The Slap: Real or Staged?

Gugny

Was the Confrontation Between Will Smith and Chris Rock Real or Staged?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Confrontation Between Will Smith and Chris Rock Real or Staged?

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

IMO

If he we was really mad he would have punched him. 

How, exactly, does Will Smith come out better following this? I’ll look at him differently forever, not that I cared that much in the first place.

I doubt he was taking one for the team because few people are even aware when the Oscars or Academy Awards are taking place. 

It was just odd as hell, and I don’t know what to make of it. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Simstim said:

Clearly real. The swearing shows it as it is. Added to how off-kilter it put Chris Rock.

I agree.  What verifies that it was real is the shocked reaction Rock had after the slap but even more so, after the shouting from off-stage.  Particularly when he started to say something like "I could make such a great joke right now embarrassing you to no end" but decided discretion is the better part of valor.  

Also notice that when Rock was slapped, there is a very loud "boom" sound on the microphone that Rock was obviously wearing somewhere...there was definitely contact there.  

4 hours ago, f0neguy said:

Real.   But I find it funny that an earlier joke about Jada sleeping around was okay and a joke about her medical condition made him snap.

Smith was laughing quite clearly at the "GI Jane" joke as well!  I assume his wife gave him a dirty look or something like that and he then snapped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Drama is always half staged, half real.

He was laughing first, then got tough? 

When women bald it's a medical condition. When men do... It's getting old and a joke.   Truth is again, somewhere in between. 

Chris Rock is hip to her “medical condition.” This is the context of the joke. 

98C581B4-7872-40ED-8D70-51AA2C3EFDC9.thumb.webp.713fc94a997d56021ba795d91cc3bdfa.webp

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Augie said:

How, exactly, does Will Smith come out better following this? I’ll look at him differently forever, not that I cared that much in the first place.

I doubt he was taking one for the team because few people are even aware when the Oscars or Academy Awards are taking place. 

Why did you see him as anything other than Human? If you did than you have a problem. 

21 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Why did you see him as anything other than Human? If you did than you have a problem. 

Why do you think I see him as any other than human?  I said nothing of the sort.  I was just hoping he was a rational adult. That’s different. 

• Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why do you think I see him as any other than human?  I said nothing of the sort.  I was just hoping he was a rational adult. That’s different. 

No humans are completely rational to think otherwise is wrong. You never did anything irrational as adult, don't bother to actually answer b.c the answer should be yes... unless you like to lie to yourself. 

Edited by TBBills

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No humans are completely rational to think otherwise is wrong. You never did anything irrational as adult, don't bother to actually answer b.c the answer should be yes... unless you like to lie to yourself. 

You are a very confrontational person.

• Haha (+1) 1

"Chris Rock’s comedy tour sales surged, according to ticket reseller TickPick, after the comedian’s slapping by Will Smith on the Oscars stage drew global attention.

Tour ticket prices now cost a minimum of $341 on TickPick, up from a minimum of $46 per ticket on March 18, Variety reported."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-29/chris-rock-ticket-sales-surge-after-will-smith-s-oscar-slap

This, friends, is why this was a scripted event.  Rock, Smith and Wifey will ALL make out from this performance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

"Chris Rock’s comedy tour sales surged, according to ticket reseller TickPick, after the comedian’s slapping by Will Smith on the Oscars stage drew global attention.

Tour ticket prices now cost a minimum of $341 on TickPick, up from a minimum of $46 per ticket on March 18, Variety reported."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-29/chris-rock-ticket-sales-surge-after-will-smith-s-oscar-slap

This, friends, is why this was a scripted event.  Rock, Smith and Wifey will ALL make out from this performance.

That's the price people are asking, but what are people paying? 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Simply taking advantage of an opportunity.

22 hours ago, Augie said:

I had said 

I really don’t give a 💩 about these self-aggrandising people 

I neither condoned or condemned him. 

it’s all worthless Hollywood hoopla

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.