New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just To be fair

You said the surrounding suburbs of these cities mostly have three times as many population as the city of Buffalo

Which is just not true at all

go bills! I would watch them at Buffalo State Stadium

Surrounding areas. Then I brought up cities like Arlington, and Glendale which have as many as downtown Buffalo. Throw in surrounding areas and your into the multimillions. Comparing Buffalo and/or its surrounding areas to any of those other cities and/or their surrounding areas isn’t the same. And with small mindset thinking like we have with this stadium among other blunders, it’ll never matter anyway. 

what’s bothersome is Buffalo is located on the shores of some of the Most abundant fresh water supply in the world. Used to be one of the 10 largest cities in the United States, and is now a joke of all jokes. 

Edited by mrags

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

Surrounding areas. Then I brought up cities like Arlington, and Glendale which have as many as downtown Buffalo. Throw in surrounding areas and your into the multimillions. Comparing Buffalo and/or its surrounding areas to any of those other cities and/or their surrounding areas isn’t the same. And with small mindset thinking like we have with this stadium among other blunders, it’ll never matter anyway. 

what’s bothersome is Buffalo is located on the shores of some of the Most abundant fresh water supply in the world. Used to be one of the 10 largest cities in the United States, and is now a joke of all jokes. 

Thank politicians not the people of Western NY

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thank politicians not the people of Western NY

I never blamed the people of WNY. I’m fully aware it’s the politicians. It’ll never change in western New York. I also don’t plan on being here forever either. I lived in Vegas for a few years and moved back because this place was home. I missed it. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that things aren’t and won’t ever be what they could and should be. When the time comes and I retire I will be out of here, hopefully not to come back too often. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, mrags said:

I never blamed the people of WNY. I’m fully aware it’s the politicians. It’ll never change in western New York. I also don’t plan on being here forever either. I lived in Vegas for a few years and moved back because this place was home. I missed it. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that things aren’t and won’t ever be what they could and should be. When the time comes and I retire I will be out of here, hopefully not to come back too often. 

Yes I would move to a much warmer climate.

It will be a much higher quality of life for you.

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2023 at 10:16 AM, BillStime said:

So, you're telling us that a stadium in the city would do jack for the region?

We should spend $1B+ in OP and get nothing for our investment for the region?

Let me guess - die hard tailgater?

You get to keep the Bills. Or you can spend nothing and they move.

14 hours ago, mrags said:

Ok. So there’s one off that list. By the way, I never brought up Kansas City. But since I had to look it up. It’s listed as having surrounding areas of over 1.7m in population. So, still pretty much 75% more than Buffalo and it’s surrounding areas. 

Giants and Jets play in a metropolis compared to Orchard Park and are only a 20 minute drive to Manhattan with access to 20m in population in the New York metro area. 

ever been to Santa Clara? I have multiple times. It’s 15 minutes from San Jose which has a population of 1.8m. And 45 minutes from San Francisco and Oakland with a population of over 1.4m between them. It’s in the middle of Silicon Valley which is like the 10th largest areas in the US. There’s not a single area of downtown Buffalo that could compete with any of it. 

Regardless of having their own stadium or not, the Chargers now reside in LA where the Rams built the biggest and baddest stadium that will likely ever be in the NFL. Even split up between the 2 teams they come in way over what any other stadium has. 

never been to Arlington but I’d imagine it’s similar in that even the suburbs are larger, and more populated than downtown Buffalo. Oh, just checked. According to wiki it’s over 300k. And it’s smack dab in the middle of Fort Worth (1m) and Dallas (6m+)

FedEx Field? It’s a 25min drive from Washington DC. With a population of almost 1m. 

Arizona? Glendale itself has a population of 250k. But let’s not kid ourselves, the stadium is located in Maricopa County which boasts a population of over 4.4m between Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, and Mesa. 

again, I didn’t bring these places up. Yes they are in suburbs, but let’s be real here, most of the “suburbs” are larger than Downtown Buffalo, if you throw in surrounding areas to the mix, Buffalo likely doesn’t even belong in the league with almost every team in the league. 

screw it, let’s just sell the team. I’m sick of arguing about this. 

So, technically you're not mad the stadium is in Orchard Park, you're just mad Buffalo isn't a bigger city. That sums up all the domer/down-towners to me. Just a bunch of wishful thinking that Buffalo was somehow comparable to these other cities.

The fact is that these teams are still building out in the suburbs because building their stadiums downtown wasn't feasible. Just like it isn't for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

So, technically you're not mad the stadium is in Orchard Park, you're just mad Buffalo isn't a bigger city. That sums up all the domer/down-towners to me. Just a bunch of wishful thinking that Buffalo was somehow comparable to these other cities.

The fact is that these teams are still building out in the suburbs because building their stadiums downtown wasn't feasible. Just like it isn't for Buffalo.

Whatever you feel like telling yourself to make the cities/states terrible investment sound better. 

the only people that benefit from this deal is the Billionaire Pegulas who opted not to pick up the extra slack for a domed stadium, or downtown where it might do some good. 

also hilarious that you talk about other cities suburbs that have more population than Buffalo. Meanwhile we build another stadium in Orchard Park with its 29,000 residents. Again, Kettles, Big Tree, Danny’s, and The Prospector should have career years as soon as the new stadium is built. Yay for us. 

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This is the type of mentality that put Buffalo in the position it’s in. It’s a string of bad decisions that doom future generations and the city. Just no foresight, no long term plan. I live in San Diego and the difference in infrastructure and positive mental health is apparent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Kiva said:

This is the type of mentality that put Buffalo in the position it’s in. It’s a string of bad decisions that doom future generations and the city. Just no foresight, no long term plan. I live in San Diego and the difference in infrastructure and positive mental health is apparent. 

Different cultures and priorities for sure. But San Diego Chargers stadium was also in a suburb out east of Mission Valley... And as we all know, they weren't willing to pay to keep the Chargers anyway

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

You live in SD. So you can shed some light on this for everyone. How far from the stadium is downtown SD? I’ve been there but it’s been over 20 years so I can’t really recall. Google maps says 15 minutes from the stadium to downtown SD. 

Also showing an approx population of 1.38m people and population in the metro area of 3.3m. 

the stadium was also built in 1967 at a time when Mission Valley was in early development. From dairy farms up until the 60s to I80 opening up right through it for development. In the early to mid 60s there was construction with hotels and shopping malls in the area. 

wow. Imagine that, building a stadium in a place in hope for more development. The fact that it didn’t help in the immediate area of mission Valley is lost considering San Diego itself grew from approx 1m resident to 3.3 from 1967 to 2023. 

Buffalo in that same time has regressed from approx 500k to 280k. But more importantly, the town of Orchard Park grew from approx 15k to 30k. In an area that was never set up or expected to develop. 

42 minutes ago, mrags said:

You live in SD. So you can shed some light on this for everyone. How far from the stadium is downtown SD? I’ve been there but it’s been over 20 years so I can’t really recall. Google maps says 15 minutes from the stadium to downtown SD. 

Also showing an approx population of 1.38m people and population in the metro area of 3.3m. 

the stadium was also built in 1967 at a time when Mission Valley was in early development. From dairy farms up until the 60s to I80 opening up right through it for development. In the early to mid 60s there was construction with hotels and shopping malls in the area. 

wow. Imagine that, building a stadium in a place in hope for more development. The fact that it didn’t help in the immediate area of mission Valley is lost considering San Diego itself grew from approx 1m resident to 3.3 from 1967 to 2023. 

Buffalo in that same time has regressed from approx 500k to 280k. But more importantly, the town of Orchard Park grew from approx 15k to 30k. In an area that was never set up or expected to develop. 

They knocked down the chargers stadium and replaced it with a new college stadium. The padres, petco park is downtown, right off 5th and the city is bumping on game nights.  I know apples to oranges but San Diego is what Buffalo can be. At times it reminds me of Rochester (in the summer) west. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Different cultures and priorities for sure. But San Diego Chargers stadium was also in a suburb out east of Mission Valley... And as we all know, they weren't willing to pay to keep the Chargers anyway

We (the voters) refused to fund a new stadium so they moved. I’m surprised orchard park new stadium wasn’t voted on.  If Buffalo can’t do a stadium right (dome) move them to a city that can actually support them. Pegula with his wife’s health issues, really should be looking for another buyer. San Diego would be a strong consideration. 

Imo. 

Edited by Kiva
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ummm Kansas City has 500000k And their stadium is 100% not downtown seeing I was there last season

Buffalo has 280, 000 people in the city …. And another 300,000* in the surrounding suburbs… well over 1,000,000 metro 

Absolutely not 3x less than the city of KC lol… In fact… Kansas City smelled, Food was overrated

The people were the only good thing

Rather be in Buffalo

WTF are you talking about?  Kansas City metro has 2.5 million people.

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

WTF are you talking about?  Kansas City metro has 2.5 million people.

That’s not what he said

He literally said the suburbs of most of these places have more than the city of Buffalo

I literally disputed that in 10 seconds

In fact he said the suburbs of most of these places are probably three times larger than the city of Buffalo which is just not true

So I don’t know what you’re talking about

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Weren't they supposed to be breaking ground on the new stadium this month?

depends on what your definition of “mid-2023” is. I would say March is the very early end of that window.

Edited by JoPoy88

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Weren't they supposed to be breaking ground on the new stadium this month?

Originally they were supposed to break ground in November of 22.  Then it got pushed back "a little," then yes, they said March, and more recently they said they'll start milling around and staring at the property soon, probably with hardhats and clipboards, to get everyone excited.  They may even plant a porta-potty at the flag at the "50." 

Now it's June when the "big digging" will begin.  Come May it'll be in November again.  Next February there'll be a hologram of it.  Be advised if you go in and use the restrooms.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I didn't hear mid 2023. I thought they said mid March. I could be wrong though 

Last article they put out said that the "big digging" would begin in June.  Not sure I believe that, but that's what it said.  They said they'd be doing some other stuff prior to then, but they didn't say what specifically, but it wasn't any kind of significant digging.  

Edited by PBF81

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

yes exactly. It’s all just wishful thinking and pining for them good ol’ days. There is no real argument there, he just wants to complain, especially since “muh tax dollars” and they didn’t get exactly what they wanted. 

“But we have SO much fresh water here!” 

43 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I didn't hear mid 2023. I thought they said mid March. I could be wrong though 

now it’s mid-2023. I’d be surprised if there were any shovels in the ground before August.

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

We (the voters) refused to fund a new stadium so they moved. I’m surprised orchard park new stadium wasn’t voted on.  If Buffalo can’t do a stadium right (dome) move them to a city that can actually support them. Pegula with his wife’s health issues, really should be looking for another buyer. San Diego would be a strong consideration. 

Imo. 

Gross. Your opinion is terrible.

angry clint eastwood GIF

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, sven233 said:

From everything I have heard, it's been "Spring" all along.  Haven't heard that change once yet.

This was from the last series of articles following that last meeting of whomever, that came out about a week ago.  

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/new-buffalo-bills-stadium-plans-move-forward-construction-begins-this-year#:~:text=The new Buffalo Bills stadium,new president of the corporation.

The Bills plan to start work in April, such as putting up fences. The goal is for shovels to hit the ground in June and complete the project by 2026. 

Someone formally referred to the work to begin in June as the "big digging."  

Again, originally when these talks began, they were supposed to have the "big digging" this past November.  If it doesn't happen in June then they're approaching lapping themselves.  

• Thank you (+1) 1