New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Chicago is a world-class city with billions and billions of dollars of revenue

The fact anybody compares any other teams in the league to Buffalo shows how Little they think critically

There’s not one fortune 500 company in Buffalo… 

Not one

Hence we need public funding

It’s a simple as this Mr. troll… Do you want the bills or no?

If you do you should be ecstatic they will be here for your childrens children 

This was brought up. There’s a $850m fee to move the team within the first 15 years. Chump change really for multi-billionaires that are buying teams now. Like I said earlier. You’re not getting the Terry Pegulas and Tom Galisanos of the world buying sports franchises anymore. You’re getting The Waltons, Jeff Bezos’ of the world. They have no worries in the world losing out in $850m after spending some of their 40B+ to buy a new team. They would easily recoup that by working it into a deal with whatever city they moved to. Fully funded stadiums, etc. 

after 15 years is up the price drops every year. 

so don’t be so sure the Bills will be in your children’s lives in Buffalo NY as long as you think. Just saying. 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not trying to be political. At least not in the traditional Left v Right sense. It’s apparent that the State wanted to invest in this project.  No? 

I feel like part of that is the fact that there technically isn’t a team in NY. Would be a huge failure I think. Idk. 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

But that doesn’t put money into the Buffalo Bills or the other NFL teams pockets. I think tailgating is going to be redefined by the Buffalo Bills to inside the Bills Jerry Jones world stadium gates with the Bills, NFL getting fans money. Also don’t discount the 6% surcharge the Bills have the right to use to there choosing at some point on sales of tickets, food and merchandise it was in the Watson Buffalo News Article. If Bills fans can’t see the way this is going I don’t know really anything more I can say. See I guess my point is why cut corners on the new Bills stadium because the Bills fan is paying going NFL rate either way. The Ralph Wilson Highmark Stadium, parking lots tailgate Buffalo Bills are over after 2025 enjoy the next couple of years. I think some Bills fans thought mistaking so time will tell great Orchard Park location, across the street nothing will change to the Bills tailgating experience is a huge assumption in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I’ve been saying this since before they actually started talking about the new stadium publicly. To the people that think things are going to continue are going to be in for a rude awakening. One of the reasons why I wanted a city stadium when everyone else just wanted it in OP because they couldn’t think of losing their precious tailgating.  Well, time will tell, but I believe the tailgating as we know it, days are over and it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Why wasn’t there a vote on public funding? Here in SD, we voted down a public funding measure for the chargers and they bolted. SD is in much better financial shape than Buffalo.     

If Buffalo cannot build an appropriate stadium (dome) in an appropriate location (city) take the public funding off the table until it can be voted on.  As a voter, The billionaire owner should pay 100%

So……if you can’t have it YOUR way, shut it down. I’m afraid you don’t have the clout. These decisions are being made by people with clout, and we are not on that list. 

In Atlanta they moved the Braves stadium from a very sketchy area to an area (The Battery)  about 3 miles from my house. It’s surrounded by a terrific development with restaurants, bars, apartments, hotels and theaters on 65 acres. The funny part was there was ZERO public discussion until it was announced. I don’t know how it was funded and I’m not saying this is related to the Bills situation, but it’s just crazy how these things can work out behind the scenes with no public input. I absolutely LOVE the result in this case, to be honest. But decisions like that could also be awful, so I question the process more than the result. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

So……if you can’t have it YOUR way, shut it down. I’m afraid you don’t have the clout. These decisions are being made by people with clout, and we are not on that list. 

In Atlanta they moved the Braves stadium from a very sketchy area to an area (The Battery)  about 3 miles from my house. It’s surrounded by a terrific development with restaurants, bars, apartments, hotels and theaters on 65 acres. The funny part was there was ZERO public discussion until it was announced. I don’t know how it was funded and I’m not saying this is related to the Bills situation, but it’s just crazy how these things can work out behind the scenes with no public input. I absolutely LOVE the result in this case, to be honest. But decisions like that could also be awful, so I question the process more than the result. 

Speak for yourself Augie... I gots the Clout!!!:wub:

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not trying to be political. At least not in the traditional Left v Right sense. It’s apparent that the State wanted to invest in this project.  No? 

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That is a really good question and honestly living here for 55 years I don’t know? The state does sports projects big and small. Honestly I lived here too long. I don’t trust the process in decades after the 1970’s it has been a huge decline to what we are now a bottom 50’s market it’s really sad if you saw where we were to where we are today. Buffalo and Western New York isn’t happening these cities that were Cowtowns have past Buffalo by years ago and we continue to be stuck on poor decisions making when it comes to large development projects. That the state and the Buffalo Bills were leading the decision making and we were there to bring the coffee and donuts is sad. Buffalo is what Chuck Dickerson use to say about Chuck Lester that was with the Bills as a coach for years he call him the name “Luckchester” someone was needed to bring the other Bills coaches coffee and donuts. Basically what Chuck Dickerson was saying is Chuck Lester wasn’t making any decisions for the Bills in a crude way. Buffalo is “LuckBuffalo” we aren’t making any important decisions which is like wow we don’t make decisions on our own area big projects what could go wrong? New York State regardless of political parties has way too much power and say from 8 hours away which is one of the many reasons why Buffalo isn’t happening compared to other cowtowns around the country today it’s sad it is what it is good or bad it’s my home in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Like every huge city it has problems but it’s 100% a world class city 

From arts and entertainment to food and athletics or architecture it’s world class

You are stuck in the 80’s aren’t you? 

ok I’m done giving grief, can’t get passed the other numbers that surround the place, shame lost that wonderful mayor though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not my way but our way. It is our state, our city.  Together we have all the clout we need. It’s easy, put it on the ballot and see who’s for  and who’s against, then make sound financial decisions. If majority is against, have our billionaire owner pick up the slack or have him find a better solution for his team.  

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

No, as the only nfl team in the state, they strictly wanted the gambling revenue. If this was about investment they would have put it right next to hsbc arena and at least attempted to resurrect the city. They only care about the gambling revenue. 

14 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

You are stuck in the 80’s aren’t you? 

ok I’m done giving grief, can’t get passed the other numbers that surround the place, shame lost that wonderful mayor though. 

I agree, Chicago has become an unsafe, murder capital. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kiva said:

I agree, Chicago has become an unsafe, murder capital. 

Literally 99% of the people there will never be murdered lol

You’re literally taking gang controlled areas and making it all of Chicago… 

That’s like saying buffalo is a ***** hole because of the east side gang violence

But Buffalo is beautiful 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

Not my way but our way. It is our state, our city.  Together we have all the clout we need. It’s easy, put it on the ballot and see who’s for  and who’s against, then make sound financial decisions. If majority is against, have our billionaire owner pick up the slack or have him find a better solution for his team.  

No, as the only nfl team in the state, they strictly wanted the gambling revenue. If this was about investment they would have put it right next to hsbc arena and at least attempted to resurrect the city. They only care about the gambling revenue. 

Who decides “our way”? Do you speak for all?

I suppose the best response is that we/you elect people to make decisions, then you have to let them go to work. You don’t have a referendum every time they build new schools, or close libraries. That also affects taxpayers. This is just one decision in the big picture. Yes, a bigger than average decision, but just one small line on the bigger budget. 

I don’t live there or pay those taxes, admittedly. But I never blinked or asked how much having the Atlanta Braves new stadium in my county was going to cost. It was a non-issue here. The financial aspect was not a factor, but then everyone got something they generally love. If they hated it, I think they would have complained about all kinds of related things like cost, lack of transparency, traffic, design, etc. Get it right? Everybody is happy and all is forgotten.

There is no way to satisfy everyone in the Bills stadium situation, so people will find things to complain about. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Literally 99% of the people there will never be murdered lol

You’re literally taking gang controlled areas and making it all of Chicago… 

That’s like saying buffalo is a ***** hole because of the east side gang violence

But Buffalo is beautiful 

It’s one of the most dangerous city’s in the world.  

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Kiva said:

It’s one of the most dangerous city’s in the world.  

In certain areas

I was there for two weeks in the summer and I did not feel threatened once 

Literally did not feel like I was in danger once… it was a beautiful city 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

this is just total BS. They didn’t put it up for vote so you have no idea at all how many western NYers are willing to pay a billion dollars for Pegula to have a stadium

Again, this is the largest public subsidy for any stadium EVER in the United States. 

And you have no idea how many would have said yes

And New York City has the money bro

Most of the money is coming from downstate… Because that’s how the New York State tax brackets work

The millionaires and billionaires downstate pay 10% state tax… That’s a lot when you’re a billionaire or millionaire 

The poor family in Lovejoy Making $25,000 a year Is not paying a lot of state tax… 4%…

The state money is coming from mostly downstate billionaires and millionaires 

It’s $250 million from Erie County which is absolutely doable… Especially over 30-40 year return

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

In certain areas

I was there for two weeks in the summer and I did not feel threatened once 

Literally did not feel like I was in danger once… it was a beautiful city 

We live in Atlanta, my wife works out of NYC and we spent time in downtown Chicago about 18 months ago. Chicago was BY FAR best option of those 3 major US cities. It was so clean and safe feeling even I was impressed. Just don’t go to the wrong areas. My wife changed hotels in NYC so she never has to go outside. The hotel is attached to the offices.  She doesn’t feel safe outside anymore. That’s horribly sad, but I think most major cities have declined in that regard the last few years. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Right, that’s how it is going to play out “bro”… 

ask the Natives if they believe that BS 

So you think magically western New Yorkers are gonna start paying 25% state tax?

I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Taxes will increase without a doubt 

5%??

You have no idea what you’re talking about … Seeing as most of the state tax money is not coming from Buffalo

And that is a fact… only 250M to the county

1998 lease cost Erie county taxpayers almost 100 million dollars 

Erie county tax payers are spending 150 more million and getting a brand new stadium that our children can watch the bills in

I for one am not upset

I think you just want to watch the Tallahassee bills… While you callUB suny  Amherst 

You’re here to troll and you’re not even good

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s NYS. They’ll increase with or without a new stadium. 

The question is, what does this actually cost the average guy living in Snyder? Or anywhere else. Is this a financial burden difficult to survive? Or is it a few pennies a month? 

Serious question: what does this cost the average person? 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

The question is, what does this actually cost the average guy living in Snyder? Or anywhere else. Is this a financial burden difficult to survive? Or is it a few pennies a month? 

I did the math when this thing first stated. It came out to something like $78 extra a year per person for 30 years for the 1.5m or so in Western NY. I don’t know the exact numbers and what I researched at this point. Was so long ago. But I remember is was extremely cheap overall. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

The average guy living in Snyder will have no problem paying $80 in extra taxes

Seeing as the average income in the hamlet is 3 times the average buffalo income 

If you’re living in Lancaster or Orchard Park or Snyder or Williamsville…. And you can’t pay an extra hundred dollars in taxes a year to keep the bills here

Well then you’re probably living above your means in that community anyways

It’s the people on the east side that will have a problem paying an extra hundred dollars in taxes… Because they’re in poverty

Few are living in real poverty in Williamsville … Unless they just overspend like crazy

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

There was not even much of a debate. The oilman lives in Florida too, hes sitting at home paying taxes elsewhere  watching NY state GIVE him a billion dollars for a stadium .. a major WTF moment 

And to put it across the street? I fell out of my chair when I first heard of this stupidity 

NY is giving Erie county a billion dollars for a new stadium.

Not Pegula.

• Thank you (+1) 2