TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 4th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Jets select Ikem Ekwonu, Offensive Tackle, North Carolina State.

The New York Giants and @LEBills are now on the clock. 

I am not going to lie, the first three picks are the worst possible scenario for the Jets. If Sauce was there I was taking him.  He is tailor made for the Saleh defense. If he wasn't I hoped Thibodeaux would be there.

In their absence I landed on an offensive tackle, given that there are concerns over Mekhi Becton's health and professionalism. Then it comes to scheme fit. In an E-P or a spread I'd go Charles Cross who is my OT1, but in a Shanahan style stretch zone such as the one Mike LaFleur runs it is Ekwonu who is the better fit. I am going to plug him in at left tackle next to FA acquisition Laken Tomlinson who comes over from the 9ers and the same offense. I am flipping Vera-Tucker to right guard and Becton, if he is fit to play, to right tackle.

• Like (+1) 3

With the 5th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select Evan Neal, Offensive Tackle, University of Alabama.

The Carolina Panthers and @BigdaddyinOrlando are now on the clock. 

Schoen and Dabs have made it a point to upgrade the OL this offseason. Dabs turns to his former college team to secure a premiere pass blocker as Daniel Jones gets one more year. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 5th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select Evan Neal, Offensive Tackle, University of Alabama.

The Carolina Panthers and @BigdaddyinOrlando are now on the clock. 

Schoen and Dabs have made it a point to upgrade the OL this offseason. Dabs turns to his former college team to secure a premiere pass blocker as Daniel Jones gets one more year. 

Could this be our first QB?   Or will the Cats show some patience and wait for the value to meet the slot. 

With the 6th pick of 2022 TSW draft, the Carolina Panthers select: Malik Willis, QB from Liberty 

The Panthers came out on the short end this off season in acquiring a starting Qb. We are gonna go for the guy with the highest ceiling. Kid has the arm talent and mobility, and we are gonna let him come in and take the job if he is ready. Trying to shoot for the stars as the Bills did with Allen. 

The Giants and LEBills are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

If he was there for the Commanders I would've considered him.  I think Wentz would be a good fill in for a year, then groom him to be the man next year.

* I like the idea of pairing his athleticism with McCaffrey's. They make an interesting combo for a creative OC

21 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 6th pick of 2022 TSW draft, the Carolina Panthers select: Malik Willis, QB from Liberty 

The Panthers came out on the short end this off season in acquiring a starting Qb. We are gonna go for the guy with the highest ceiling. Kid has the arm talent and mobility, and we are gonna let him come in and take the job if he is ready. Trying to shoot for the stars as the Bills did with Allen. 

Edited by Hermes
*addendum

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Giants (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 7th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select Derek Stingley, CB, Louisiana State University

The Atlanta Falcons and @Alphadawg7are now on the clock. 

After fortifying our offensive line, it is time to get after the quarterback. Their were a few defensive ends we considered but Wink Martindale loves putting his CBs on an island to get after the quarterback.

We are concerned about Stingleys durability, but feel that with the right training staff we can bring out the best in him. A bit boom or bust but feel good about our odds.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Tough spot to pick, but QB's are king.  Ideally, I think the Panthers would want to trade down (I know, non-trade draft), but you also can't trust that other teams won't jump to get him.  At the end of the day, the Panthers get their guy and he can sit for a year while they build up around him.  You can't be upset as a Panthers fan with this pick

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

I wonder if Schoen, Daboll, and their cronies paid attention to the Bills training and treatment facilities.  It would help

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 7th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Giants select Derek Stingley, CB, Louisiana State University

The Atlanta Falcons and @Alphadawg7are now on the clock. 

After fortifying our offensive line, it is time to get after the quarterback. Their were a few defensive ends we considered but Wink Martindale loves putting his CBs on an island to get after the quarterback.

We are concerned about Stingleys durability, but feel that with the right training staff we can bring out the best in him. A bit boom or bust but feel good about our odds.

With the 8th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select: Garrett Wilson, WR Ohio State

With a lot of holes on both sides of the ball, we aren't interested in trading draft capital to move up in the draft for a QB.  There are some QB's in the draft we find intriguing that we like, but with the only one we were willing to take here now off the board, our focus is adding more playmakers to the offense and we are going BPA and taking the top guy on our board in Garrett Wilson.  His polished route running will not only be an important weapon for our QB Mariota, but will also take some of the defensive pressure away from our talented TE Pitts.  

The Seattle Seahawks and @Rock-A-Bye Beasleyare now on the clock with the 9th pick in the draft.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 8th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select: Garrett Wilson, WR Ohio State

With a lot of holes on both sides of the ball, we aren't interested in trading draft capital to move up in the draft for a QB.  There are some QB's in the draft we find intriguing that we like, but with the only one we were willing to take here now off the board, our focus is adding more playmakers to the offense and we are going BPA and taking the top guy on our board in Garrett Wilson.  His polished route running will not only be an important weapon for our QB Mariota, but will also take some of the defensive pressure away from our talented TE Pitts.  

The Seattle Seahawks and @Rock-A-Bye Beasleyare now on the clock with the 9th pick in the draft.

If Willis were there, would you have pulled the trigger on him?

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Seahawks (Rock-A-Bye Beasley) are on the clock
1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Falcons need talent pretty much everywhere.

Hard to argue against the best WR in the draft for a team that has absolutely no one of note at that position. And it should certainly help unlock Pitts, which is the best thing they can do for their offense overall.

Nice pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

If Willis were there, would you have pulled the trigger on him?

Yes, but I don't expect him to be there in the real draft either.  Its a deep WR draft, to be able to pull the trigger with the 8th pick for the highest ceiling QB in the draft without having to do a pricey trade up would have been too much to pass up. 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow...if this is how it plays out draft day then it would seem there isn't much confidence in the QB class this year lol.

Edit: missed poster with CAR taking a QB. Thought no QB's were picked yet

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes, but I don't expect him to be there in the real draft either.  Its a deep WR draft, to be able to pull the trigger with the 8th pick for the highest ceiling QB in the draft without having to do a pricey trade up would have been too much to pass up. 

Same.  50/50 whether or not he goes to Detroit, but I’m leaning towards him being their pick.  Carolina of up next for sure.  Would be surprised to see Carolina or Atlanta trade up with Detroit for him.  

25 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Wow...if this is how it plays out draft day then it would seem there isn't much confidence in the QB class this year lol.

Edit: missed poster with CAR taking a QB. Thought no QB's were picked yet

I think Willis will go top 7 personally, and may even see a team move up to get him.  I don't think anyone feels good about trading up for any of the other QB's though.

I gave Matt Corrall some consideration at 8, but ultimately, I felt no pressure to go QB here given we have a lot of big needs and think Mariota is a capable 1 year starter if need be.  Falcons plan should be not to reach this draft and take the BPA on the board as they have holes every where.  And to me Corrall and Pickett are a reach at 8 (I like Corrall's upside a little more than Pickett personally).  

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same.  50/50 whether or not he goes to Detroit, but I’m leaning towards him being their pick.  Carolina of up next for sure.  Would be surprised to see Carolina or Atlanta trade up with Detroit for him.  

Yeah I cant see him getting past Carolina.  I dont know what Detroit will do either, but I think they are going throw some smoke regardless about Willis to try and get someone to give them a nice trade offer to move ahead of other teams to get him.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think the QBs may fall a little bit.   Not sure they will be in play at 2 or 6.  I understand that is the current media take, and Vegas betting odds, but these guys aren't that highly graded compared to previous years.   

I guess Carolina is desperate, but there is better talent on the board.   

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think the QBs may fall a little bit.   Not sure they will be in play at 2 or 6.  I understand that is the current media take, and Vegas betting odds, but these guys aren't that highly graded compared to previous years.   

I guess Carolina is desperate, but there is better talent on the board.   

Yeah this fees like the EJ Manuel draft. I am not sure teams will reach for guys. But we shall see. I sure hope they do so the talent cascades to 25.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.