New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

19 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Weird.. I did the survey too but I didn't get questions about PSL or seating options and such.  I think the questions might change based on answer given?  I put that I don't plan to buy tickets on one of the questions, so maybe that's why.

I saw a lot of PSL questions in my survey. Many already described here. It appears PSLs could be as low as $600 or up to $10K. Ticket prices could range from $68 to $$$$$. 

11 hours ago, mrags said:

Not that I have any idea what I’m talking about with this kind of stuff. But why would Populous move in for a temporary project that they don’t even need to be here to complete. 

pretty sure that Turner Construction received the bid to actually build the stadium that Populous designs. They have offices here in the area and wouldn’t have a need to build any more space or offices. 

Good question.    There is going to be a lot of complex fabrication necessary and maybe they want to do it locally where Populous could control the output better.   That is the kind of work that plant is designed to do.   

4 hours ago, nucci said:

And how often is that? I sat in similar seats for Bills game at old Eagles stadium. Couldn't see anything. Worst seats I ever had

My totally unscientific survey of the 2021 complete (Pre, Reg, Post) season for scoring (FG and TD) in each end zone was 24 scores in the Scoreboard End Zone, 29 in the Tunnel End Zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, nucci said:

And how often is that? I sat in similar seats for Bills game at old Eagles stadium. Couldn't see anything. Worst seats I ever had

Again. All opinion. When they are in your end zone they are awesome. But you do you. I will likely be buying seats in the new stadium between the 25-40s based on projected ticket prices that are actually real yet. But I have always lived down at field level or close to in when they are in your end zone. 

15 hours ago, GottaRun said:

Those are seats for people who are interested in being on TV, not for people who want to watch a football game.  They cost more than I pay for a lower level Bills sideline seat on the 20.  

Or people that love being part of the game when it’s at its craziest. It’s not about being in TV for some people. But it is about the experience. 

ive got season tix in the tunnel side end zone, 14 rows up from the field. I  only sat in those seats maybe 2 times last year. The rest of the time I was in the Toyota club. It is absolutely a different feel for the game. One is about being loud and rowdy. Yelling. Screaming. Getting involved with the crowd. And the other is like watching it on my couch while sitting on my hands. And god forbid if I stand up for 6 seconds even after a big play, because the snotty prick behind me will call over security because they can’t see the game at all. 

huge differences. I like them both for different reasons. But neither is better than the other overall. Just depends on what kind of mood your in. 

16 hours ago, nucci said:

Like 8-10 times a game on offense or defense pretty much. 

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good question.    There is going to be a lot of complex fabrication necessary and maybe they want to do it locally where Populous could control the output better.   That is the kind of work that plant is designed to do.   

You may be right. I’m just not buying it.  Populous isn’t making anything. They are the architects. Turner construction was awarded the bid and will be utilizing mostly local businesses throughout. Just my guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

My heart bleeds for Danny. But please don't conflate the DC Metro area economy with WNY. DC is a place where an owner can spend his own money on a palace and make it back. (Well maybe not Dan Snyder.)

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

without the ability to wear a bills hat on a trip in Disney and yell, “go bills!” Or get such utter joy and then multiple reposts for a picture of a guy wear long a bills t-shirt in the 3rd row at the Masters…

who are we truly as a community?  What else is there?

Not sure Commander fans have such burdens that lock them ball and chain to the demands of a owner and his football team.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Zero point in them even thinking about a new stadium, if Snyder is forced to sell in the not-too-distant future.

Exactly.  Snyder is so despised I don’t know how he goes out in public safely.  The day his ownership ends, I would bet the RFK site and other options will be back on the table.  DC loves that team like no other, but Snyder, his minions and all their BS has pulled the organization into the gutter.  Most don’t want to be bothered with him (fans, politicos, etc.)

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My guess is they’ll release something around camp time or when camp ends.

I recall a statement in the press conference that indicated we would see images in a few months. We passed that time frame. I want pics!!

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I recall a statement in the press conference that indicated we would see images in a few months. We passed that time frame. I want pics!!

Same here I can’t to see it 

On 6/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

My heart bleeds for Danny. But please don't conflate the DC Metro area economy with WNY. DC is a place where an owner can spend his own money on a palace and make it back. (Well maybe not Dan Snyder.)

Not confusing economic environments BUT at least WNY had site options for a stadium. 

Virginia has already said NO.  DC, for some reason is clinging to their version of the Rockpile (RFK), and is also saying NO.  That leaves Maryland, with limited options far enough away from Baltimore, to be viable for a DC team.  Maybe $$$ can't buy happiness?

3 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Not confusing economic environments BUT at least WNY had site options for a stadium. 

Virginia has already said NO.  DC, for some reason is clinging to their version of the Rockpile (RFK), and is also saying NO.  That leaves Maryland, with limited options far enough away from Baltimore, to be viable for a DC team.  Maybe $$$ can't buy happiness?

RFK was scheduled to be demolished this year. Has that changed?