New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

On 3/28/2023 at 8:12 AM, BillStime said:

Actually agree with Jerry about something for a change:

I was actually intrigued by the option of putting the new stadium on the Amherst campus and sharing it with UB….which the State obviously owns. 

On 3/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, BillStime said:

Actually agree with Jerry about something for a change:

30 minutes ago, Jukester said:

That’s not the real Jerry but have to agree

What's the barrier to UB playing in the new stadium in OP?

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Stadium would look much better in San Antonio and some "fans" would be happier.

lol....San Antonio.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was actually intrigued by the option of putting the new stadium on the Amherst campus and sharing it with UB….which the State obviously owns. 

Gets it out of the snowbelt and serves multiple purposes... better regional investment.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I think I remember reading that UB doesn't want to drive a half hour to play their "home" games.

They won't drive 30 min to to play in a brand new NFL stadium?  well then F them--let them stay in their dumpy place.

come on!

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What's the barrier to UB playing in the new stadium in OP?

lol....San Antonio.

One as someone mentioned UB Bulls are a half hour away from Orchard Park. UB Bulls are smart to stay at UB Stadium away from that mess and continue what there doing family affordable football you either are a UB Bulls fan or you’re not. Downtown Buffalo and Buffalo Canalside will get there someday but not with the current leaders in power we have a good start with Buffalo Canalside but it needs more rids like Brooklyn’s Coney Island with a small 10,000 seat soccer/concert specific stadium built around the Canalside amusement rides to produce more needed revenue for Canalside in the summer time for more investment for more infrastructure downtown forget the Buffalo Bills there doing there own business along with the dinosaurs of the dinosaurs exhibit and the dinosaurs “Rolling Stones”

concert or whatever old washed up dinosaur music act they can find to bring in. BSF do you think Terry Pegula cares what any of us think? No I don’t think he cares about critics no. But I think he might care when he sees PSL’s aren’t selling the way his company and the NFL owners thought in Buffalo. BSF the Bills fans are going to buy them up fast because they have financing for the PSL’s for three years? Ok we will see if Bills fans do that. As a Buffalo Bills and former Buffalo Bills season ticket holder. I got rid of my Bills season tickets years ago mainly because of weather as a disabled man December Bills games were brutal on my joints and muscles with muscular dystrophy. Also

when the Bills got rid of Drew Bledsoe I was done I knew that the Bills were heading into the darkness with QB JP Losman going all cheap again. Goodbye BSF never looked back with Bills season tickets just single Bills games in the good Buffalo weather the best decision I ever made. Make the Buffalo Bills earn my money.”

I wouldn’t buy the PSL’s ever force PSE to take the money hit by not buying them because end zone seats aren’t going to be in high demand wait the Bills out until they have to forget PSL’s for those seats call PSE’s bluff. Remember PSE is stuck in Orchard Park no matter what for 15 years make PSE and the NFL owners eat the PSL’s money. No way PSE doesn’t blink and does away with the PSL’s for less in demand Bills end zone seats that is what I would do trust the process of the Bills PSL failure. I wouldn’t sign a thing let that be Terry Pegula’s stadium contribution. Trust BSF Terry Pegula will blink he isn’t going to watch the Bills end zone seats empty in a first year stadium for the next 15 years. BSF PSE doesn’t care about the Buffalo Sabres seats being empty. PSE doesn’t care about the Buffalo Sabres period anymore. The Buffalo Bills are a totally different with the NFL shield is going to question Terry Pegula and he can explain why he was too cheap to dome his new Bills Stadium.

Rich people hate being embarrassed trust the process don’t buy the PSL’s Terry Pegula is stuck here for 15 years the bum if he leaves. Which he won’t because the buy out is huge. Buffalo can sue PSE like the city of St Louis if he tries to ignore the lease he signed. If I was a Buffalo Bills season ticket holder still I would wait out PSE on PSL’s don’t sign or buy anything PSL in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Shocked 1

Just got an update on my google feed of progress on the new Everton Football Club 54,000 seat stadium. The project is running a bit behind schedule but the latest update includes some really cool drone footage with the steel all up and the exterior brick cladding going on the concourse base. Can’t wait to see similar progress in Orchard Park. The Everton stadium, located on the waterfront in blue collar Liverpool looks like something that would’ve fit in a similar setting in WNY. And….yes….ALL of the seats are covered.

Google it. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just got an update on my google feed of progress on the new Everton Football Club 54,000 seat stadium. The project is running a bit behind schedule but the latest update includes some really cool drone footage with the steel all up and the exterior brick cladding going on the concourse base. Can’t wait to see similar progress in Orchard Park. The Everton stadium, located on the waterfront in blue collar Liverpool looks like something that would’ve fit in a similar setting in WNY. And….yes….ALL of the seats are covered.

Google it. 

That thing looks pretty awesome. A little jealous. Not gonna lie. Watching the video of the people in charge of bringing this stadium to the forefront and it makes me angry that ours was/is being handled so back alley. Just like everything else in the area, or state, someone always has to have some benefit along the way to get something done. Seems they are all about bringing an arena to an area for the betterment of the area. Where as we are building an arena just for the purpose of, we’ll, if we don’t hurry up and get this done we may lose the team. We’re always getting things done because we need to or else. And we suffer because of it. 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1294098/everton-reveals-vision-for-new-waterfront-stadium

• Like (+1) 2