New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Start worrying when there's something to worry about.

Not worry, but concern for having a team henceforth.  I'll stop being concerned when the news of a lease extension comes out.  Until then, it's a valid question as to why one hasn't been signed.  Plain and simple.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

No it isn’t because the new Buffalo Bills stadium is no thrills open air stadium it won’t take long to build think Key Bank Center that went up quickly for the Buffalo Sabres and on time because of the no thrills cheap arena. I wouldn’t worry about the new Bills stadium because it isn’t worth worrying about. The Buffalo Bills have no other fools that want to give them $1 billion dollars in benefits. It’s $1 billion dollars by the way not $850 million dollars according to Field of Schemes. Again it doesn’t matter $850 million dollars or $1 billion dollars the bottom line is this deal will get done because there is no other option for the Buffalo Bills. Austin, Texas isn’t giving PSE $1 billion dollars.

If the Buffalo Bills left Buffalo I guarantee another professional sports team or league would come to Buffalo if $1 billion dollars potentially is given believe me that is a lot of money. MLS would do cart wheels coming to Buffalo for $1 billion dollars soccer specific stadium downtown. I wouldn’t count out MLB or NBA Buffalo expansion team to replace the Buffalo Bills either for a $1 billion dollars of free money with expansion for all three of those major leagues coming. I don’t think the Buffalo Bills are leaving Buffalo but if the Buffalo Bills turned there nose up on the $1 billion dollars deal some fool sports owner might potentially take that deal to move to Buffalo that PSE potentially passed up in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Lol, if you don’t think a city would hand the Bills multiple billions of dollars you don’t understand the world of the NFL (or sports in general). I don’t like to shout people down on here but what you just wrote isn’t true.

With all of that being said, the Bills aren’t going anywhere. They never were. They were going to have a public-private partnership which is pretty standard. That’s the way the world works. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

You can’t help yourself from being rude. Best of luck to your friend. PS, a COO earns significantly more than 300k.

No, it completely depends on the size of the company. You don’t pay the COO of Mary’s Flower Shop the same as the COO of Delta Airlines. One might make $30k, the other $30 Mil (much of it in restricted stock options). I just find it irritating when people act like they are experts in something they clearly know nothing about. 

In the bank scenario I happen to know the exact numbers. You can’t make sweeping generalizations based upon position title. Both CEO and Vice Chairman report directly to the Board. All credit functions report directly to the CEO, while branch operations and technology report to the Vice Chairman, and it’s working just fine. 

Edited by Augie

""I was hoping that we'd have something to announce by the end of December, but that didn't happen for various reasons, including two snowstorms – one in November and one in December. But I'm hoping we'll have something to announce by the end of this month."

Poloncarz said the environmental report would not have been up for Legislature approval if all sides didn't feel confident that the rest of the deal would come together fairly quickly. Thursday's approval was supposed to take place at the Legislature's last session two weeks ago, but in light of the critical injury suffered by Bills safety Damar Hamlin, the decision was made to wait and refocus on Bills negotiations later."

"“New York State, Erie County and the Buffalo Bills are actively finalizing all agreements and contracts related to the stadium, and this is another step forward in the process," Laura Magee said in a statement. "More details will be available for Monday's meeting.""

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/getting-closer-final-deal-nears-as-legislators-approve-environmental-impact-study-for-new-bills-stadium/article_02805cc2-9818-11ed-b677-d3d291461f03.html

Let's stop letting this "investigative" journalism strike fear into our hearts... it's ridiculous.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

No it isn’t because the new Buffalo Bills stadium is no thrills open air stadium it won’t take long to build think Key Bank Center that went up quickly for the Buffalo Sabres and on time because of the no thrills cheap arena. I wouldn’t worry about the new Bills stadium because it isn’t worth worrying about. The Buffalo Bills have no other fools that want to give them $1 billion dollars in benefits. It’s $1 billion dollars by the way not $850 million dollars according to Field of Schemes. Again it doesn’t matter $850 million dollars or $1 billion dollars the bottom line is this deal will get done because there is no other option for the Buffalo Bills. Austin, Texas isn’t giving PSE $1 billion dollars.

If the Buffalo Bills left Buffalo I guarantee another professional sports team or league would come to Buffalo if $1 billion dollars potentially is given believe me that is a lot of money. MLS would do cart wheels coming to Buffalo for $1 billion dollars soccer specific stadium downtown. I wouldn’t count out MLB or NBA Buffalo expansion team to replace the Buffalo Bills either for a $1 billion dollars of free money with expansion for all three of those major leagues coming. I don’t think the Buffalo Bills are leaving Buffalo but if the Buffalo Bills turned there nose up on the $1 billion dollars deal some fool sports owner might potentially take that deal to move to Buffalo that PSE potentially passed up in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

What if they install joy buzzers in the seats. That would make it more thrilling.

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Can't argue. I consider myself extremely fortunate. The only medical issue I have is my A1C is .1 point to consider me a diabetic. My cholesterol is 140. Everything else checks out fine. 

Me as well... all those years of pounding sodas caught up with me. I am going to get tested for MS soon next month. I can bear to be limited in mobility but losing cognitive functions and not being able to use my brain would be too much for me to bear.

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Me as well... all those years of pounding sodas caught up with me. I am going to get tested for MS soon next month. I can bear to be limited in mobility but losing cognitive functions and not being able to use my brain would be too much for me to bear.

Truth. Best wishes for you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I hope the tailgaters first crowd are happy the stadium will continue to reside in a snow belt.  

Who tailgates indoors? (Pat's fans?....)

Even with a dome the tailgates will take place outdoors!

Go Bills!

On 1/20/2023 at 2:08 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Based on what? Do we know what is wrong with her health wise or is that just speculation?

There's rumors out there (and I'm going to say rumors even though I trust the people that told me know for sure) that's she is not in good shape. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

There's rumors out there (and I'm going to say rumors even though I trust the people that told me know for sure) that's she is not in good shape. 

Not in good shape as in she may never fully recover?  I've been waiting months to hear some new on her health but it seems there's been such a tight lid on it.

• Like (+1) 1