New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

• RunJoshRun changed the title to (CBA) Community Benefits Agreement is holding up new Bills Stadium

Not sure if this is standard procedure. But the “minority and women-owned” business priority thing just irks me. I guess white male owned businesses don’t count? 

Hopefully this doesn’t derail the new stadium. It would be a shame if we lost the new stadium and by default the bills because some extremely loosely linked programs wanted a money grab

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
Just now, MJS said:

OK, so there shouldn't actually be a holdup, right?

No, it's more made up nonsense from Run Josh Run, who is seconds from being permanently banned from starting threads.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The hold up is the community benefits agreement. According to Field of Schemes these crazy people want $500 million dollars. And BSF wants a Buffalo house on the waterfront with boat access and a dock it isn’t going to happen for me and $500 million dollars is pure fantasy for the community benefits people. PSE isn’t giving back $500 million to get $850 million. PSE wants it all someone wake up the community benefits people that number isn’t happening. Knock two zeros off the $500 million. If they get $5 million dollars they should consider themselves lucky. Also enough with the fear PSE isn’t leaving they got the state and county on the hook for $850 million dollars for there new Buffalo Bills stadium. Believe me the Buffalo Bills aren’t leaving. How do you know BSF? Because I have heard the Buffalo Bills cry wolf of moving since Richard Nixon was President. That is how long the Bills have cried wolf. If a Buffalo sports fan wants to have fear I worry more about the Buffalo Sabres. Not because the Sabres have fallen on hard times now.

But because the Buffalo Sabres have too many NHL hockey games at high ticket prices for this market to support. The Buffalo Bills we (Buffalo) can fly in Buffalo fans that left Buffalo to help support the Bills because it is once a week for 8 or 9 games. How are we (Buffalo) flying in Sabres fans that are outside the Buffalo area now. They can help to drive NHL merchandise sales which might save the Buffalo Sabres for now but 41 games is a lot of games for this market even with Canadian help the Buffalo Sabres have attendance problems something to be more concerned about than the Buffalo Bills stadium that is a done deal in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

The signing of the lease has been pushed back 45 days. This holds up not only construction but bid negotiations for contractors.

A Buffalo Coalition group, representing downtown Buffalo, wants $500 million over the 30-year lease. It will go towards transportation services and re-building the inter-city.

"BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — While the Buffalo Bills, Erie County, and New York State are hashing out details for a new stadium, community members are working to make sure they're included in the plans.

A coalition of groups that include the Partnership for Public Good and Buffalo Transit Riders United spoke at the Rock Pile on Wednesday, calling for a Community Benefits Agreement within the stadium deal that supports everyone in Western New York.

The coalition wants clauses in the new stadium deal that will fund wellness programs, housing programs, and youth sports programs, as well as better public transportation to-and-from the stadium, and opportunities for minority- and women-owned businesses.

"The reason the Community Benefits Agreements are in increasing use all over the country is because voters, taxpayers have held that a massive expenditure of public money without any public benefit is fundamentally unjust," said Miles Gresham, Policy Fellow at the Partnership for Public Good."

What are your thoughts?

Who the hell are these people and why do they feel they should get anything when the stadium is not in Buffalo? 

Talk about leeches.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

The signing of the lease has been pushed back 45 days. This holds up not only construction but bid negotiations for contractors.

A Buffalo Coalition group, representing downtown Buffalo, wants $500 million over the 30-year lease. It will go towards transportation services and re-building the inter-city.

"BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — While the Buffalo Bills, Erie County, and New York State are hashing out details for a new stadium, community members are working to make sure they're included in the plans.

A coalition of groups that include the Partnership for Public Good and Buffalo Transit Riders United spoke at the Rock Pile on Wednesday, calling for a Community Benefits Agreement within the stadium deal that supports everyone in Western New York.

The coalition wants clauses in the new stadium deal that will fund wellness programs, housing programs, and youth sports programs, as well as better public transportation to-and-from the stadium, and opportunities for minority- and women-owned businesses.

"The reason the Community Benefits Agreements are in increasing use all over the country is because voters, taxpayers have held that a massive expenditure of public money without any public benefit is fundamentally unjust," said Miles Gresham, Policy Fellow at the Partnership for Public Good."

What are your thoughts?

How do I join this coalition? I am underfunded & would like:

Austin Powers One Million Dollars GIF

• Haha (+1) 1