New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

45 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The NFL brand is better because there are teams like the Packers and the Bills. 

I sort of agree. #BillsMafia is a phenomenon now, thanks to the Bills being good. We make up for the wine & cheese fan bases in places like L.A.

But the dollar is still king in the NFL and it's no secret that some owners want the league to squeeze out every nickel. The Bills will just become more and more valuable and the temptation to move then to greener (as in money) pastures will always be there.

Never take the Bills (or the Sabres) for granted.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I sort of agree. #BillsMafia is a phenomenon now, thanks to the Bills being good. We make up for the wine & cheese fan bases in places like L.A.

But the dollar is still king in the NFL and it's no secret that some owners want the league to squeeze out every nickel. The Bills will just become more and more valuable and the temptation to move then to greener (as in money) pastures will always be there.

I used to worry about it a lot when I was younger. Now I have developed other interests that are ultimately more important and I realize there's little point indulging anxiety over something I can't control. Though, I suspect I'm not really that evolved and mostly I am fairly confident the Pegula family will do right by Buffalo. If the new stadium materializes, that lease probably lasts longer than I do.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

i really want to see if there is any kind of ticket threshold etc for the new joint where below that threshold options to move open up. I am going strictly based on that survey they sent out a while ago, but there is gunna be a lot of very annoyed/ very pissed off people when what they pay now for 133 row 35( 5o yd lines) is gunna get them upper deck corners. and they gunna pay $5K for the right to buy that seat. Or if they want their current seat, they going to pony up $25K for the PSL for 2 seats, and be paying at least $300 for each seat. Not gunna happen for a lot of people, and these are folks been in the stadium since 73!. 

Gunna be some bad blood coming, Bills better hope this run continues for at least 2 more years. Josh could have asked for 100% guarantee, and would have gotten it. He is a massive key to that stadium seat sales being successful

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Wondering exactly why you feel so negatively about it? Seems like he raises a lot of pertinent issues for taxpayers who are doling out $850 million.

The part about Kim Pegula is also spot on, as she has basically disappeared since last June, and virtually no one in the Buffalo media has had the cajones to even ask about her situation. Do we even know who took over her duties in the Bills front office, since she was President of the (multi billion dollar) organization, and as noted in the story, was very "hands on?" That whole situation with her is a real head scratcher.

3 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Wondering exactly why you feel so negatively about it? Seems like he raises a lot of pertinent issues for taxpayers who are doling out $850 million.

The part about Kim Pegula is also spot on, as she has basically disappeared since last June, and virtually no one in the Buffalo media has had the cajones to even ask about her situation. Do we even know who took over her duties in the Bills front office, since she was President of the (multi billion dollar) organization, and as noted in the story, was very "hands on?" That whole situation with her is a real head scratcher.

The truth is out there...

Also, Kim was never part of the Bills front office.

I don't get what cajones have to do with anything? You want someone to pry into a personal medical matter? Why? $850MM? That has nothing to do with this.

Nothing will ever guarantee the Bills will never move.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh, Okay, PTR. I only know what I read online, which pretty much said something very similar to this everywhere I looked:

She is also the president of Pegula Sports and Entertainment, the holding company that manages the Bills as well as the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League; the Buffalo Bandits and Rochester Knighthawks of the National Lacrosse League; and the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League. The company also manages the LECOM Harborcenter and Black River Entertainment, an independent record label based in Nashville. By extension she is the president of several teams under Pegula Sports and Entertainment, including the Bills and Sabres. 

I didn't realize that her titles were just titles only.

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The truth is out there...

Also, Kim was never part of the Bills front office.

I don't get what cajones have to do with anything? You want someone to pry into a personal medical matter? Why? $850MM? That has nothing to do with this.

Nothing will ever guarantee the Bills will never move.

That's a picture of the "COO"...

52 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I used to worry about it a lot when I was younger. Now I have developed other interests that are ultimately more important and I realize there's little point indulging anxiety over something I can't control. Though, I suspect I'm not really that evolved and mostly I am fairly confident the Pegula family will do right by Buffalo. If the new stadium materializes, that lease probably lasts longer than I do.

Who knows if the NFL will be around in 30 plus years 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i really want to see if there is any kind of ticket threshold etc for the new joint where below that threshold options to move open up. I am going strictly based on that survey they sent out a while ago, but there is gunna be a lot of very annoyed/ very pissed off people when what they pay now for 133 row 35( 5o yd lines) is gunna get them upper deck corners. and they gunna pay $5K for the right to buy that seat. Or if they want their current seat, they going to pony up $25K for the PSL for 2 seats, and be paying at least $300 for each seat. Not gunna happen for a lot of people, and these are folks been in the stadium since 73!. 

Gunna be some bad blood coming, Bills better hope this run continues for at least 2 more years. Josh could have asked for 100% guarantee, and would have gotten it. He is a massive key to that stadium seat sales being successful

One ticket holders cancellation is another’s opportunity. The tickets will sell, just some will be to a new customer. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We make up for the wine & cheese fan bases in places like L.A.

A friend of mine who teaches high school physics in San Jose polled all 103 of his students in a class quiz yesterday.  The question:  "Who are the 49ers playing this weekend?"

Three students got the answer right.  Three.  Now, I know it's a physics class, yada yada.  But I have to think that in Buffalo, the ratio would almost be reversed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Oh, Okay, PTR. I only know what I read online, which pretty much said something very similar to this everywhere I looked:

She is also the president of Pegula Sports and Entertainment, the holding company that manages the Bills as well as the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League; the Buffalo Bandits and Rochester Knighthawks of the National Lacrosse League; and the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League. The company also manages the LECOM Harborcenter and Black River Entertainment, an independent record label based in Nashville. By extension she is the president of several teams under Pegula Sports and Entertainment, including the Bills and Sabres. 

I didn't realize that her titles were just titles only.

Well she got replaced, didn't she.

16 hours ago, BRH said:

A friend of mine who teaches high school physics in San Jose polled all 103 of his students in a class quiz yesterday.  The question:  "Who are the 49ers playing this weekend?"

Three students got the answer right.  Three.  Now, I know it's a physics class, yada yada.  But I have to think that in Buffalo, the ratio would almost be reversed.

Another indicator that our public schools are truly failing. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5