New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are aware it doesn’t change the price you pay, right? It just moves a really good hunk of the payment up front. It’s similar to income tax. You pay the same amount at the bottom of the form whether you get a refund or write a check on April 15th. The only difference is whether the government held your money for you throughout the year. 😉

I'm talking about PSLs. You brought up leasing a car. PSLs don't work that way

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I do think they said you will be able to pay the PSL in installations 

Pretty sure you’ll have ability to pay at once, over 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, and I hope they will have an option after that. 10 years or even 15 years. It may be stupid with interest, but might get some people not able to pay a $5k+ PSL or even higher on a seat they normally wouldn’t be able to afford because of the PSL fees. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah I get sight lines. But can’t do anything about being a mile up from the field. 

It is what it is. But that’s part of my argument about the whole project and why I keep saying prepared to be disappointed. Or the fact that fans are going to have to make a decision. Either be up in the clouds or pay 5k+ for a PSL and 2-3k per season ticket. It’s just the reality of what’s going to happen imo. 

im trying to adopt your philosophy and hope to be pleasantly surprised. I feel like I’m getting better. 

My bigger concern is when they have too many levels of suites between the upper and lower decks. It tends to make those in the upper deck feel very detached from those sitting below, and of course from the field. I’m less concerned about the steeper upper deck (it won’t be like the orange section in the old Aud). As I said, if you attend anything at the Rose Bowl you’re more or less forced to stand the entire time because the bowl is super shallow…but it was obviously built in a much different era. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My bigger concern is when they have too many levels of suites between the upper and lower decks. It tends to make those in the upper deck feel very detached from those sitting below, and of course from the field. I’m less concerned about the steeper upper deck (it won’t be like the orange section in the old Aud). As I said, if you attend anything at the Rose Bowl you’re more or less forced to stand the entire time because the bowl is super shallow…but it was obviously built in a much different era. 

My end zones are like that now. I’ve pretty much stood for the entire game for every single game since 2006. Isn’t really much of an option not to. The sidelines and clubs aren’t as bad. At least the club seats I’ve sat in. 

I hope the new stadium will be similar. But I unfortunately do believe they will end up being Aud like in the 500 level. I hope I’m wrong. it likely won’t be that bad as I’m sure the regulations are much different now as what’s allowed and what’s not. But I really think it’s gonna be pretty bad. Like I said earlier, New Orleans was terrible in the upper levels. I’ve never felt so uncomfortable in a seat anywhere in my life. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It only being a 60,000 seat stadium instead of 80 or 90,000

Could that also make them feel closer and not as much detached 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 10-yard line and end zone
Coverage: Significant
Heating: Above seats
Food and beverage: A la carte
Annual price per seat: $2,400
One-time PSL: $5,150

Depending on how long I can stretch out the PSL payment, this would be about what I'm paying now for similar club seats in Highmark. But seeing as I only get to a few games a year, I may just not bother with getting seasons and instead buy reseller tickets for the games I want to go to.

6 hours ago, mrags said:

from what I’ve heard, many of these new stadiums feel this way. I almost went to LA last year for the opener and was looking at their 500 level seats. Based on the images I saw online it felt no different than what I experienced in NO. 

I caught some of WrestleMania last weekend, which was at SoFi. Seeing some of the shots they showed from the last rows of the upper deck between matches, I would not want seats up that high.  You'd need binoculars to see who was who, or watch the big screens the whole time. 

17 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Depending on how long I can stretch out the PSL payment, this would be about what I'm paying now for similar club seats in Highmark. But seeing as I only get to a few games a year, I may just not bother with getting seasons and instead buy reseller tickets for the games I want to go to.

I caught some of WrestleMania last weekend, which was at SoFi. Seeing some of the shots they showed from the last rows of the upper deck between matches, I would not want seats up that high.  You'd need binoculars to see who was who, or watch the big screens the whole time. 

Kind of where I’m at. If club seats or covered heated seats are extremely expensive with no reasonable PSL. And the only reasonable tickets are in 500s then I’m likely out. It’ll depend on how things go. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It only being a 60,000 seat stadium instead of 80 or 90,000

Could that also make them feel closer and not as much detached 

It should, but remember one of the ways that the Rose Bowl and Rich Stadium (among other older venues) got such a high total capacity was by installing simple bench seating and very long rows. When you change it all to individual seats with arm rests and shorter rows you lose a significant number of seats. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It should, but remember one of the ways that the Rose Bowl and Rich Stadium (among other older venues) got such a high total capacity was by installing simple bench seating and very long rows. When you change it all to individual seats with arm rests and shorter rows you lose a significant number of seats. 

yes. And no more bleacher seating ever. 

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I do think they said you will be able to pay the PSL in installations 

They're going to have to, a lot of fans, if they even opt for the approximate doubling of ticket prices as is, can't afford to pay for 2+ PSLs all at once.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Simon locked this topic