New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

On 1/24/2023 at 2:56 PM, Lost said:

Not in good shape as in she may never fully recover?  I've been waiting months to hear some new on her health but it seems there's been such a tight lid on it.

I’m sure we’ll get updates in the offseason. Obviously something serious happened and is affecting her every day life. We haven’t heard from her in a year almost. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills are going nowhere

End of discussion

Do not pass go

It’s hack journalism

Okay so you just don’t like the topic.

I just read the article and there is nothing “hack” about it. They even had an economics professor review the lease and he said it was weak.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Okay so you just don’t like the topic.

I just read the article and there is nothing “hack” about it. They even had an economics professor review the lease and he said it was weak.

It’s hack because it does not need to be discussed

The bills aren’t leaving… It’s hack journalism because he’s trying to stir emotions

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills aren’t leaving… It’s hack journalism because he’s trying to stir emotions

"....because it does not need to be discussed." Says who? Is freedom of speech still a thing in this country, or is western NY now living under a communist regime? 🤔🙄

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I wish this passion was shared for the Sabres. 

While I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. My question who is going to be able to afford the PSLs that go with this new stadium. 

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

"....because it does not need to be discussed." Says who? Is freedom of speech still a thing in this country, or is western NY now living under a communist regime? 🤔🙄

Because it’s never going to happen

It’s silly to discuss things that are never going to happen… Especially when they just Stir on emotions of buffalonians 

Nobody who is worth their salt in buffalo thinks the bills are leaving … Except the people who want to rip the bills away

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because it’s never going to happen

It’s silly to discuss things that are never going to happen… Especially when they just Stir on emotions of buffalonians 

Nobody who is worth their salt in buffalo thinks the bills are leaving … Except the people who want to rip the bills away

Based on what would it never happen?

You don’t think the Pegula’s could pass away in 20 years and the new owners wouldn’t move the team? Why?

• Like (+1) 1

I betcha people thought that the storied franchises in Baltimore & Cleveland would never pack up and move either, but....they did. Remember?

To Einstein: "...in 20 years." Hmm, Terry is in his 70s, and...

Edited by Bob Jones

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Based on what would it never happen?

You don’t think the Pegula’s could pass away in 20 years and the new owners wouldn’t move the team? Why?

It’s just as likely that they hand the team to one of their daughters.. Or if they have to sell the team they put in a clause like Ralph Wilson that does not let the bills get moved

It’s way more likely in 25 years Terry Pegula’s daughters are the owners of the bills and sabers

And if they have to get sold , that like Ralph he puts protection in there that doesn’t let them leave

Ralph Wilson’s estate would not let the bills be sold to a team that was moving them 

It’s just as likely Pegula does the same thing

Seeing as he is The default mayor of Buffalo… His pride and joy are the sabers and his legacy is in Buffalo

His legacy would be tarnished forever if he sold the bills to relocate and he’s not willing to do that

You could live in fantasy land and wish they get sold and relocate but it’s not gonna happen

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s just as likely that they hand the team to one of their daughters..

That’s very hard to do because of inheritance tax. His daughter would have to pay in excess of $1 Billion. That’s why most teams aren’t handed down to the kids.

It’s way more likely in 25 years Terry Pegula’s daughters are the owners of the bills and sabers

Based on what?

And if they have to get sold , that like Ralph he puts protection in there that doesn’t let them leave

Ralph Wilson’s estate would not let the bills be sold to a team that was moving them 

Not sure if you remember, but it was discussed at that time that the clause Ralph put in did not actually protect the team. It just said the team couldn’t be sold to someone who admitted they planned to move the team. The new owner could simply say they have no intention to move, buy the team, and then still move them after a few years.

It was discussed in length here: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/29/newly-discovered-term-in-bills-lease-doesnt-really-change-anything/amp/

Thats why the BEST preventive measure is to add a costly countermeasure to moving.

• Sad 1

On 1/26/2023 at 6:47 PM, Draconator said:

I'm starting to think the Investigative Post is intentionally doing a campaign to get the Bills to move

It's really starting to get annoying. Only in Buffalo could all relevant parties come to an agreement to build a 1 billion dollar plus stadium and yet there are still scare articles about the team leaving

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

It's really starting to get annoying. Only in Buffalo could all relevant parties come to an agreement to build a 1 billion dollar plus stadium and yet there are still scare articles about the team leaving

I don’t read it as a scare attempt. I read it as “hey, we should fix this before it becomes a problem”.

Put another way - What is the downside to adding better preventative measures? What could it hurt?

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s very hard to do because of inheritance tax. His daughter would have to pay in excess of $1 Billion. That’s why most teams aren’t handed down to the kids.

Based on what?

Not sure if you remember, but it was discussed at that time that the clause Ralph put in did not actually protect the team. It just said the team couldn’t be sold to someone who admitted they planned to move the team. The new owner could simply say they have no intention to move, buy the team, and then still move them after a few years.

It was discussed in length here: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/29/newly-discovered-term-in-bills-lease-doesnt-really-change-anything/amp/

Thats why the BEST preventive measure is to add a costly countermeasure to moving.

Reached by QMI Agency on Monday, this expert adviser on team acquisitions and stadium development said the clause is "a big problem" for anyone wanting to buy the Bills franchise with the intention of relocating it.

"I think the language is very direct. It's not cute. It's very in-your-face. I think people did not focus in on the sale part of the agreement; just on the non-relocation part."

It would be near impossible with their clause for a team to buy the bills… Lie, saying they have no intention to relocate and then moving them within 5 to 10 years

They do way too much due diligence to let anything like that happen And the sale clause prevented it

Nobody who bought the bills from Ralph’s estate was going to move them… Pegula can ensure the same

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Reached by QMI Agency on Monday, this expert adviser on team acquisitions and stadium development said the clause is "a big problem" for anyone wanting to buy the Bills franchise with the intention of relocating it.

"I think the language is very direct. It's not cute. It's very in-your-face. I think people did not focus in on the sale part of the agreement; just on the non-relocation part."

It would be near impossible with their clause for a team to buy the bills… Lie, saying they have no intention to relocate and then moving them within 5 to 10 years

They do way too much due diligence to let anything like that happen

Nobody who bought the bills from Ralph’s estate was going to move them… Pegula can ensure the same

Im guessing you didn’t read the article I linked. Written by an attorney.

I’m also still wondering. What is the downside? What is the negative to adding better preventative measures? What could it hurt?

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Im guessing you didn’t read the article I linked. Written by an attorney.

I’m also still wondering. What is the downside? What is the negative to adding better preventative measures? What could it hurt?

I mean there’s a ton of articles that also say the bills were not going to be relocated Due To clauses in the sale agreement When Ralphs estate sold the team…

Ralph put clauses In the sales agreement that did not let the new owner even Solicit or entertain offers

That was backed up by attorneys

There’s going to be tons of preventative measures that ensure the bills won’t leave when the time comes just like Ralph 

Terry Isn’t selling the team right now… When he does he could put a clause in that does not allow the new owners to entertain relocation

If they don’t like it they don’t buy it

Edited by Buffalo716