New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

19 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

again, that’s your speculation, which is not backed up by economic studies. So believe what you want I suppose. A Bills stadium downtown would not impact the redevelopment going on down there right now or in the future.

A stadium in the city would have provided greater leverage to tap federal dollars to improve our transportation infrastructure and expand mass transit.

Instead - we will never see that investment with Orchard Park.

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

A stadium in the city would have provided greater leverage to tap federal dollars to improve our transportation infrastructure and expand mass transit.

Instead - we will never see that investment with Orchard Park.

More hypotheticals. And no, it wouldn’t.

43 minutes ago, mrags said:

8 More than the 2 that Highmark might have in the sane timeframe. Just saying 

10 nights for one of the premier stadium spaces in the country is insignificant.  It means the place is full for maybe 30 days a year. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

10 nights for one of the premier stadium spaces in the country is insignificant.  It means the place is full for maybe 30 days a year. 

20 more days a year than ours will be full. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Got it. Year. My bad adding there. At first I thought it was 20 more events. If it’s just 10 forget it. I don’t know why I’ve been so worked up all this time over it. 

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Since I didn't get a downtown domed stadium my focus is on the amenities that the new stadium will have. For me personally location is not a deal breaker as much as the new stadium having similar amenities to what other new stadiums have. If all they do is basically just update at Highmark stadium has then that's a deal breaker. 

It'll definitely be more modern.  All the modern stadiums are similar in that regard.  

At the current stadium you feel like Spinal Tap walking around in those hallways in that Cleveland high school when you're walking through the concourses.  Meanwhile, you have to navigate the drunks as if it's a game of Frogger.  

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I will go to check out the new stadium but if it's just an improved version of Highmark then I will most likely just stay home instead. For me personally, the game itself isn't enough to draw me to any stadium now. At one time it was.  Now with the cost of going to a game and the fact I can watch it home with a better view it's hard to justify going.  

Well it certainly more comfortable at home

But better view absolutely not

The sight lines at Ralph Wilson stadium are unmatched and you could see things live that you cannot see on television

Especially if you’re sitting between the 45 yard lines

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I go to games for the football and the tailgate. I don’t need a museum or arcades like they have in some places. To each their own. 

LMAO  

To me the tailgate is just as integral a part of it as the game is.  I don't think I've ever gone to a Bills game w/o tailgating, home or away.  IMO there's no better tailgating experience as there is in Buffalo.  

That's why I didn't want to see a downtown stadium, IMO the tailgating would have forever vaporized as we've known it.  Other reasons too, such as traffic would be far worse than it is now.  It's smack on the lake effect ground zero.  ... not to open that debate, just my irrelevant preferences.  LOL  

I think that most Bills fans feel similarly towards their tailgating.  I have friends that prefer to go into the club levels hours ahead and sit there, but I wouldn't choose that unless perhaps the weather was absolutely miserable or something.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I enjoy attending a home game, preferably the opener, and one road game a year.  The at home HD experience is amazing, so I get wanting to enjoy it that way. It’s comfortable, cheap and easy.  But I don’t go for the stadium or the amenities. I go to see friends at the tailgate and feel that energy you can only get live. 

If I were local I still probably wouldn’t be a season ticket holder. It wouldn’t be a financial thing, I just don’t want to do it all season long. That’s a personal decision everyone gets to make. I go for the energy, the live football and the camaraderie. How much you value that vs the convenience of home is a great decision to be able to make. 

To each their own, as long as they remain in WNY. If they left, I would be done. 

Having said that, out-of-town Bills bars or even bars in Buffalo are also just as much fun full of fans.  

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Got it. Year. My bad adding there. At first I thought it was 20 more events. If it’s just 10 forget it. I don’t know why I’ve been so worked up all this time over it. 

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And a stadium in OP does what for the region?

Keeps the Bills in WNY.  

Seems to me that the options always were, based upon Pegula's indirect statements and implications, a moderately priced stadium in OP since the state & county are essentially paying for it and Kim said that they weren't paying for it, or the team moving.  There are already reasonble objections to the amount of public funding going into it.  Imagine if it were another $500M to $1B.  If that were mostly public my guess is that it would be enough to sink the whole project.  

Anyone that wanted more should write to Terry and take it up with him.  He's the one that made this decision and who will make any future decisions that will impact the future location of the team.  He could sell it next month if he wanted to and get as much as he could with the new owner moving it elsewhere.  He could also spend his money to see it get done.  He should on his knees thanking the state and people of NYS for their share of funding.  

It'll be fine, if they ever actually iron out this never-ending list of details and approvals.  A retractable roof would be better, but the concourses, as with all other modern stadiums, will be a lot roomier and able to accommodate a whole lot more people moving and milling around.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

And a stadium in OP does what for the region?

exactly what it would do if it was downtown. Keep the team in Buffalo. That’s ALL it does I have no more words for you people that don’t understand it. Christ.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is a stadium in downtown Cincinnati. It sits there like an albatross except for 8-9 times a year. The baseball stadium drives more traffic to restaurants and bars down even though the Reds have been bad for a decade. 

Thank You.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is a stadium in downtown Cincinnati. It sits there like an albatross except for 8-9 times a year. The baseball stadium drives more traffic to restaurants and bars down even though the Reds have been bad for a decade. 

So what you’re saying, is that a sports arena (Great American Ball Park) is in the city, and it drives traffic to restaurants and bars? Even though they have been bad for a decade? 

but somehow a football stadium in  city that doesn’t actually have a stadium in it wouldn’t reap some of the same rewards. Got it. 

42 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

exactly what it would do if it was downtown. Keep the team in Buffalo. That’s ALL it does I have no more words for you people that don’t understand it. Christ.

That’s funny. We were thinking the same thing about you. 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

So what you’re saying, is that a sports arena (Great American Ball Park) is in the city, and it drives traffic to restaurants and bars? Even though they have been bad for a decade? 

but somehow a football stadium in  city that doesn’t actually have a stadium in it wouldn’t reap some of the same rewards. Got it. 

That’s funny. We were thinking the same thing about you. 

Because a good football team that sells out every game only plays ax maximum 11  homes games a year. Let’ say the stadium holds 60,000. Even at 9 games that’s 540,000 a year. If a bad baseball team draws 15,000 a game. at 81 games that’s 1,215,000 a season. There is also a tradition of tailgating at football games that baseball games don’t have. I’m not saying that stadiums are a bad investment. But I am saying that NFL stadiums are a bad investment. At most, a team plays 11 home games. The worst baseball team  plays 81 home games with a minimum of 15,000 tickets sold. Here in Cincinnati the Reds have a much more positive impact in the downtown economy even though the Bengals

are SB contenders and the Reds are a last place team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Come on. It’s keeping Big Tree, Kettles, and Danny’s in business. 

Lmao just stop

It’s keeping the Buffalo Bills in business…. Everybody who talks junk… It’s just junk pseudo 

The bills did decades of research…. There is no Positive influence, From  a downtown stadium compared to one in Orchard Park

Decades of research show the financial difference is minute …. A brand new NFL stadium brings about the same economic revenue as a new target

A brand new Bill stadium downtown compared to Orchard Park brings in about the same as a new target… And that is from decades of research

The bills get to keep one thing playing in WNY…. And that’s the Buffalo bills!

Seriously half the people who are clamoring for a downtown stadium don’t live in Buffalo

Because real Buffalonians are extremely fine with the Bill staying in Western New York

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 3