TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

Yeah yeah yeah....

With the 12th pick, the Vikings select Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

I just read this mock and don’t see his name up there.  If he’s still available it’s a no brainer as he’s a unicorn on defense that a creative d-coordinator would love to have given his versatility as his football IQ and playmaking is off the charts.  He’s an athletic freak that can excel as a linebacker, box safety, and roaming safety like he did at Notre Dame.  

The Texans @mannc are on the clock…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (mannc) are on the clock
3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah yeah yeah....

I just read this mock and don’t see his name up there.  If he’s still available it’s a no brainer as he’s a unicorn on defense that a creative d-coordinator would love to have given his versatility as his football IQ and playmaking is off the charts.  He’s an athletic freak that can excel as a linebacker, box safety, and roaming safety like he did at Notre Dame.  

From everything I read, there’s no way he’s still there at this point. Great pick

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah yeah yeah....

magnificent pick

• Like (+1) 1

And with the 13th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Houston Texans select Travon Walker, DE, Univ. of Georgia.

We were tempted to go WR here, but WR is a deep group in this draft and the drop off at Edge is significant after the first few guys.  We thought about Matt Corral here, too, but Mills showed enough last year to justify at least one more year.  Walker is a guy we can line up anywhere on the D-line and he will cause havoc.   

The Baltimore Ravens (Virgil) are on the clock...    

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (MrEpsTtown) are on the clock

With the 14th selection in the TSW Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa

The Ravens don't really know how all their injured players are going to bounce back from last season, and they were an AFC leading team before those injuries occurred.  We thought about DB, OLB, and WR here, but there's enough depth to address these positions later.  Our biggest need was on the offensive line where we just lost Bozeman to the Panthers.  Linderbaum will be a Day one starter and has a power run style that will benefit Lamar and Dobbins.

The Eagles are on the clock for consecutive picks.  @MrEpsYtown

On 3/29/2022 at 1:26 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

I'm setting the over under on this going out the window @ 5.5 picks

I guess I'll take the over

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I like Lloyd, but off ball LBs in rd 1 back to back years?   😳 

I know we're not going to have the best offense so we're looking to have the best D. Load up on playmakers at every level and just let em loose

I know we're not going to have the best offense so we're looking to have the best D. Load up on playmakers at every level and just let em loose

With the 15th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Defensive tackle Jordan Davis Georgia.

I was eyeing Lloyd, Walker, and Hamilton and they all went off the board. The Eagles had a ton of issues stopping the run last year. Davis plugs the run in the middle of that defense and is the type of presence they have not had on the D line for a very long time. Pairing Davis with Fletcher Cox improves the d line immensely. 

I am still on the clock. Will be up shortly.

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 15th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Defensive tackle Jordan Davis Georgia.

I was eyeing Lloyd, Walker, and Hamilton and they all went off the board. The Eagles had a ton of issues stopping the run last year. Davis plugs the run in the middle of that defense and is the type of presence they have not had on the D line for a very long time. Pairing Davis with Fletcher Cox improves the d line immensely. 

Do the Eagles run a 3-4?

With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select EDGE Jermaine Johnson II, Florida State.

Howie Roseman typically tries to build the defensive line from the inside out, and that is what the strategy is here. In the offseason they added Hassan Reddick and he and Johnson make an excellent pass rush especially in nickel situations. Brandon Graham is getting up there and Sweat and Barnett are good rotational guys to have, but Johnson takes this defense to another level. The temptation is to try to get some help for Jalen Hurts, but I love the Johnson fit so much, it is hard to look elsewhere. 

The Chargers and @TPS are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

With the 17th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the LA Chargers select Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa.

Protecting the franchise QB is priority #1, and Penning will immediately replace Storm Norton who ranked near last in pass-pro last year.  Slater and Penning provide bookend protection for Herbert as the Chargers chase the Chiefs and Mr Lombardi.

@H2o and the N'Orleans Saints are now on the clock...

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select EDGE Jermaine Johnson II, Florida State.

Howie Roseman typically tries to build the defensive line from the inside out, and that is what the strategy is here. In the offseason they added Hassan Reddick and he and Johnson make an excellent pass rush especially in nickel situations. Brandon Graham is getting up there and Sweat and Barnett are good rotational guys to have, but Johnson takes this defense to another level. The temptation is to try to get some help for Jalen Hurts, but I love the Johnson fit so much, it is hard to look elsewhere. 

The Chargers and @TPS are on the clock. 

These are two solid picks that would really help that defense imo. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Saints (H2o) are on the clock

With the 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.... The New Orleans Saints select.... Chris Olave, Wide Receiver, Ohio St.

The WR group is thin outside of Michael Thomas. And who knows how much longer he will be here? They resigned Tre'Quan Smith, but he's a slot guy. Olave will instantly be the #2 in this offense. He can beat you at all 3 levels of the field. He's fast, a good route runner, has good hands, and he understands how to leverage DB's into creating separation. Jameis Winston will appreciate this pick immediately. 

@MrEpsYtown and the Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Do the Eagles run a 3-4?

They run a very conceptually similar 4-3 to the Bills. While I don't love the value for Davis in that scheme as a 2-down 1 tech, he is more athletic than Star Lotulelei and he was a steady player for us.

15 minutes ago, TPS said:

With the 17th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the LA Chargers select Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa.

Protecting the franchise QB is priority #1, and Penning will immediately replace Storm Norton who ranked near last in pass-pro last year.  Slater and Penning provide bookend protection for Herbert as the Chargers chase the Chiefs and Mr Lombardi.

@H2o and the N'Orleans Saints are now on the clock...

Best pick so far. Beast.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.... The New Orleans Saints select.... Chris Olave, Wide Receiver, Ohio St.

The WR group is thin outside of Michael Thomas. And who knows how much longer he will be here? They resigned Tre'Quan Smith, but he's a slot guy. Olave will instantly be the #2 in this offense. He can beat you at all 3 levels of the field. He's fast, a good route runner, has good hands, and he understands how to leverage DB's into creating separation. Jameis Winston will appreciate this pick immediately. 

@MrEpsYtown and the Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock

Saints have a lot of needs, but I would think Matt Corral is in play here…

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Kenny Pickett is still on the board too isn't he? Quarterback is definitely in play. But frankly everywhere except corner and interior OL is in play for the Saints.

Edited by GunnerBill

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah yeah yeah....

He won’t be there In the real draft, great pick 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I just don't see reaching for a new QB at this point really. Winston was 5-2 last year before he tore his ACL. You also have a new coaching staff and just singed Andy Dalton as a backup. I think adding to the WR group, with one of the top talents in the class, so the QB in place actually has weapons is the right move. We also don't know what is going to happen with Kamara over his altercation yet either. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.