New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So what is the downside to doing them now? Putting them in the lease agreement?

Terry Pegula isn’t thinking about selling the team

If or when that day comes, Just like Ralph, I’m sure he will have a clause that does not allow the new owner to even entertain offers of relocation when bought because it breaks the contract 

It doesn’t need to be there yet because he’s not selling the team …. Nobody knew Ralph had a clause to keep us here… Until it came out

Terry is probably the same way

Edited by Buffalo716

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If or when that day comes, Just like Ralph, I’m sure he will have a clause that does not allow the new owner to even entertain offers of relocation when bought because it breaks the contract 

It doesn’t need to be there yet because he’s not selling the team …. Nobody knew Ralph had a clause to keep us here… Until it came out

The clause IS in the lease agreement. It’s there, so they’ve definitely thought about it. It’s just smaller than most cities.

There is no downside to lengthening it.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.audacy.com/wben/news/local/erie-county-stadium-corp-affirms-general-project-plan-for-new-bills-stadium?utm_source=WBEN-AM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WBEN-AM NEWSLETTER&utm_content=Latest Newsletter - March 15, 2023&mi_u=526992&mi_ecmp=Latest Newsletter - March 15, 2023

Groundbreaking of a new football stadium in Orchard Park continues to inch closer following a meeting Wednesday with members of the Erie County Stadium Corporation (ECSC), a subsidiary of Empire State Development (ESD).

During Wednesday's brief meeting, members voted and appointed Steve Ranalli as President of the ECSC, approved the corporation's operating and capital budgets for the fiscal year, and also affirmed the general project plan for construction of the new stadium.

With the authorization of the general project plan, this included the authorization of all the necessary agreements. The main agreements as part of the project plan includes extensions to the current lease, a lease for the new stadium, construction and development agreement, a non-relocation agreement, extension of the non-relocation agreement, a community benefits agreement, and 40 other documents pertaining to the stadium deal here-and-there.

The next step in the process will be to get the finalized documents that have been authorized over to the Erie County Legislature for their final approval of the overall stadium deal. It is the hope those documents will be presented to the Legislature sometime in the very near future.

Once the stadium deal has been voted on and approved, the construction of the new stadium will then be allowed to move forward.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gary Marangi said:

LOL the way its going maybe by Fall they will start construction. Something isnt right with this shite

Once WNY native and lifelong Bills fan Kathy Hochul took over for Cuomo that sealed the Bills fate. They were/are never leaving on her watch. She gave the organization a sweetheart deal granted at taxpayer expense, but Bills fans will be able to cheer for their team for generations to come. If the team ever gets sold by Terry Pegula, I doubt the league would allow a new owner to move them with the new stadium in place. KH will make sure any political red tape BS gets solved so construction begins this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Once WNY native and lifelong Bills fan Kathy Hochul took over for Cuomo that sealed the Bills fate. They were/are never leaving on her watch. She gave the organization a sweetheart deal granted at taxpayer expense, but Bills fans will be able to cheer for their team for generations to come. If the team ever gets sold by Terry Pegula, I doubt the league would allow a new owner to move them with the new stadium in place. KH will make sure any political red tape BS gets solved so construction begins this year.

This. 

breaking ground is going to start by summer. They have dates in mind lined up. 

this state moves extremely slow with many things but mark it down in stone. They will begin breaking ground by WNY spring. So sometime by may-June 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Of course they would. Owners care about bigger TV markets and money. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

So does that mean the small market Green Bay Packers who continue to play in old Lambeau are in danger of moving. 

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

So does that mean the small market Green Bay Packers who continue to play in old Lambeau are in danger of moving. 

if they had an individual owner who wanted to move the team to a bigger market, I'm sure they could get the votes needed

Edited by nucci

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

This. 

breaking ground is going to start by summer. They have dates in mind lined up. 

this state moves extremely slow with many things but mark it down in stone. They will begin breaking ground by WNY spring. So sometime by may-June 

Same thing happened with the Islanders. The owners got then Gov Cuomo on board with building their new arena. Once Cuomo was on board the construction of UBS arena was underway and done pretty quickly.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Except it has been shown that Bills games have a very large market outside of Buffalo and if team was moved to "Texas Burrs" (to get under Jerry Jones skin) ratings for games would drop.  How many fans from Houston followed their team to Tennessee?  Some fans would continue to watch NFL but sales would go down nationally and NFL does not need another Jacksonville.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Except it has been shown that Bills games have a very large market outside of Buffalo and if team was moved to "Texas Burrs" (to get under Jerry Jones skin) ratings for games would drop.  How many fans from Houston followed their team to Tennessee?  Some fans would continue to watch NFL but sales would go down nationally and NFL does not need another Jacksonville.

Agree but point I was trying to make was about poster saying NFL probably wouldn't approve the Bills moving if sold after stadium was built. I disagreed with that

2 hours ago, nucci said:

if they had an individual owner who wanted to move the team to a bigger market, I'm sure they could get the votes needed

Depends on the politicians in place.  New York State won’t make it easy for an owner to take those tax dollars and on the federal level,  threats against  anti-trust exemptions would slow that roll.  

Ultimately, relocation could be a possibility in theory but it will be a lot messier than the NFL might want to deal with.  An expansion would be easier than relocating the Bills with a new to new-ish stadium having been built and a media recognized, world-wide fan base.  Our fan base, today, is just as prominent as the Bills are in a way we weren’t even 10 years ago (because of social and 24 hour sports media).  Bills Mafia is a character in the production of professional football now.  

Attempting to relocate  would be ugly for that owner and the league, internationally, politically and possibly, legally.     

On 1/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Again even Ralph Wilson said that was out of his hands. The Buffalo Bills are here because they are profitable for now and New York State gave the money for a new Buffalo Bills stadium. No owners will is changing that regardless. The seller and NFL both have to be satisfied with a NFL teams sale price. So the NFL owners aren’t going to allow Buffalo to keep the Bills on some lowball offer because of a owners will clause that just isn’t realistic or reality. Stan Kronke just picked up and moved same with Al Davis, same with Bud Adams, same with Robert Issay. It doesn’t matter if a city doesn’t pay the blackmail they are out especially in cities like the size of Buffalo, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. If Austin, Texas grew into Toronto size sure the Buffalo Bills could potentially be moved.

I will say this watch out because New York State is completely in the Buffalo Bills house now stadium decisions now not Erie County. Watch YouTube the videos on future skyscrapers being built or planned in the United States and Toronto. The Buffalo Bills are in trouble regardless. Look at Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. We have some Buffalo Bills fans saying Chicago is losing the Chicago Bears it’s too late for Soldiers Field? I would agree for the Bears there gone to the suburbs. But look at Chicago 2030 to 2050 forget the propaganda news politics from both political parties on television. Look at the skyscrapers or as the late Ralph Wilson said about those all those cranes in Toronto. I believe Chicago will get a second NFL team. I also believe New York City might get one maybe two NFL teams. Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay Area will get at least one maybe two NFL teams in the case of Los Angeles. Look at Los Angeles 2050 it looks like New York City skyscrapers. There population will continue to grow Buffalo’s population growth rate isn’t great. Does that look like Buffalo fits in a league like that? Or Cleveland? Or Pittsburgh? Again the NFL is a business they go where the population and money is.

I don’t believe Buffalo is out of professional football business but in the Globalization of the NFL we are falling very behind. The Pegula children aren’t going to be able to run the Buffalo Bills against NFL Global teams with huge corporations paying huge dollars for teams. I think the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers will be in major professional leagues but dropped by NFL Global League to small domestic leagues like the NFL itself running it or farmed out to a USFL, XFL and CFL or whoever is open still or not invited into NFL Global League with multiple Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Houston, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Dallas, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Toronto, London, Munich, Mexico City, Tokyo as possible candidates for NFL Global League. Then the rest of the NFL downgraded to domestic leagues or regional leagues the in US and Canada traveling by bus no PSL’s no thrills football. 

So I guess at least the New Buffalo Bills stadium will be affordable with no PSL’s if that happens potentially for the Bills fans or whatever the downgrade Buffalo football franchise nickname the Buffalo football team is called. Terry Pegula will have no say because the NFL isn’t shutting him or the Buffalo Bills down just the global major US and Canadian cities are running away from domestic NFL for the NFL Global Super League the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns like the Minor League Baseball contractions or forced to Independent baseball like the Batavia Mutdogs because they couldn’t meet minimum requirements to stay in organized affiliate baseball but this time football. Syracuse Orange football has been downgraded. What? No it hasn’t been keep telling yourself that Syracuse football fan your a Group of Five football school economically you aren’t running with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas and USC to name a few. The Buffalo Bisons met the new requirements Batavia didn’t. What? I know go to bed BSF. Wake up Buffalo Bills fans there is no lease and no owners will that is stopping sports business progress. Buffalo doesn’t run economically in these circles since 1950. Syracuse Orange football doesn’t run in Power 5 football circles anymore that is reality. Buffalo is the Batavia of the NFL today think about it not with you heart your business mind we don’t belong we can thank our area business and political leaders for that all corrupt which is unfortunate. But I am a sports fan I will survive with the Buffalo Bills downgrade it’s coming sooner than Bills fans think 15 to 20 years will go bye like that. Don’t tell me Sean McDermott just needs time for a Super Bowl championship Buffalo Bills don’t have more than 18 to 20 years left in major NFL before we are contracted from the NFL Global League. Then the Buffalo Bills are on the bus to play the Cleveland Browns in the NFL split off smaller domestic bus league think MAC UB Bulls football for the Buffalo Bills in the NFL while the Dallas Cowboys are in NFL Global playing the London Monarchs. Remember when we used to play the Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills were really big? Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah remember when we use to play the Boston Celtics and the Buffalo Braves were really big in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 2