on an edge guy. 

I don't see it. They have both starting edges secured for at least 3 seasons and have spent a 1st and 2 2nds on Ends the past two seasons. I'd agree that Basham was underwhelming in his first season and Epenesa in his first two. But I don't see them moving on from them as rotational pieces that quickly. They'd be sprinting for the podium for McDuffie as well.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

We don't have anything proven but you need to give the previous selections some time to develop. It can't be EDGE. This board would explode.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

We don't have anything proven but you need to give the previous selections some time to develop. It can't be EDGE. This board would explode.

I wouldn’t hate it. Karlaftis is probably a better prospect than anyone we have in terms of the young guys, borderline with Rousseau. That said, the board would certainly implode. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Titans (Qwksilver) are on the clock
3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Unfortunately, I agree…

With the 26th selection, the Tennessee Titans select Zion Johnson G Boston College.

The biggest needs for the Titans are OL (after not resigning Saffold and adding untested OL), a younger QB and WR3. This isn’t really a great QB class so they will reluctantly roll with Tanenhill. The WR class is quite deep, and they did trade for Robert Woods who is an upgrade over a broken-down Julio Jones. Plus, Woods brings some of the best WR blocking which is an excellent fit for a run 1st team. He should be ready to go by training camp. Zion is a people mover and is scheme diverse. They say he interviewed well at the combine. This is a great pick for one of the few run heavy teams.

Ideally, without a 2nd round pick GM Jon Robinson will be looking to slide down and pick up some draft capital.

The Bucs @Sherlock Holmes is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (Sherlock Holmes) are on the clock

Rough that both Kenyon Green and Jameson Williams go right before our pick. I know this isnt the version for it, but I'd be down for a trade up IRL to get either of those guys over McDuffie.

I know McDuffie gets a lot of hype and is ranked to be a value pick there, but there is something about him that doesnt excite me. I dont see him pop off the film like some others (disclaimer: I aint watchin no real "film", I'm just talking about highlight videos).

But he fills a big need and is decent value so I'd be fine with the pick.

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Rough that both Kenyon Green and Jameson Williams go right before our pick. I know this isnt the version for it, but I'd be down for a trade up IRL to get either of those guys over McDuffie.

I know McDuffie gets a lot of hype and is ranked to be a value pick there, but there is something about him that doesnt excite me. I dont see him pop off the film like some others (disclaimer: I aint watchin no real "film", I'm just talking about highlight videos).

I think it has to be CB. I trust the FO to pick their guy and like others have said it might not be McDuffie.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I see the opposite when I watch McDuffie. I see a dude who is all over the field, smart, aggressive, great instincts and I see a day 1 starter who fits like a glove in our defensive scheme. Is he knocking people's heads off? No, but he is so solid in everything he does. I would be disappointed if he is off the Bills' board based on arm length. He reminds me of a cross between a bigger, faster Honey Badger and Cortland Finnegan. He's fiery and everywhere and super smart. When you see him work through traffic in the zones he is doing all the stuff Levi Wallace was incapable of.  He probably isn't a perfect fit for every scheme, but he is for us. The dude is everywhere. When you watch Tre White's college highlights and stuff you don't see wow plays either. he's just really good. 

To trade up to draft a guard with a similar profile to Cody Ford would be a drastic mistake imo. Williams I could see the upside, but I would not trade up for him. If he falls, that's a different story. But McDuffie is plug and play. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McDuffie is the smart pick and the right pick. He's not only a top 15 player but he's BPA at a position of need.

Meh, he's a low-ceiling player. I think you have to do better than that in the first.

If we're faced with that situation in real life, I hope we trade back, improve our 2 and take Tariq Woolen and the best available WR.

Ever since Beane came to town, the Bills only seem to take physical freaks with high ceilings in the first round.

McDuffie is not that.

I’d bet that a trade up for one of the top corners or a trade down to collect more picks in the middle rounds — the sweet spot of this draft — would be more likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.