New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe they got tired of Aaron Rodgers's BS last year.

As of 2 summers ago:

"These Are the Most Incredible Active Sellout Streaks in Sports

Andrew Lisa

June 2, 2020·12 min read

In 1959, Dwight Eisenhower was president, no one had heard of the Beatles yet, and the Green Bay Packers were playing to sold-out crowds at a stadium that had yet to be renamed Lambeau Field. Fast forward nearly 60 years, and the two surviving Beatles are in their late 70s, Ike is a footnote in history, and the Packers are still playing to sold-out crowds at Lambeau. The most dramatic sellout streaks can span generations and even lifetimes, and they galvanize teams and unify fans. Some attendance records cluster around sports dynasties, while others seem to last forever no matter how the team performs. Either way, one truth is undeniable: When it comes to the business of sports, capacity crowds always are welcome.

The Packers also stand out, however, for their astonishing 60-year sellout streak, which has endured from 1959 to the present. Yet, in another oddity, the Packers don’t hold the longest sellout streak in one city. As of Nov. 4, 2018, they’d played 359 straight games in Green Bay, Wisconsin — fewer than the Denver Broncos’ 400 in a row in the Colorado capital — because they played 107 “home” games at Milwaukee County Stadium between 1960 and 1994, according to the Denver Post. The loyal fans in Milwaukee wanted to see the Packers closer to home."

Yeah, OK.

That’s exactly why they have cut almost 10k tickets from their new stadium plans. This way they always keep the stadium full and in demand. People will overpay for tickets once the new stadium is built. They aren’t going to have a choice. 

On 7/16/2022 at 11:53 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Trust BSF I have lived in Buffalo almost 55 years come December when I turn 55 years old. I have seen a lot over the years. The new Buffalo Bills stadium is a done deal because the public money is already committed when the New York State budget passed. A CBA is just a whole lot of nothing because both the city of Buffalo and Erie County is a whole lot of nothing today this was a New York State money deal all the way.

Buffalo and Erie County aren’t players anymore they haven’t been in a long long time they may think there players but there not because neither has enough money to build a Buffalo Bills a lemonade stand never mind something as big as a new NFL stadium today because both city of Buffalo are Erie County are broke. The way New York State wants them both broke and depended on the state for all the answers it is what it is we all just watch the dog and pony show but this stadium deal is a done deal in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

A lot more truth in this than many want to admit. That’s not surprising though. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.audacy.com/wben/local-sports/bills/bills-push-back-new-stadium-talks-deadline-by-45-days?utm_source=WBEN-AM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WBEN-AM NEWSLETTER&utm_content=Three Things 082722&mi_u=526992&mi_ecmp=Three Things 082722

Bills push back new stadium talks deadline by 45 days

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WBEN/AP) — Though talks are progressing, the deadline to finalize plans to build the Buffalo Bills' new $1.4 billion stadium have been pushed back by 45 days, negotiators announced on Friday.

Without revealing the reason for the delay, the decision to move the deadline from Sept. 1 was released in a joint statement by the stakeholders in negotiations made up by the Bills, New York state and county representatives.

(more in the link to the article)

17 minutes ago, Draconator said:

https://www.audacy.com/wben/local-sports/bills/bills-push-back-new-stadium-talks-deadline-by-45-days?utm_source=WBEN-AM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WBEN-AM NEWSLETTER&utm_content=Three Things 082722&mi_u=526992&mi_ecmp=Three Things 082722

Bills push back new stadium talks deadline by 45 days

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WBEN/AP) — Though talks are progressing, the deadline to finalize plans to build the Buffalo Bills' new $1.4 billion stadium have been pushed back by 45 days, negotiators announced on Friday.

Without revealing the reason for the delay, the decision to move the deadline from Sept. 1 was released in a joint statement by the stakeholders in negotiations made up by the Bills, New York state and county representatives.

(more in the link to the article)

This happens regularly in negotiations and isn't a big deal.  During our last set of negotiations at work we extended the prior contract four times before we finalized a contract.  It's something that is done if both sides feel they are close to an agreement, making genuine progress, and just need a little more time.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

This happens regularly in negotiations and isn't a big deal.  During our last set of negotiations at work we extended the prior contract four times before we finalized a contract.  It's something that is done if both sides feel they are close to an agreement, making genuine progress, and just need a little more time.  

Okay, that's fine, but..... we want renderings! Just give us a colorful picture to look at!

Better yet, give us a black and white picture and a box of crayons so we can color it in on our own!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Okay, that's fine, but..... we want renderings! Just give us a colorful picture to look at!

Better yet, give us a black and white picture and a box of crayons so we can color it in on our own!

I don't think this has anything to do with the renderings.  We are "close" to seeing those.  If I had to guess, I'd say they need more time to finalize the community benefits agreement that is part of the new lease.  Although it could be still needing settlement on other day, minor issues in the new lease itself.  We probably won't ever know.

4 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

I don't think this has anything to do with the renderings.  We are "close" to seeing those.  If I had to guess, I'd say they need more time to finalize the community benefits agreement that is part of the new lease.  Although it could be still needing settlement on other day, minor issues in the new lease itself.  We probably won't ever know.

I'm sure you're right, but the fella was just telling a joke.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

It's more likely that a meteor will strike Hochul than she will lose the election. 

I appreciate the input, but even NASA is preparing for a meteor strick.

My question is if she does lose the election could the stadium deal be in jeopardy 

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Just a question that my searches have not found an answer.

If Kathy Hochul is defeated in the November, could the new governor cancel our stadium deal?

Not to turn this into a PPP thread, but Hochul's opponent Lee Zelden is Pro-Trump. There are bigger fish to fry than our stadium deal. But he is from Long Island. He may cancel it to please his local supporters. 

But the bottom line is, most of the state may go Lee Zelden's way, but New York City and the surrounding area (save for a couple of districts) will be overwhelmingly Hochul, which will carry the election in her favor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Not to turn this into a PPP thread, but Hochul's opponent Lee Zelden is Pro-Trump. There are bigger fish to fry than our stadium deal. But he is from Long Island. He may cancel it to please his local supporters. 

But the bottom line is, most of the state may go Lee Zelden's way, but New York City and the surrounding area (save for a couple of districts) will be overwhelmingly Hochul, which will carry the election in her favor. 

Thank you for that explanation. 

25 minutes ago, Southern bills said:

Not living in Buffalo, is this something that has come up? It would be shocking to hear either side talking much about it right now. 

I am from western NY,  but I live in Las Vegas and have been out of the area for many years.  That us why I posed this question.

27 minutes ago, Southern bills said:

Not living in Buffalo, is this something that has come up? It would be shocking to hear either side talking much about it right now. 

I am from western NY,  but I live in Las Vegas and have been out of the area for many years.  That is why I posed this question.

42 minutes ago, Draconator said:

And Rochester.  And Buffalo.