Jump to content

New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached


jletha
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:


The coefficients required for snow loads would make that roof really expensive to build without impacting site lines with traditional columns.   They would have to get super creative. 

Creativity is part of the job, but new technology/building materials (ETFE plastic) makes this a much easier task these days. They don't have to be as creative as you think. Columns obviously won't be needed and they plan on temp-control features for every seat in the stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Hey, did you guys know that the firm building the new Bills stadium is the same one who built the Tottenham Hotspurs stadium???

 

Who are the Gugenheim Hotpeppers, you ask?

 

No ***** idea.

You really need to get out more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Creativity is part of the job, but new technology/building materials (ETFE plastic) makes this a much easier task these days. They don't have to be as creative as you think. Columns obviously won't be needed and they plan on temp-control features for every seat in the stadium.


 

What I found interesting was when he talked about Temperature controlled features - I am not sure he was talking about seating.  It sounded more like the concourses would be wide enough and protected from temperature to allow fans in many sections to go “inside” and be warm.  It also sounded like you would still be able to view the games - so I really pictured like in Miami - a wide concourse where people can stay warm and lots of video monitors to show the action.

 

The seats will be protected by overhangs allowing some temperature control, but I think more of the concourses will be closed and protected giving warm zones for people at the game.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

What I found interesting was when he talked about Temperature controlled features - I am not sure he was talking about seating.  It sounded more like the concourses would be wide enough and protected from temperature to allow fans in many sections to go “inside” and be warm.  It also sounded like you would still be able to view the games - so I really pictured like in Miami - a wide concourse where people can stay warm and lots of video monitors to show the action.

 

The seats will be protected by overhangs allowing some temperature control, but I think more of the concourses will be closed and protected giving warm zones for people at the game.  

Maybe that's what he meant, but he made it sound like there will be some form of temperature controlled feature at every seating area, besides the overhang which doesn't fall under that category. What form that takes, I have no idea. I wonder how feasible a central heating system would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Maybe that's what he meant, but he made it sound like there will be some form of temperature controlled feature at every seating area, besides the overhang which doesn't fall under that category. What form that takes, I have no idea. I wonder how feasible a central heating system would be.


That was the word that made me think it would not be heating at the individual seats, but something like those warming lamps on the ceiling in the more enclosed concourse.

 

He specifically said each seating area would have temperature control features available.

 

When I first heard things - I was thinking something like seat warmers or the heat lamps in the stadium, but my guess is their plan would be for warmers to be in the concourse and give people a place to warm up out of the weather.

 

It is only a guess, but he used some very specific wording versus how the question was asked.

 

 

Edited by Rochesterfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious who is responsible for the cost overruns- because it would shocking if everything cost as projected 

Not sure how true it is, but it's been said multiple times that the Pegulas are responsible for that and they're the only ones with a "+" after their dollar amount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not sure how true it is, but it's been said multiple times that the Pegulas are responsible for that and they're the only ones with a "+" after their dollar amount.

That obviously makes sense, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep, I was thinking that after the 30 year lease is up, I’ll be 101 y/o when the next one opens.

 

And Tom Brady will be on his 16th NFL team (The Mars Marauders) going for his 23rd Universe (formerly Super) Bowl. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious who is responsible for the cost overruns- because it would shocking if everything cost as projected 

 

37 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not sure how true it is, but it's been said multiple times that the Pegulas are responsible for that and they're the only ones with a "+" after their dollar amount.


 

Actually the county executive talked about this.  The Pegula’s will be responsible for cost overruns if it is related to changes and updates they want with the stadium.

 

If the state or county wants additional changes or things overrun because of their decisions/delay - they will have a contingency fund to pay those overruns.

 

The idea is most overruns should be of a nature the Pegula’s will pay, but not all overruns will fall to them.

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Other cities without the NFL would include places like....Austin, Tucson, Louisville, Orlando, Raleigh-Durham....Any Canadian City including Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver......not saying I don't want the Bills but just saying.  Without an NFL team life goes on, and often times the money spent on those teams get re-allocated other places and generates other entertainment options.

 

Again, I do not want the Bills to leave Buffalo at all, but I have to admit I have thought of what it would be like in WNY without the Bills and what may pop up in the void they leave for people to do with their entertainment dollar/time.

 

With all due respect, this post makes no sense at all.  OF COURSE if the Bills aren't there people would have to find other things to do, but it's not what anyone wants because the Bills have been there for more than 60 FREAKING YEARS.  None of those other cities you mention know what they're missing.

 

It's like saying, "I really love my wife, and I don't want her to leave, but if she does leave I guess I'd have to look for something else to spend my time on because look at all those other single people - they seem fine."

 

Jesus.

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nah, you've made it weird.

I'm not sure why you took it there. The Architects for the Bills new stadium are known around the world for their expertise in the design of sports stadiums. Just because you apparently hadn't heard of their work at Tottenham (one of their newest and best known projects) is no reason to make fun of the Architect or the Tottenham sports team itself. I'm pretty sure the London based Hotspurs have a significantly higher market dollar value than the Buffalo Bills.  I believe the point of those posting about that stadium is simply to let everyone know that 'our' Bills new home is in very talented design hands.

Go Bills! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Hochul settles suit with Seneca Nation and pledges the state’s share, $418 million, toward the new Bills stadium.

 

https://auburnpub.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/hochul-states-share-of-seneca-nations-564m-payment-will-go-to-bills-stadium/article_5e6ba56e-43dd-56a7-b754-44156590ca97.html

 

 

 

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There sure are a lot of stories complaining about all the public money being spent on the Bills new stadium. A lot of those stories seem to be coming from New York City.  
 

Now, where would most of that $600 million of New York State tax dollars ended up being spent if not for Buffalo……….now the large number of articles makes sense. 

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Simon unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...