New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

All documents have been signed by the state. Look for them to start breaking ground soon. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/three-party-statement-on-completion-of-documents-for-the-new-stadium-project

Not if Buffalo Super Fan has anything to say about it!   And did you see the printed documents??  They aren’t even double-sided!  Typical for this incompetent government. Grrrrrrrr

• Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Nah. I've actually worked in broadcasting, early on as a radio dj, then later at a TV station as a video editor, so I know a little bit more about it than the average couch potato. 😉 Still though, $14 million on something that's not even 10 years old?! Sounds suspect to me.

Stadium Exec: “I want 8K across the board!!!”

Intern: ”Sir, 4k is the standard and 99% percent of fans watch the games in standard HD. 8K is years off and exponentially more expensive right now.”

Stadium Exec: ”Hmmmmmm….. whose going to have to pay for this again?”

Intern: “That would be the tax payers sir.”

Stadium Exec: “Well then……. 8K across the board!!!”

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I hope everyone’s favorite owner Terry Pegula is reading and watching why the Buffalo Bills shouldn’t have grass in the new Buffalo Bills stadium. Take a look at the Buffalo Bisons owning day postponed today unplayable playing conditions at Sahlen’s Field. Grass doesn’t do well in our rain and wind insanity that the Buffalo Bills are adding a grass field. The cost is expensive and good luck in December and January Bills games. Oh I forgot cost and expense only applies to a dome since the taxpayers are paying for maintenance of grass what is the difference right PSE?

“Howard Hughes like” Terry Pegula is a bum. Add Buffalo Bisons owner Bob Rich to the bum list you don’t have a back up tarp but community own Rochester Red Wings that are less profitable do? Today is unacceptable that you are spending all this money to make it major league quality for the minor league Toronto Blue Jays prospects and you don’t have a backup tarp that is a complete joke. Leadership have gone stupid today wanting all this expensive stuff and they cut out something important like a backup tarp. This is one of many examples how are leaders are incompetent today. I have zero respect, sympathy and belief in our elite leaders weather in politics or business there both incompetent failures all the way around today they are all incompetent. If they had a Time Machine like the movie “Austin Powers” BSF would be the first in line they can have all my possessions. And the technology BSF? It would be an adjustment because BSF has gone soft in his old age but I would adapt pretty quickly since I lived that life before. Yes they can keep the technology too because there is just too many incompetent people today.

Just not having to see Reggie Witherspoon run my Canisius Golden Griffins basketball team into the ground yearly speaking of incompetent leadership. Would be worth myself getting into the Time Machine to see the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, $5 Little Three Doubleheader basketball tickets free parking and AUD popcorn please someone in technology invent time travel in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Bisons! Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

okayyyy….yeah because baseball games getting postponed in the north in April due to weather is so out of the ordinary and rare….

And we’re now complaining about natural turf for the football stadium? I thought natural turf has shown to be safer and much preferred by players? And now it’s also a bad thing?

So much going on here. Backup tarp? Is the “primary” tarp broken? Ripped? 

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beast said:

What a clown post.

That is fine I have been called worse and I don’t care because I am old. Old people like myself don’t care. Oh boy some Buffalo fan said I had a clown post how am I going to pick up the pieces. The nice thing is we will see if I have a clown posts. The Buffalo fans will be the judge when they see the potential problems with grass in Buffalo in December and January games how natural grass is in the new Bills stadium. Again this city isn’t getting a MLS soccer team so I don’t understand the grass part of the new Bills stadium that PSE is insisting on. Grass is very expensive to maintain ask UB Bulls football whose season ends end of November got rid of grass and I never missed it as a fan. The turf today is really good the grass our climate struggles with it. I wonder if the Buffalo Bisons should have grass anymore with the longer IL season into September now. Especially if you are going to have other events I don’t get the grass it’s costly in our climate in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

That is fine I have been called worse and I don’t care because I am old. Old people like myself don’t care. Oh boy some Buffalo fan said I had a clown post how am I going to pick up the pieces. The nice thing is we will see if I have a clown posts. The Buffalo fans will be the judge when they see the potential problems with grass in Buffalo in December and January games how natural grass is in the new Bills stadium. Again this city isn’t getting a MLS soccer team so I don’t understand the grass part of the new Bills stadium that PSE is insisting on. Grass is very expensive to maintain ask UB Bulls football whose season ends end of November got rid of grass and I never missed it as a fan. The turf today is really good the grass our climate struggles with it. I wonder if the Buffalo Bisons should have grass anymore with the longer IL season into September now. Especially if you are going to have other events I don’t get the grass it’s costly in our climate in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Grass is safer for the athletes playing in it. You can say that turf is really nice now, but the fact is, a lot of the turfs out there have injury issues. Especially the turf in NO and Det which cost us both White and Miller in each of the last 2 years. 

The Bisons and UB have/had grass and it wasn’t great after a certain point because it’s just grass. No underground heaters like the new stadium will have. They’ve already stated that the grass will be a constant temp of 55*. Multiple European soccer stadiums have this tech now, as well as the Packers. Seems to work just fine. 

and it’s not coming out of your paycheck so I’m not sure why your worried about it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Grass is safer for the athletes playing in it. You can say that turf is really nice now, but the fact is, a lot of the turfs out there have injury issues. Especially the turf in NO and Det which cost us both White and Miller in each of the last 2 years. 

The Bisons and UB have/had grass and it wasn’t great after a certain point because it’s just grass. No underground heaters like the new stadium will have. They’ve already stated that the grass will be a constant temp of 55*. Multiple European soccer stadiums have this tech now, as well as the Packers. Seems to work just fine. 

and it’s not coming out of your paycheck so I’m not sure why your worried about it. 

The Buffalo Bills are a football team not a soccer team in Europe climate that isn’t a Orchard Park snow belt area. It’s apples and oranges. Green Bay Packers again aren’t in a snow belt area. The Buffalo Bills have had several games canceled because of blizzard snow ok so Buffalo isn’t these cities it’s unique. The New England Patriots aren’t moving games to Detroit. The idea is costly and with no MLS soccer team no reason to spend more money for grass. If grass was a good idea how come Ralph Wilson and the Buffalo Bills never talked about grass field? Maybe because he remembered what a mud pit War Memorial Stadium was?

Some Buffalo Bills will say water tablet whatever. Buffalo climate isn’t conducive for grass in December and January. It’s very costly to maintain and a unnecessary headache to deal with. Plus I don’t want Buffalo Bills stadium to be labeled a mud pit dump because of the bad grass from the media and opposing teams. Buffalo War Memorial Stadium the Buffalo Bills were the laughing stock of the NFL in old War Memorial Stadium the field was terrible watch YouTube you can see how bad it gets as the year gets towards December they are painting the lines on dirt it’s pathetic. Just no bad idea in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I get you as far as maintenance goes but if Green Bay can do it we can do it. It’s better for the players.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills are a football team not a soccer team in Europe climate that isn’t a Orchard Park snow belt area. It’s apples and oranges. Green Bay Packers again aren’t in a snow belt area. The Buffalo Bills have had several games canceled because of blizzard snow ok so Buffalo isn’t these cities it’s unique. The New England Patriots aren’t moving games to Detroit. The idea is costly and with no MLS soccer team no reason to spend more money for grass. If grass was a good idea how come Ralph Wilson and the Buffalo Bills never talked about grass field? Maybe because he remembered what a mud pit War Memorial Stadium was? People will

say water tablet whatever. Buffalo climate isn’t conducive for grass in December and January. It’s very costly to maintain and a unnecessary headache to deal with. Plus I don’t want Buffalo Bills stadium to be labeled a mud pit dump because of the bad grass from the media and opposing teams. Buffalo War Memorial Stadium the Buffalo Bills were the laughing stock of the NFL in old War Memorial Stadium the field was terrible watch YouTube you can see how bad it gets as the year gets towards December they are painting the lines on dirt it’s pathetic. Just no bad idea in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

if a game gets cancelled, postponed or moves due to a blizzard again it won’t be because of the natural turf. It’ll be because no one can get to the game. Sorta like what just happened. Your argument is weak.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills are a football team not a soccer team in Europe climate that isn’t a Orchard Park snow belt area. It’s apples and oranges. Green Bay Packers again aren’t in a snow belt area. The Buffalo Bills have had several games canceled because of blizzard snow ok so Buffalo isn’t these cities it’s unique. The New England Patriots aren’t moving games to Detroit. The idea is costly and with no MLS soccer team no reason to spend more money for grass. If grass was a good idea how come Ralph Wilson and the Buffalo Bills never talked about grass field? Maybe because he remembered what a mud pit War Memorial Stadium was?

Some Buffalo Bills will say water tablet whatever. Buffalo climate isn’t conducive for grass in December and January. It’s very costly to maintain and an unnecessary headache to deal with. Plus I don’t want Buffalo Bills stadium to be labeled a mud pit dump because of the bad grass from the media and opposing teams. Buffalo War Memorial Stadium the Buffalo Bills were the laughing stock of the NFL in old War Memorial Stadium the field was terrible watch YouTube you can see how bad it gets as the year gets towards December they are painting the lines on dirt it’s pathetic. Just no bad idea in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The technology warming the fields has become incredible apparently. You can say all you want about snow issues. But the fact is the snow cancelled the games in the last few years because of transportation issues to and from the stadium. Not because the field was covered with snow. 

You can bring up how no other teams are in the snow belt. But that’s also not the issue. The issue is cold and grass growing and surviving in the winter. Plenty of teams in cold climates have grass. Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Cleveland.

Green Bay and Chicago may not get the snow like we do being in the snow belt but they get enough. The bigger issue is they are colder than Buffalo and they do just fine. 

again, not sure what the issue is. I’m sore if it becomes an issue they can just switch it in the future just like how the Pats changed from grass to turf. And just like how multiple teams, like the Bills have switched from turf to different turf about 3 times in the last 10 years. 

not your money, don’t worry about it. The Bills will be responsible for the upkeep on it. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

If grass was a good idea how come Ralph Wilson and the Buffalo Bills never talked about grass field? 

Ralph was cheap.  Seriously though the underground heating units they have now keeps the grass from freezing.  Players prefer grass surfaces.  Some NFL owners have the foresight to spend a few extra million a year on maintaining grass fields to avoid billion dollars in lawsuits from players down the road who will claim their CTE could've been prevented if the NFL implemented an all grass fields policy.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ralph was cheap.  Seriously though the underground heating units they have now keeps the grass from freezing.  Players prefer grass surfaces.  Some NFL owners have the foresight to spend a few extra million a year on maintaining grass fields to avoid billion dollars in lawsuits from players down the road who will claim their CTE could've been prevented if the NFL implemented an all grass fields policy.

^———— add this to my recent argument. 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

I get you as far as maintenance goes but if Green Bay can do it we can do it. It’s better for the players.

The Buffalo Bills would have been better off renovating the upper deck removing a lot the seats to create the artificial Bills ticket demand with less seats. Highmark Stadium dome it, technology it and building around Highmark Stadium like the Green Bay Packers would have been better money spent because then Bills fans get the dome Highmark Stadium should have had 50 years ago with things built around the stadium so it doesn’t look so E-I-E-I-O. Keep the turf but switch back to the red end zones and the Bills helmet at the 50 yard line but staying at Highmark Stadium would have been a better option choice than this because we are paying mostly for the high steel cost and high labor costs today. Your still spending the same money but getting more with a renovation. The Buffalo fan with a renovation of Highmark Stadium would then have the money for a dome and the stuff built around Highmark Stadium that Bills fans aren’t getting with this new Bills stadium just a modern stadium structure of the same as Highmark Stadium. I think that is why a lot of the disappointment among Buffalo fans we aren’t getting Green Bay Packers Land. Buffalo fans are getting a cheaper vision of Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones world which sounds awful actually in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You realize Ralph Wilson was a AFL champion back to back in years 4 and 5 from a start up Buffalo Bills franchise in 1964 and 1965. Also Ralph Wilson protected the Buffalo community more he had a little bit more of a heart compared to Terry Pegula. When has Terry Pegula had a press conference about the new Buffalo Bills stadium? If he believes the new Bills stadium is so wonderful why is he hiding behind lawyers? Look at the Kansas City Royals stadium that opened in 1973. The Kansas City Royals owner was talking about the new Royals stadium with pride it’s on YouTube 1972 and 1973 Kansas City Royals highlight film. Where is Terry Pegula not his lawyers and public relations where is Terry Pegula? He needs to own this new Bills stadium be accountable put your name on it pose for pictures answer the questions directly from the Buffalo media why this or why that in his own words. Not the Buffalo Bills public relations people Terry Pegula that is least he can do for $850 million dollars. Ralph Wilson was a man remember that he didn’t hide from anyone. Same with Seymour and Norty Knox they were men that spoke for themselves not hiding behind a team of lawyers and public relations people. Love him or hate him Ralph Wilson was a man who spoke for himself. Ralph Wilson at least gave interviews with the local media explaining the Bills ownership side. Terry Pegula never faces the music or ever takes any accountability for anything with the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres which is sad in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo