Jump to content

New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached


jletha
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I’d love to know the PSL price ranges sooner than later, just to set up expectations.

Regarding the Raiders:

 

How much does a PSL cost?

The price will vary, but expect to spend at least $500-$1,000 per PSL. In that price range, you will likely sit in the last few rows of the upper deck in an end zone seat. If you want seats 25 rows from the field on the 50-yard line, start saving your money now — the Atlanta Falcons sold those PSLs for $45,000 per seat, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which opens this season.

At an average cost of $4,000 per PSL, the Raiders plan to raise at least $250 million toward building the new 65,000-seat stadium.  :(

 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/24/faq-psls-personal-seat-licenses-raiders-stadium/#:~:text=How much does a PSL,in an end zone seat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Regarding the Raiders:

 

How much does a PSL cost?

The price will vary, but expect to spend at least $500-$1,000 per PSL. In that price range, you will likely sit in the last few rows of the upper deck in an end zone seat. If you want seats 25 rows from the field on the 50-yard line, start saving your money now — the Atlanta Falcons sold those PSLs for $45,000 per seat, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which opens this season.

At an average cost of $4,000 per PSL, the Raiders plan to raise at least $250 million toward building the new 65,000-seat stadium.  :(

 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/24/faq-psls-personal-seat-licenses-raiders-stadium/#:~:text=How much does a PSL,in an end zone seat.

 

The article says it’ll be starting at $1000 per at minimum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic news for WNY and all Bills fans!  I was 4 years old at the first ever game in the Rockpile, made it to my seat in 1973 for the first ever game at Rich Stadium just before kickoff (which off course Mul-Key returns for a TD), and will God willing be there for the first ever game in the new stadium.  My grandchildren (if I have any) will be able to maintain the tradition of being Bills fans going to the games in Buffalo!!

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

At an average cost of $4,000 per PSL, the Raiders plan to raise at least $250 million toward building the new 65,000-seat stadium.  :(

 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/24/faq-psls-personal-seat-licenses-raiders-stadium/#:~:text=How much does a PSL,in an end zone seat.

 

 

"NFL teams often offer financing arrangements, advertised on the same web page containing PSL information. For example, Atlanta’s PSL financing requires a down payment of 40 percent and then annual payments on the remaining 60 percent over nine years at 8.5 percent annual interest."

 

On a $4,000 PSL, that's $1,600 (40%) down and $392 per year for nine years...

.

Edited by Shake_My_Head
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

 

"NFL teams often offer financing arrangements, advertised on the same web page containing PSL information. For example, Atlanta’s PSL financing requires a down payment of 40 percent and then annual payments on the remaining 60 percent over nine years at 8.5 percent annual interest."

 

On a $4,000 PSL, that's $1,600 (40%) down and $365 per year for ten years...

 

Anybody paying 8.5% interest is being ripped off.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Someone in one of the 400 dome vs open air threads had a really nice explanation of how they messed up the wind modeling in the current stadium and I can’t remember which thread it was 😂

We didn't really do that type of 'modeling' back in the early 970's. Virtual design tools have come a long way since then.  They'll get it right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Seems like a fair deal all around especially with earlier estimates noting that NYS would be funding 1 billion.

 

I wonder if City of Austin still has time to swing a deal for move as in original article with estimate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

 

Anybody paying 8.5% interest is being ripped off.

 

Those were 2017 rates, shown for example.    It would more likely be 5%-6% today.   That would reduce the annual payment to the $330 to $355 range...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I still don’t think so after arguing about this topic all of last season 😂 josh threw the ball into the wind in a hurricane just fine…no other human could do that.  I do think the one field wind will be minimized in this new stadium though 

 

 

Josh Allen will not play half for at least half of those 30 years and arm strength weakens over time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How does it make sense to build a new stadium with LESS seats than the current stadium despite taking up 600,000 more square footage?  I mean it literally has a 66% bigger footprint than old stadium but 8000 less seats.  
 

Especially for a team that sells out every home game regardless of weather or how good or bad the team is.

 

8,000 less seats is almost 12% less seats than the current stadium.  That’s just gonna make tickets cost even more and harder to get.  
 

Bills literally just made a deal to build the second smallest stadium in the NFL in terms of seating capacity.  Only Soldier field will have less seats (only 500 less seats).

 

This makes no sense, why have less Bills Mafia at each home game?  Best and loudest fan base in the league.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Simon unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...