New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

This was from the last series of articles following that last meeting of whomever, that came out about a week ago.  

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/new-buffalo-bills-stadium-plans-move-forward-construction-begins-this-year#:~:text=The new Buffalo Bills stadium,new president of the corporation.

The Bills plan to start work in April, such as putting up fences. The goal is for shovels to hit the ground in June and complete the project by 2026. 

Someone formally referred to the work to begin in June as the "big digging."  

Again, originally when these talks began, they were supposed to have the "big digging" this past November.  If it doesn't happen in June then they're approaching lapping themselves.  

Thank you. In other words, mid-2023. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope the ground isn't too rocky when they start digging, or that they don't hit a lot of roots or it might be 2030 before they're done

Just wait until they dig up another Indian burial ground 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Kiva said:

They knocked down the chargers stadium and replaced it with a new college stadium. The padres, petco park is downtown, right off 5th and the city is bumping on game nights.  I know apples to oranges but San Diego is what Buffalo can be. At times it reminds me of Rochester (in the summer) west. 

We (the voters) refused to fund a new stadium so they moved. I’m surprised orchard park new stadium wasn’t voted on.  If Buffalo can’t do a stadium right (dome) move them to a city that can actually support them. Pegula with his wife’s health issues, really should be looking for another buyer. San Diego would be a strong consideration. 

Imo. 

Why would SD be a strong consideration when they won't build a stadium?  

And I'm not sure you have concluded "SD is what Buffalo can be".  You could not pick 2 more completely different cities in every way.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And I'm not sure you have concluded "SD is what Buffalo can be".  You could not pick 2 more completely different cities in every way

But they're both near water.

Buffalo reminds me a lot of Honolulu

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And I'm not sure you have concluded "SD is what Buffalo can be".  You could not pick 2 more completely different cities in every way.

i'm still trying to figure out how rochester figures into this in any way.    

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Same weather all year round. I don't see any difference :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i'm still trying to figure out how rochester figures into this in any way.    

Narrator: Years later they all realised that Rochester would've been the perfect place to build a dome downtown and Kiva was right all along.

(Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls plays and scene fades to black)

(Credits roll)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Narrator: Years later they all realised that Rochester would've been the perfect place to build a dome downtown and Kiva was right all along.

(Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls plays and scene fades to black)

(Credits roll)

all i know is i'm referring to rochester as san diego east from now on.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Toronto area had tons of 6 nation people 

Maybe that’s why the leafs always sucked for the last 80 years lmao

Well damn it. There is no where safe. Maybe we can have a home field in Terrys Yatch. It’s likely big enough after all the money he’s saving from tax payers paying for the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

A new stadium in Denver? Already?

I always admired their stadium - can’t we just dismantle it and move it to Buffalo?

When I was in Tottenham last year for a Premier League game - I really liked their stadium… in the city… built into the urban core but man - ours looks absolutely pathetic compared to these other gems:

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

A new stadium in Denver? Already?

I always admired their stadium - can’t we just dismantle it and move it to Buffalo?

When I was in Tottenham last year for a Premier League game - I really liked their stadium… in the city… built into the urban core but man - ours looks absolutely pathetic compared to these other gems:

Go ahead and put an extra $billion into the stadium, then

Or in SoFi's case, an extra $4 billion

On 3/21/2023 at 11:11 PM, PBF81 said:

Originally they were supposed to break ground in November of 22.  Then it got pushed back "a little," then yes, they said March, and more recently they said they'll start milling around and staring at the property soon, probably with hardhats and clipboards, to get everyone excited.  They may even plant a porta-potty at the flag at the "50." 

Now it's June when the "big digging" will begin.  Come May it'll be in November again.  Next February there'll be a hologram of it.  Be advised if you go in and use the restrooms.  

Last article they put out said that the "big digging" would begin in June.  Not sure I believe that, but that's what it said.  They said they'd be doing some other stuff prior to then, but they didn't say what specifically, but it wasn't any kind of significant digging.  

The speed (or rather lack of) at which anything is done there is beyond comprehension. 
If the geniuses that make decisions on these matters had acted when the Pegulas took ownership, they’d already be playing in a decent facility that would’ve been built at a cost for a fraction of what the proposed one will. 
  Considering the current lifespan of modern NFL stadiums and the snail-like pace of WNY (in)action, maybe they should begin a feasibility study and architectural cost and design for the next stadium after the one that’s supposedly opening in 2026. 

Whatever costs have been projected better be revised monthly to account for runaway inflation and the devalued dollar. 
  I will not be surprised if the whole thing is scrapped or the already crappy design gets simplified further as the project can’t be done anywhere close to the original cost estimated. They’ll probably start tap dancing around the truth by announcing ongoing delays they’ll attribute to some logistical or bureaucratic nonsense while they try to come up with solutions. 
  If I appear cynical it’s because I’ve been witnessing the same WNY political clown show since the late 60’s-early 70’s when there was a plan for a domed  stadium to be built in Lancaster. If not for Ralph Wilson’s threats of moving the team, Rich Stadium wouldn’t have been built as early as it was, if at all. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoMAn said:

The speed (or rather lack of) at which anything is done there is beyond comprehension. 
If the geniuses that make decisions on these matters had acted when the Pegulas took ownership, they’d already be playing in a decent facility that would’ve been built at a cost for a fraction of what the proposed one will. 
  Considering the current lifespan of modern NFL stadiums and the snail-like pace of WNY (in)action, maybe they should begin a feasibility study and architectural cost and design for the next stadium after the one that’s supposedly opening in 2026. 

Whatever costs have been projected better be revised monthly to account for runaway inflation and the devalued dollar. 
  I will not be surprised if the whole thing is scrapped or the already crappy design gets simplified further as the project can’t be done anywhere close to the original cost estimated. They’ll probably start tap dancing around the truth by announcing ongoing delays they’ll attribute to some logistical or bureaucratic nonsense while they try to come up with solutions. 
  If I appear cynical it’s because I’ve been witnessing the same WNY political clown show since the late 60’s-early 70’s when there was a plan for a domed  stadium to be built in Lancaster. If not for Ralph Wilson’s threats of moving the team, Rich Stadium wouldn’t have been built as early as it was, if at all. 

LOL at your first sentence.  It really is.  

Agree on the rest, and being skepical to begin with, it's enough to make one wonder whether it's actually going to go down.  One thing after another, what we're being told and have been told hasn't lined up, we presently have no lease to play in just four months, and some engineering site with info about the project states that work would begin mid-year.  Someone here facetiously made a statement about the last "meeting" and approvals of the approvals etc.  LOL  I'll believe it when I see the heavy excavating equipment doing it's work.  I'm sure that someone living around there will post pics once that happens.  And where's Pegula on all of this?  Sure, we all get it, Kim's in a bad way and that comes first, but it does make one wonder what's going through his mind, particularly since Kim/family does come first.  When's the last time he said anything publicly about any of this, what, a year ago?  I'm not one of those people that believes that if he were ever to sell the team that it would be bought by someone that would keep it in WNY, I don't care what anyone says about "clauses" and the like.  

NYS politics ... LOL  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3