New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

This is good news!

Without the dome, hopefully they design it, to somehow, keep the wind elements to a minimum.

I read somewhere that 80% of the seats are protected from wind and precipitation. 

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

What does "Built For Buffalo" mean?

Extra wide seats?

• Haha (+1) 7

1 hour ago, boater said:

It means 550mil from the Pegula's...keeping in mind the 200mil from the NFL is only a loan from the NFL to the Pegula's, which they must pay back.

This is 100% wrong.

The Pegula’s don’t pay it back to the NFL.

The set-up of the NFL loan process for stadiums is that this money is removed from the visiting teams shares to pay back the loans.  

It is money that does not go into the shared pool and is “payed back” by all of the Owners - not the Pegula’s themselves.

By keeping the stadium at 60-62K. It adjusts for a shrinking population over the next 30 years. It also might be a case of pricing out the lowest market fan who tend to cause the most trouble in the stadium and the creation of PSL's and what they think the number is who can truly afford it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep,  hopefully it's built so that it can be fully enclosed later.    RWS was built for 14 game seasons that ended the second week in December.........once we get to 18 game seasons with 2 byes the season will be ending in late January and the conference playoffs could be wrapping up in late February.     January is the worst weather month in WNY but the season potentially extending 2 months deeper into winter in itself will be challenging...........especially for those who have to travel a long way to get to the stadium.   The un-tapped future of sports team revenue is milking patrons AFTER they are in the stadium so forcing them to make a business decision just to show up to your venue isn't profit-wise, IMO. 

Can the season start a week earlier ??

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I have no idea and this is going to be a pointless post that you should read at your own risk but I’m gonna say some of the seating areas are covered lol

I hope so.  otherwise good luck selling PSL season tix

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I do wish we could keep the same seating capacity (or *gasp* increase it), but otherwise can’t complain about keeping the Bills in WNY for 30+ years. 

“Siri, remind me to check on the Bills’ stadium lease in 2059.”

At the prices they are going to charge including PSL fee there will be many fans who get priced out unfortunately. They know this so that's why its 60-62K

18 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is 100% wrong.

The Pegula’s don’t pay it back to the NFL.

The set-up of the NFL loan process for stadiums is that this money is removed from the visiting teams shares to pay back the loans.  

It is money that does not go into the shared pool and is “payed back” by all of the Owners - not the Pegula’s themselves.

You are correct. My original source was wrong.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Rich was built in 14 months.. why the wait? theres no reason this cant be done in 2 years... 

It took 3 years to build MetLife right next to Giants Stadium. It was a pain in the ass with the parking those years. Both stadiums were standing which reduced the amount of parking spots. I would imagine it will be the same thing here.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

It took 3 years to build MetLife right next to Giants Stadium. It was a pain in the ass with the parking those years. Both stadiums were standing which reduced the amount of parking spots. I would imagine it will be the same thing here.

They should make a deal with McKinley Mall for extra parking with shuttle buses.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Ross Murdock said:

Exciting News!! Buffalo remains on the world stage and conscience by having an ultra-rare commodity. Our 58th largest US city and small snowy outpost will continue to have a very precious commodity. A franchise of the worlds most popular and exciting sport. In the coming years there will be NFL franchises in England - Germany - Spain - Canada - Mexico etc. Buffalo be part of the conversation whenever football is discussed Vs. being a Toledo, Omaha, or some other long forgotten place that is seldom thought of or mentioned... If in 1959 when Ralph Wilson uttered the words - "I'm purchasing an AFL franchise (For $25 grand!) for the city of Buffalo NY" he changed the course of history for this city for the better unlike anything else since. Period. Plus with the continuance of outdoor football (The only real kind). Buffalo maintains it's heritage of a tough, hard-scrabble town, where the inhabitance work hard, raise solid families, and go root for their football team, come rain or shine, snow or wind. We'll be their. LETS GO BUFFALLO!! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1