Should the Bills look into Derrius Guice?

FireChans

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Settling and being proven innocent (nobody is proven innocent btw) are different legal concepts from different legal systems. You can't settle a criminal case and you can't be proven guilty in a civil case. 

I make clear I know absolutely nothing about Guice's legal history. I never followed that story. But he deserves a presumption of innocence pending a finding to the alternative the same as anyone else. Even if he is a scumbag.

Actual innocence can be proven if (it is proven) there was no crime committed or it is proven someone other than the defendant committed it.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Actual innocence can be proven if (it is proven) there was no crime committed or it is proven someone other than the defendant committed it.

I take the point but legally you are innocent unless proven guilty. If you are found not guilty you are presumed innocent. Someone else being found guilty of the same offense may encourage people to believe you are innocent but in legal terms it doesn't alter the finding. The finding is not guilty. 

30 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

I'd rather Juice Newton 😄

image.png.75c0637b46902a85898a17552363d75f.png

Many, many years ago she opened for someone in a concert I attended. I had no interest in her act, but her band was great.  She was pretty good, too 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Wow.  Some ideas on here are worse than others.  Step on up to claim your prize. 

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I take the point but legally you are innocent unless proven guilty. If you are found not guilty you are presumed innocent. Someone else being found guilty of the same offense may encourage people to believe you are innocent but in legal terms it doesn't alter the finding. The finding is not guilty. 

Isn't it the opposite in the UK?  Guilty til proven innocent?

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Understood, but actual innocence can be proven in court, even with a not guilty verdict.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

3 separate domestics against his gf but settled out of court, 2 rapes, third case of him taking a nude pic of a girl without her consent and then sexually harassing a 74 year old lady. 

hard no. 

On the bright side he’s learned from his… actually… no… never mind. He’s still in baton rouge being awful.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I deleted my original post that was in favor of bringing him in because I had inaccurate info from a friend who told me he was both cleared and proven innocent of his off field stuff.  Wasn't true, settling is not being proven innocent.  My buddy went to LSU and was a big fan of his, so he had a skewed point of view lol.

So I withdraw my original statements which were made off incomplete info.  Im a pass on Guice, we have enough bad "Juice" in our historical fridge here lol. 

With near unanimous consensus even LSU fans don’t even want the guy and with kamara facing suspension he could be put to use. Your friend just sucks. 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

With near unanimous consensus even LSU fans don’t even want the guy and with kamara facing suspension he could be put to use. Your friend just sucks. 

I think its more he doesn't follow it all that closely to know the real details, hes not a bad dude, just a friend I play basketball with

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its more he doesn't follow it all that closely to know the real details, hes not a bad dude, just a friend I play basketball with

This whole topic was an elaborate ploy to expose @Alphadawg7's bball buddies

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Many, many years ago she opened for someone in a concert I attended. I had no interest in her act, but her band was great.  She was pretty good, too 

I was just trying to make a funny comment, but like so many bands in the 80's underrated compared to some of the super groups, very talented as well though. 

Guice has been accused multiple times of violent behavior toward women,  He was charged with violence against his girlfriend, and later those charges were dropped, the last of them in January 2021.  I wouldn't rule out signing him completely, but I would be extremely slow and cautious about making that decision and do all kinds of due diligence to discover how he is handling himself in relationships now.  I believe people can change, but in Guice's case, it's more than one woman and more than one occasion.  When it's a pattern like that, I'm more wary of it resurfacing, and I'd want some fairly strong reassurance he's past it.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I forgive him completely………if he makes 75% of his FT’s.

Otherwise, he’s dead to me…..

What’s his name again? 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.