TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 1st pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select Aidan Hutchinson from the university of Michigan.  

I don't think its o-line here.  I think someone opposite from Josh Allen to create havoc for opposing qbs is the best way to improve this team.

The Lions and @NewEra are on the clock

Edited by section122
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (NewEra) are on the clock
13 minutes ago, section122 said:

With the 1st pick the lions select aidan hutchinson from the university of michigan.  

I dont think its oline here.  I think someone opposite from josh allen to create havoc for opposing qbs is the best way to improve this team.

Some rumors are popping up that they may take Travon Walker, and I don't think it's crazy. But Hutchinson I think is the move. 

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

With the 1st pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select Aidan Hutchinson from the university of Michigan.  

I don't think its o-line here.  I think someone opposite from Josh Allen to create havoc for opposing qbs is the best way to improve this team.

The Lions and @NewEra are on the clock

In this scenario, wonder what the chances Lions go QB lol

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I would hate to have a top 3 pick or need a QB in this draft.  This draft reminds me of the EJ Manual draft, just not much there besides depth

I wonder if teams may take a little less to move down a bit from the top?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Some rumors are popping up that they may take Travon Walker, and I don't think it's crazy. But Hutchinson I think is the move. 

Yeah I saw those and I think the Lions are hoping that happens so they can get their hometown boy.  I think it is DE for sure though.

Cam Robinson was franchised and putting the #1 pick at RT or even worse kicking in to G would be a terrible move imo.  The pairing of Allen and another force to collapse the pocket is the best way to immediately improve the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

I wonder if teams may take a little less to move down a bit from the top?

I like Hutchinson, but after that it’s good tackles, a high level safety prospect and guys whose measurables are greater than their stats or tape, but not guys coming out who are plug and play at a pro bowl level like we have seen in the past. If somebody offered one of those top 5 or 6 teams a reasonable amount that it would allow them to create high-level depth, then they would be foolish to ignore it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I would hate to have a top 3 pick or need a QB in this draft.  This draft reminds me of the EJ Manual draft, just not much there besides depth

Yeah, I'm not sure how popular the QB class is this year, with how it went with Goff at QB I'm curious how they play this. If they try and just improve around him or if they take a QB 

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how popular the QB class is this year, with how it went with Goff at QB I'm curious how they play this. If they try and just improve around him or if they take a QB 

Agreed.  I could have supported an OT here as well.  The AFC South is a different breed where the run game is a priority and they do need to keep Trevor upright.  However, for the money you are going to pay the #1 overall pick, do you take the sure thing at OT?  DE's are much more boom or bust to me.  I think they go OT because they need to set Trevor up for success and really build around him this year and next, to truly know what they have

No matter what they do, it's not a great year to hold the number one overall pick. 

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

To me it would be crazy. I get the measurables and the potential with Walker and the feeling that he is still an ascending player but man.... the college tape is not even first round tape to me let alone top 10 tape. I am not the biggest Evan Neal guy but I thought the snaps he handled Walker were a complete no-contest. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed.  I could have supported an OT here as well.  The AFC South is a different breed where the run game is a priority and they do need to keep Trevor upright.  However, for the money you are going to pay the #1 overall pick, do you take the sure thing at OT?  DE's are much more boom or bust to me.  I think they go OT because they need to set Trevor up for success and really build around him this year and next, to truly know what they have

No matter what they do, it's not a great year to hold the number one overall pick. 

Agree, Can certainly see Jags going OT also. They got better at WR in F/A and landed Scherff at G, so easy to see why OT would be the pick

10 minutes ago, section122 said:

Yeah I saw those and I think the Lions are hoping that happens so they can get their hometown boy.  I think it is DE for sure though.

Cam Robinson was franchised and putting the #1 pick at RT or even worse kicking in to G would be a terrible move imo.  The pairing of Allen and another force to collapse the pocket is the best way to immediately improve the team.

IF it is Evan Neal then giving him a year at RT before moving him over to left would be a smart move. 

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (mannc) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With the 2nd pick, the Detroit Lions select, Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE Oregon.  

We thought about Malik Willis but just weren’t sold on him being our long term guy.  Happy with Thibodeaux

I'm torn on this pick, but honestly don't know much about Thib.  He was considered a top 2 pick until a few months ago, but now I keep seeing him slip to the 5-10 range.  I don't know what caused the drop off.

The Lions are equally in a tough spot, because you have to get after Rodgers and Cousins, but you're also rebuilding.  They had a decent run game with Swift, until he got hurt.  There's just so much need for the Lions, and I know this is no trades, but I would think they'd hope for someone to make them an offer

Just now, Virgil said:

I'm torn on this pick, but honestly don't know much about Thib.  He was considered a top 2 pick until a few months ago, but now I keep seeing him slip to the 5-10 range.  I don't know what caused the drop off.

The Lions are equally in a tough spot, because you have to get after Rodgers and Cousins, but you're also rebuilding.  They had a decent run game with Swift, until he got hurt.  There's just so much need for the Lions, and I know this is no trades, but I would think they'd hope for someone to make them an offer

Unless they are taking a QB then Thib is the right pick. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.