TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

3 CB's in the Top 10? Man, I hope this mock doesn't become reality.

It won't.  Hamilton is gonna go top 10 and so will at least one more QB I am assuming, possibly 3.  7 of the first 10 picks could all take a QB or trade out of that spot for someone who wants a QB.  Its not a great QB draft, but this isn't a top heavy draft for elite prospects, so I think with the amount of picks in the first 10 that could take a QB, plus some people outside the top 10 who might find a cheaper than normal trade up this year into the top 10 will result in more than 1 being taken as we have in this mock.  

Personally, I think its more plausible that one CB goes top 10 than 3.  Its a deep draft CB this year, so I think some teams will prioritize other positions that are less deep early given the lack of truly elite prospects at the top of the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It won't.  Hamilton is gonna go top 10 and so will at least one more QB I am assuming, possibly 3.  7 of the first 10 picks could all take a QB or trade out of that spot for someone who wants a QB.  Its not a great QB draft, but this isn't a top heavy draft for elite prospects, so I think with the amount of picks in the first 10 that could take a QB, plus some people outside the top 10 who might find a cheaper than normal trade up this year into the top 10 will result in more than 1 being taken as we have in this mock.  

Personally, I think its more plausible that one CB goes top 10 than 3.  Its a deep draft CB this year, so I think some teams will prioritize other positions that are less deep early given the lack of truly elite prospects at the top of the draft.  

I think the CB class has a bit of a hole in day 2. It has up to 7 possible day 1 guys (my guess is 1 or 2 of them slip to early day 2) and lots of developmental guys. Where it is a bit thinner is that tier of guys who are gonna be solid roleplayers year 1. There are only 3 or 4 that fall into that camp. 

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the CB class has a bit of a hole in day 2. It has up to 7 possible day 1 guys (my guess is 1 or 2 of them slip to early day 2) and lots of developmental guys. Where it is a bit thinner is that tier of guys who are gonna be solid roleplayers year 1. There are only 3 or 4 that fall into that camp. 

Indeed. As much as I love the idea of the Bills taking a WR on day 1 — I just really like a few of the projected round one guys — I must admit that it seems wiser to take a CB in the first if there is one there worth taking.

The WR class is simply deeper. The Bills can take a WR anywhere from rounds 2-4 who will likely be capable of competing for WR3 duties from day one, or certainly by mid season. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Indeed. As much as I love the idea of the Bills taking a WR on day 1 — I just really like a few of the projected round one guys — I must admit that it seems wiser to take a CB in the first if there is one there worth taking.

The WR class is simply deeper. The Bills can take a WR anywhere from rounds 2-4 who will likely be capable of competing for WR3 duties from day one, or certainly by mid season. 

I mean I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to land Jameson in the first...but that being said, there will be guys there in the 2nd who are exciting WR prospects still and unless we make a move for a CB before the draft in FA or trade, its hard seeing how CB isn't the pick in the first given the perceived drop off from there to our next pick.  

Personally, I think we could take 2 CB's in the first 4 to 5 rounds.  And if we were to go WR in the first, wouldn't surprise me to go back to back CB in rounds 2 and 3

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to land Jameson in the first...but that being said, there will be guys there in the 2nd who are exciting WR prospects still and unless we make a move for a CB before the draft in FA or trade, its hard seeing how CB isn't the pick in the first given the perceived drop off from there to our next pick.  

Personally, I think we could take 2 CB's in the first 4 to 5 rounds.  And if we were to go WR in the first, wouldn't surprise me to go back to back CB in rounds 2 and 3

I like the idea of doubling up on early round positions. The idea would be to pay one and recover a pick for the other if/when the need ever arises. You still stay flush with young talent if you can cycle this through multiple years as a longer-term draft strategy.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Patriots (Bill from NYC) are on the clock

With the 20th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh

The Steelers run to the podium to expose the worst kept secret in the league, their love of Kenny Pickett.  Even with signing Mitch Trubisky, the Steelers are going to cover their bases with a guy they think can be the fan favorite and quarterback of the future. The Steelers will go into camp with an open competition as Trubisky's contract is nothing they can't work their way out of.

The New England Patriots are on the clock

@Bill from NYC

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 20th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh

The Steelers run to the podium to expose the worst kept secret in the league, their love of Kenny Pickett.  Even with signing Mitch Trubisky, the Steelers are going to cover their bases with a guy they think can be the fan favorite and quarterback of the future. The Steelers will go into camp with an open competition as Trubisky's contract is nothing they can't work their way out of.

@Bill from NYC

No brainer here, good pick and I’m sure Steelers would be thrilled if this is how the draft fell to them

• Like (+1) 1

The idea of a Kenny Pickett vs Mitch Trubisky QB competition existing in the world makes me even more thankful for Josh Allen, which is something I didn't think I could be.

I kid, I kid. I like Mitch. And Kenny Pickett, um...plays quarterback, too.

Good, logical pick by Virgil. But what a bad year to need a QB...

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@Bill from NYC

That pick just makes too much sense. I hope Mitch can hold him off for a year or 2.

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

We should be starting 2.0 in about a week, hopefully by Sunday

Very nice. Would love to participate. 

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

The idea of a Kenny Pickett vs Mitch Trubisky QB competition existing in the world makes me even more thankful for Josh Allen, which is something I didn't think I could be.

I kid, I kid. I like Mitch. And Kenny Pickett, um...plays quarterback, too.

Good, logical pick by Virgil. But what a bad year to need a QB...

Any year you need a QB is a bad year 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.