New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Don’t worry the Buffalo Bills and New York State building that stadium regardless of the cost it will be built. I BSF guarantee it because it’s poorly designed cheaply so it will be the new Rich Stadium built on the cheap. “Trust the processes” of terrible big Buffalo projects we are the World Champions of bad big projects so it will happen it’s destiny for Buffalo. Just turn up the music Buffalo got the spirit talking proud, talking proud play that don’t think the Buffalo Bills and New York State don’t want Buffalo fans to think. I know BSF go to bed your old in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You would think Terry Pegula would be able to afford to renovate his own stadium and arena? PSE has no excuses win a championship I don’t want to hear excuses from that cheap bum in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

that Grand Island visitor’s center is AWESOME, though 

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m saying the Buffalo Niagara metropolitan region is vastly big enough to support the bills

And I'll say what I originally said, the Buffalo area/WNY, is easily, by a country mile, the smallest financially based team that presently hosts an NFL team.  Cincinnati is notably bigger in that regard.  It's a fact that if we currently did not have a team, that we would never be on the short-list for getting one, ever.  It's a diminishing city and region no matter how it's spun.  Yeah, I get it, we all grew up here and love it, but that doesn't matter a hill of beans to the NFL.  Who knows what Pegula's interests are other than family wealth and lifestyle uber alles as he/Kim have already made plainly known, but it's not keeping the team in Buffalo over that.  He's told us as much.  

I, as with you, believe that it should revolve around the fans and at reasonable ticket prices.  But as others have pointed out, that's not the NFL's model anymore.  TV revenues (largely streaming) have long been the big "chunk of change" for the NFL, with cheap seats being second.  We're not living in the 80s.  

Someone on here even provided evidence that the NFL doesn't care who buys the tickets and that a good number of ticket agencies that package up ticket/travel/hotel deals will be buying them (and the associated PSLs) to resell.  That's believeable.  

After TV revenue, and that's largely from streaming, not from local viewing, the luxury seating and corporate accommodations are the next biggest overall driver.  It's a similar model in that regard to airline seat economics.  It's a very informative video.  

Again, someone else here pointed out that the new NFL model is to price out the riff-raff in favor of a "white collar" crowd.   Also believeable.  Who needs, or wants, a bunch of ######ed drunks running around the stadium during games bumping into people and causing problems.  

This has almost nothing to do with fans willing to pay $100 to see a game.  Almost all tickets in the new stadium are going to cost well over $200 if their survey is to be believed, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be.  Cheap tix will be maybe $120 for the upper deck corners.  Plus PSLs.  I calculated the center upper deckss to be $205 (9 home games) and about $230 (8 home games, plus PSLs of course.  Even secondary market prices weren't that high for most of the season up there.  

This has almost nothing to do with the amount of fans willing to go to games if the tickets are reasonably priced.  They're not going to be reasonably priced by the statements of many here even.  The league wants to sell the luxury seating more than anything.  

Anyway, if that still doesn't make sense, no worries.  I'm tired of discussing this.  :)  

The NFL has plenty of information out there online in a free google search to let anyone that wants to know what their goals are.  It's not what we currenty have in Buffalo.  Many consider Bills tailgating videos to be a blight in the NFL's marketing.  While we think that some things are funny or merely "in line with Bills Mafia," the NFL and others don't view it the same way.  Videos online of two people screwing in the parking lot, dildos thrown onto the field, people getting seriously injured tailgating because they're more stupid and drunk than they are sensible, etc. aren't exactly what the NFL, or even the Bills front office, want to see.  That's the exact kind of stuff that the NFL's trying to cut down on.  Buffalo isn't flying under their radar.  It's all gotten noticed, believe me.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

And I'll say what I originally said, the Buffalo area/WNY, is easily, by a country mile, the smallest financially based team that presently hosts an NFL team.  Cincinnati is notably bigger in that regard.  It's a fact that if we currently did not have a team, that we would never be on the short-list for getting one, ever.  It's a diminishing city and region no matter how it's spun.  Yeah, I get it, we all grew up here and love it, but that doesn't matter a hill of beans to the NFL.  Who knows what Pegula's interests are other than family wealth and lifestyle uber alles as he/Kim have already made plainly known, but it's not keeping the team in Buffalo over that.  He's told us as much.  

I, as with you, believe that it should revolve around the fans and at reasonable ticket prices.  But as others have pointed out, that's not the NFL's model anymore.  TV revenues (largely streaming) have long been the big "chunk of change" for the NFL, with cheap seats being second.  We're not living in the 80s.  

Someone on here even provided evidence that the NFL doesn't care who buys the tickets and that a good number of ticket agencies that package up ticket/travel/hotel deals will be buying them (and the associated PSLs) to resell.  That's believeable.  

After TV revenue, and that's largely from streaming, not from local viewing, the luxury seating and corporate accommodations are the next biggest overall driver.  It's a similar model in that regard to airline seat economics.  It's a very informative video.  

Again, someone else here pointed out that the new NFL model is to price out the riff-raff in favor of a "white collar" crowd.   Also believeable.  Who needs, or wants, a bunch of ######ed drunks running around the stadium during games bumping into people and causing problems.  

This has almost nothing to do with fans willing to pay $100 to see a game.  Almost all tickets in the new stadium are going to cost well over $200 if their survey is to be believed, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be.  Cheap tix will be maybe $120 for the upper deck corners.  Plus PSLs.  I calculated the center upper deckss to be $205 (9 home games) and about $230 (8 home games, plus PSLs of course.  Even secondary market prices weren't that high for most of the season up there.  

This has almost nothing to do with the amount of fans willing to go to games if the tickets are reasonably priced.  They're not going to be reasonably priced by the statements of many here even.  The league wants to sell the luxury seating more than anything.  

Anyway, if that still doesn't make sense, no worries.  I'm tired of discussing this.  :)  

The NFL has plenty of information out there online in a free google search to let anyone that wants to know what their goals are.  It's not what we currenty have in Buffalo.  Many consider Bills tailgating videos to be a blight in the NFL's marketing.  While we think that some things are funny or merely "in line with Bills Mafia," the NFL and others don't view it the same way.  Videos online of two people screwing in the parking lot, dildos thrown onto the field, people getting seriously injured tailgating because they're more stupid and drunk than they are sensible, etc. aren't exactly what the NFL, or even the Bills front office, want to see.  That's the exact kind of stuff that the NFL's trying to cut down on.  Buffalo isn't flying under their radar.  It's all gotten noticed, believe me.  

Most of what you said is your opinion not a fact

The NFL loves Buffalo

Hence why they were pushing them to make a new stadium to keep the team

If the league wanted to rip them from the city… They could’ve told Terry on the down low wait till the lease runs out and don’t get a new stadium

Then you can move where you want

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Don’t worry the Buffalo Bills and New York State building that stadium regardless of the cost it will be built. I BSF guarantee it because it’s poorly designed cheaply so it will be the new Rich Stadium built on the cheap. “Trust the processes” of terrible big Buffalo projects we are the World Champions of bad big projects so it will happen it’s destiny for Buffalo. Just turn up the music Buffalo got the spirit talking proud, talking proud play that don’t think the Buffalo Bills and New York State don’t want Buffalo fans to think. I know BSF go to bed your old in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You would think Terry Pegula would be able to afford to renovate his own stadium and arena? PSE has no excuses win a championship I don’t want to hear excuses from that cheap bum in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Just curious, is your screen name meant to be ironical? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Most of what you said is your opinion not a fact

The NFL loves Buffalo

Hence why they were pushing them to make a new stadium to keep the team

Not true.  But you're completely missing the crux of the matter.  So let's simply agree to disagree.  I'm good with that.  :) 

BTW, I have no idea how you read all that and watched a 12 minute video in 60 seconds.  So I don't even think that you're reading what I wrote.  You certainly didn't watch the video.  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Not true.  But you're completely missing the crux of the matter.  So let's simply agree to disagree.  I'm good with that.  :) 

BTW, I have no idea how you read all that and watched a 12 minute video in 60 seconds.  So I don't even think that you're reading what I wrote.  You certainly didn't watch the video.  

Well I certainly read what you wrote

I used to read hundreds of books a year.. Great reader

Absolutely did not watch the video

And we can agree to disagree

go bills!

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I predicted this in a post a couple of days ago along with the belief escalating costs from inflation could delay or cease the construction. 

Here's what I don't understand, originally the excavation was to begin towards the end of last season, as posed by the powers that be behind this.  Then it was moved to not later than April 1st.  The more recently they said June is when the "big digging" (their words contrasting with merely site work) would begin.  

Now in todays BN piece Raccuia states that parking won't be significantly impacted.  Why not?  How not?  Even a conservative estimate of the space required to "big dig" just the field along with some area around it would eliminate most of what is now Lot 4 and even some of the RV Lot.  They're also not going to take the equipment off-site every day, that'd be ridiculous.  How can they start the "big digging" but have people still parking where or even next to where it's being dug?   Eventually it's going to have to be a lot more than that.  

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I certainly read what you wrote

I used to read hundreds of books a year.. Great reader

Absolutely did not watch the video

And we can agree to disagree

go bills!

BTW, that video is extremely interesting, even outside the context of this conversation.  It's well worth a view.  

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Here's what I don't understand, originally the excavation was to begin towards the end of last season, as posed by the powers that be behind this.  Then it was moved to not later than April 1st.  The more recently they said June is when the "big digging" (their words contrasting with merely site work) would begin.  

Now in todays BN piece Raccuia states that parking won't be significantly impacted.  Why not?  How not?  Even a conservative estimate of the space required to "big dig" just the field along with some area around it would eliminate most of what is now Lot 4 and even some of the RV Lot.  They're also not going to take the equipment off-site every day, that'd be ridiculous.  How can they start the "big digging" but have people still parking where or even next to where it's being dug?   Eventually it's going to have to be a lot more than that.  

BTW, that video is extremely interesting, even outside the context of this conversation.  It's well worth a view.  

I will watch it I was talking to some family so didn’t have 15 min

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Your WGR schtick is wearing rather thin on multiple people in this community.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, corta765 said:

why in gods green earth does Grand Island have a f*cking vistors center

Because the Pegulas are going to buy a baseball team and move them on Whitehaven rd right near the only Tops  on the island. It’s going to be the baseball Mecca of the area. Except it will be built with a dome. Unlike all the other Buffalo Suburb sports teams. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

why in gods green earth does Grand Island have a f*cking vistors center

I suspect there was some sort of plan between the state, Canada/border, Loves, and Amazon.  

They were going to build a giant Loves truck stop here (residents called bloody murder and monkey-wrenched it).  I had heard a rumor that what they wanted to do was pre-check and weigh trucks there for border crossings.  The welcome-center thing was built around that time.... when the Amazon thing was announced it made some more sense.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

lol, I knew what this was going to be before I even opened the link.

My mistake, I guess the model has been out for a while because my grandma already has one. Looks like they are playing the Browns 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1